There are 252 users in the forums

"Big Play" Dre Greenlaw-OLB-Arkansas is a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by fropwns:
Originally posted by braap49er:
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Wow

Shows good character but we all know it doesn't matter if he can't play well.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
This is the only pick I don't quite get. If he doesn't project as a SAM LB then he's like a long shot to make the team. Lee and Mayo are almost locks to be backup LBs

I wouldn't assume that. They met with a whole bunch of WILL type LBs in the pre-draft process. That tells me they aren't satisfied who they have on the roster behind Warner and Alexander right now.
Originally posted by IrishCrnjo:
I think this guy might get converted to SS. He has good speed and is said to be good in coverage but not so much in run support. Could be be like Kam Chancellor?

He was originally recruited out of HS as a safety.

Interesting post!
Am I the only one who was expecting Kyle to say, "Yo Dre! Today was a good day..."

Originally posted by NCommand:
Am I the only one who was expecting Kyle to say, "Yo Dre! Today was a good day..."

This is the only pick I don't quite get. If he doesn't project as a SAM LB then he's like a long shot to make the team. Lee and Mayo are almost locks to be backup LBs

JL: So, Dre is a guy, competition at the linebacker spot, whether it be the stack or the SAM linebacker

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/125206-transcript-john-lynch-kyle-shanahan-discuss-49ers-selections/
Patrick Willis who?

Nice watch
  • titan
  • Veteran

Haha. Definitely not a lock. They drafted competition.

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by titan:

Haha. Definitely not a lock. They drafted competition.

WELL, Dre Man needs to focus on becoming our best Special Team Player possible because that's the only way he makes the team.

or... how much would it cost us to cut ties w/Malcolm???
Originally posted by tohara3:

Nice watch

DeMeco looks like he could still get in there and mix it up.
Originally posted by GEEK:
I think he'll replace Malcolm Smith's role on the team. Smith was supposed to be a starter, but with his age and injury history, the 49ers need to get younger and better in the group.

SLB: Nzeocha/Mayo (<---- Remember, this position is really only on the field for 1st downs. They contribute more on ST than D)
MLB: Warner/Lee
WLB: Alexander/Greenlaw

I hope he doesn't replace Malcolm Smiths role on this team - that means he is always going to be on the injury report haha

all jokes aside - I am rooting for this kid. Seems like a fighter and a great locker room guy. lets hope he turns into an animal!

hell as long as he can wrap up - he is already better than most of the guys on our team. We couldn't tackle for s**t last year.
https://sports.yahoo.com/man-tweets-story-of-how-49-ers-draft-pick-saved-his-daughters-life-003800910.html

Man tweets story of how 49ers draft pick saved his daughter's life
Read he was a safety and seeing how we luv to draft players and change there position have him drop 20lbs and make him a safety ...He can't do any worse then tha trash we have there now ...
Share 49ersWebzone