LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

"Big Play" Dre Greenlaw-OLB-Arkansas is a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Just not the linebacker I would've chosen there. Feel like Blake Cashman was a far superior prospect.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by fropwns:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I'd bet a paycheck this guy isn't on the roster by this time next year.

When he does you can make it out to Arkansas Children's Hospital.

I'd be happy to, fro!

sweet. I just added a reminder to my google calendar. We'll see who's right in one year.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Another guy who was probably only on the Niners radar at this point. Second straight WTF pick on day three.

They need to study the film of Patriots drafts. It's obvious they don't know what they are doing.

Based on the Patriots trading UP for a punter... looks like they are studying the niners lol.
sounds like this dude is a prototypical Will but is missing that spark and football knowledge. Hopefully Saleh can give him that
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
sounds like this dude is a prototypical Will but is missing that spark and football knowledge. Hopefully Saleh can give him that

Sounds more like a 6th/7th rounder or even a UDFA, right?
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
They need to study the film of Patriots drafts. It's obvious they don't know what they are doing.

Lol yes cause the Pats are drafting all these big name guys that everyone is projecting as studs....they've draft based off scheme and fit for for yrs.

Well, actually they are...

The Patriots draft big name guys, superstars and players. Not projects and projections and unknowns like us. They know what they are doing. We don't.

There will be about 300 players drafted at the end of the month, but the Patriots only consider 50-75 players as draft-pick worthy for their program.

That's what director of player personnel Nick Caserio said on Tuesday when he met with reporters for his annual pre-draft press conference. He acknowledged that the pool of players the Patriots are picking from is smaller than the norm.

"I would say it varies year to year, but I would say our draft board is smaller than most," he explained. "We are trying to find players that we feel comfortable with on all levels that we would actually draft. Not that are going to get drafted. Three-hundred players or whatever it is are going to get drafted. It's players that we would draft, that we would actually feel comfortable with in our program in some capacity."

If we did things the Patriots way, fans here would want the GM fired for having such a small draft board. Fans would think they could not identify talent because loads of players get left off the teams big board.

Patriots might not have had AJ Brown on their draft board. Would that mean they don't know what they are doing? Or maybe it means fans don't know what their teams are actually looking for in prospects that fit with their team and where the value for those prospects lays at ?
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Just not the linebacker I would've chosen there. Feel like Blake Cashman was a far superior prospect.

This
Originally posted by Furlow:

This

That's okay. I guess they'll have to consult with all us experts next year. Seriously, how many of you actually watched film of this guy. I have no idea of his potential. As I said before, late round picks are crap shoots. You're just hoping you strike gold and find a guy who is a late bloomer. The general rule is 1 or 2 starters with 1 being all pro caliber, is a good draft. The other guys are usually depth.
It does seem like there were better LB's on the board... the one thing I want to reiterate from living in Denver and being forced to follow the Broncos for years... Adam Peters knows his linebackers. Now... that doesnt help the fact that there seemed to be much better talent on the board, but he found gems for Denver throughout the years that didnt get the best reception when first drafted either and became above average starters in the league.
[ Edited by TheRickestRick on Apr 27, 2019 at 12:41 PM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by Furlow:

This

That's okay. I guess they'll have to consult with all us experts next year. Seriously, how many of you actually watched film of this guy. I have no idea of his potential. As I said before, late round picks are crap shoots. You're just hoping you strike gold and find a guy who is a late bloomer. The general rule is 1 or 2 starters with 1 being all pro caliber, is a good draft. The other guys are usually depth.

You're right we should all just cheer for whoever they draft and not have a mind of our own. Chill out, dude.

If fropwns is alright with this pick, then so be it.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by susweel:
Projected to go in the 7th round or undrafted. Sounds like a perfect guy for us in the 5th.

If there's anybody who absolutely nails player evaluations -- it's the internet.

remember when the internet guys all said C.J. Beathard was a 7th round pick at best but yet we took him in the 3rd how's that working out for Lynch & Co.

How exactly is that working out?

CJ is our third best QB, turns the ball over like crazy, and will likely not be on the team soon.

Sorry... don't want to derail this thread. But CJ is exactly the example I would use to illustrate Lynch's history of reaching in the draft.
  • bors
  • Veteran
I am the lawwww!!!!!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Greenlaw >>> Warner >>> Kwon >>> Smith >>>scrubs
Originally posted by bors:
I am the lawwww!!!!!

And the lawwww is not mocked.
Share 49ersWebzone