LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 317 users in the forums

"Big Play" Dre Greenlaw-OLB-Arkansas is a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
Greenlaw is such an underrated piece of our defense. He brings a real toughness and strength to our defense that is extremely needed. We have a lot of fast guys and some of those guys give up a little bit of size and strength so he compliments it real well.

This. That hufunga fumble doesn't happen if he doesn't stop Kamera before he crosses the goal line 1v1 and Kamera isn't an easy tackle.

I have always said Greenlaw is the real #1 on this team.
Warner is excellent in coverage, but to me, he is more of a hybrid Safety/LB. Not a knock on him. I believe that is what he played at BYU.

Greenlaw is more that true thumper LB. He reminds me of Bowman. I will never forget the hit he laid on that Seattle TE in week 17 for home field advantage on the line.
Originally posted by 49ers_Life:
Greenlaw is such an underrated piece of our defense. He brings a real toughness and strength to our defense that is extremely needed. We have a lot of fast guys and some of those guys give up a little bit of size and strength so he compliments it real well.

This. That hufunga fumble doesn't happen if he doesn't stop Kamera before he crosses the goal line 1v1 and Kamera isn't an easy tackle.

Warner is excellent in coverage, but to me, he is more of a hybrid Safety/LB. Not a knock on him. I believe that is what he played at BYU.

Greenlaw is more that true thumper LB. He reminds me of Bowman. I will never forget the hit he laid on that Seattle TE in week 17 for home field advantage on the line.

Greenlaw is a great player and I agree brings that toughness. But Warner is a level higher. He gets sacks, PDs, INTs, and is arguably the best at FF in the league.

Greenlaw also gets more boneheaded penalties.
I liked how greenlaw was like, the offense scored 3 pts. thats all we need now.
Guy is playing at an all pro level this year, change my mind.
This man is insane
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Big
Play
Dre
Originally posted by iowa49er_75:

He looks like Bowman out there wrecking fools
  • KiwiM
  • Veteran
Elite player. Wow. So impressive.
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by iowa49er_75:

He looks like Bowman out there wrecking fools

That's a very good comparison. Guy has been crazy good In space this year and flying to the Ball.

Originally posted by KiwiM:
Elite player. Wow. So impressive.

theres a genius here who thinks he only gets personal fouls
Dre plays with a different type of ferocity than everyone else on the defense. He's built to punish people and looks for it. Someone pointed out that he reminded them of Bowman. That's a good call.
[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 4, 2022 at 5:42 PM ]
He's just a tremendous player. Great LB. Glad to have him.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
I am still mad he he got ejected.

saw an eagle do worse today and not get ejected.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by 49ers_Life:

Greenlaw is a great player and I agree brings that toughness. But Warner is a level higher. He gets sacks, PDs, INTs, and is arguably the best at FF in the league.

Greenlaw also gets more boneheaded penalties.

I'm just glad we have two next level linebackers. So sad that we will be losing Al-Shaair, but we'll net a nice comp pick in 2024 for an UDFA.
Share 49ersWebzone