There are 236 users in the forums

"Big Play" Dre Greenlaw-OLB-Arkansas is a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AkNiners:
Malcom smith wasn't fast though. Greenlaw has got wheels. If he can get his reaction time down, he'll be fine.

Uhh, Malcolm Smith ran a 4.4 at his pro day. That's silly fast for a LB even if adjusted for a hand timer.

Speed isn't the problem with Greenlaw. The problem lies between the ears.
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 1, 2019 at 1:09 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
That wasn't the only egregious pass play he had during the preseason. I posted that one because I had it saved. Greenlaw also appears to be a guesser at times in the run game. He needs to follow his keys and do his job.

Fortunately, I think the pass rush will mask most of his deficiencies in pass defense.

Also, it isn't unreasonable to expect a rookie to look better in week 10 of the regular season than he did in his first few minutes in a Niners uniform.

So you know. There's that.
Uhh, Malcolm Smith ran a 4.4 at his pro day. That's silly fast for a LB even if adjusted for a hand timer.

HOLY CRAP. I had no idea smith had wheels too. I agree, hopefully Dmac and Salah can coach him into shape.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoldBrick:
That wasn't the only egregious pass play he had during the preseason. I posted that one because I had it saved. Greenlaw also appears to be a guesser at times in the run game. He needs to follow his keys and do his job.

Fortunately, I think the pass rush will mask most of his deficiencies in pass defense.

Also, it isn't unreasonable to expect a rookie to look better in week 10 of the regular season than he did in his first few minutes in a Niners uniform.

Exactly
HOLY CRAP. I had no idea smith had wheels too. I agree, hopefully Dmac and Salah can coach him into shape.

Yep, I agree with this. Coach him up. That's why they get paid big bucks.

Hopefully, Kwon helps him get ready for Seattle. Seahawks are going to be pounding the rock, putting out the cheese the entire game with playaction and sneaking in over routes behind him. Greenlaw needs to stay disciplined.
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 1, 2019 at 1:15 PM ]

Hopefully, Kwon helps him get ready for Seattle. Seahawks are going to be pounding the rock, putting out the cheese the entire game with playaction and sneaking in over routes behind him. Greenlaw needs to stay disciplined.

and that's gonna be a problem BUT hey next man up! Seattle did lose their starting center for the yr, which is a pretty big blow for them.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

and that's gonna be a problem BUT hey next man up! Seattle did lose their starting center for the yr, which is a pretty big blow for them.

They lost their top tight end as well.
All these new rules to protect the players and they're getting hurt just a much. You can barely tackle but the injuries keep coming.
Every team has injuries. Losing Kwon hurts, but we're getting 4 starters back, two of whom are probowlers. We got better this week.

12 weeks of preparing for games thus far definitely helps....we hope atleast.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
All these new rules to protect the players and they're getting hurt just a much. You can barely tackle but the injuries keep coming.

Most of the new rules seem intended to reduce TBI and protect superstar QBs. I don't think you can do much about fractures and joint injuries.

Doesn't matter how fast the wheels are if the cars always broken. Smith couldn't find the field as was overrated. Greenlaw was fine in pre season and I'm hoping he steps up to the occasion.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Most of the new rules seem intended to reduce TBI and protect superstar QBs. I don't think you can do much about fractures and joint injuries.

Or freak injuries. Thinking back Bowman, BY, lately Julce were all freak injuries.
As I said in the Kwon thread, the silver lining is the timing. The 49ers may lose a few games / need more help from the offense to win due to Kwon's absence, but eight games is a lot of playing time, and hopefully will pay massive dividends for Greenlaw come playoff time.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Polkadots:
As I said in the Kwon thread, the silver lining is the timing. The 49ers may lose a few games / need more help from the offense to win due to Kwon's absence, but eight games is a lot of playing time, and hopefully will pay massive dividends for Greenlaw come playoff time.

I mean Kwon is good but he isnt "49ers will now lose a few games" good. WAY overreaction.
Share 49ersWebzone