LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

"Big Play" Dre Greenlaw-OLB-Arkansas is a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Looks like we hit on a hidden gem with Greenlaw - got to love it.
If he can hold up in the run game against the Cowboys OL, I will be very impressed.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
If he can hold up in the run game against the Cowboys OL, I will be very impressed.

Wouldn't be surprised if he did.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Well yeah considering It's the Preseason and the backup scrubs will be playing for them
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Well yeah considering It's the Preseason and the backup scrubs will be playing for them

He just talking about when the first unit OL is in there for them.

One or two series at most. Has Dre even locked up the starting SAM yet? Seems like the coaching staff still likes Malcoms Smiths left nut a little more
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

One or two series at most. Has Dre even locked up the starting SAM yet? Seems like the coaching staff still likes Malcoms Smiths left nut a little more

I think he has - just waiting for the end of TC to announce it.
I'm really pulling for this guy. I hope he's this years player that surprises people like Kittle did last year.
True sleeper. Fred Warner wasn't much of a sleeper as scouts knew who he was by the time of the draft. Forcing SF to select him earlier than his projected 4th round grade
Let's how he does in a game,then let's talk.

But i like the combo of GreenLaw, Warner, Kwon.

Also i like what i've seen with Warner being vocal during camp. BECOME THAT LEADER BOY!!

• okdkid
  • Veteran
The knock on Greenlaw coming out is that he plays small. All finesse, lots of clean up tackles (hence why his tackle metrics look good). But not a lot of disruption or play creation on his own...always cleaning up other player's disruption. Hopefully he's got it figured out. We'll see. Would be nice if his practice play translates to the regular season.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
... as I was saying, he got drafted this late because he was never all that in college... he did start and was good, but he wasn't a very instinctive player (like Woodall in college).. and yes, we may have hit a GEM on this kid..

.. and lets hope he shows some skills all preseason long!!

GO NINERS !!!
Originally posted by 9moon:
... as I was saying, he got drafted this late because he was never all that in college... he did start and was good, but he wasn't a very instinctive player (like Woodall in college).. and yes, we may have hit a GEM on this kid..

.. and lets hope he shows some skills all preseason long!!

GO NINERS !!!

Sometimes all it takes is the right coach to bring the best out of a young player, so maybe his relationship with Ryans is making him realize his true potential.

If this kid turns out to be a stud sleeper, this front 7 is going to be ridiculous if everyone stays healthy.
I hope he's taking snaps at WILL as well. That's where he was originally expected to play, but with the wide 9 adjustments, it created an opening for a third stack LB at SAM. It would be nice if he could fill in for Kwon if need be.
[ Edited by Heroism on Aug 8, 2019 at 9:34 AM ]
I think he has already locked up the job. I'm so happy because Smith won't be starting. We got a good one it looks like the fifth round is our very best round. Great job by the front office. Hope this guy works out and even if he's average that is still pretty good considering where he was drafted
Share 49ersWebzone