There are 321 users in the forums

"Big Play" Dre Greenlaw-OLB-Arkansas is a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
[ Edited by fropwns on May 5, 2019 at 6:14 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Shoot, I didn't even think of that. Get your 3 best LB's on the field together.

How would that look for us?

WILL - Alexander
MIKE - Warner
SAM - Greenlaw

???

Nah, Greenlaw is way too small to play SAM. He's only 5'11 and mentioned yesterday that he's currently in the 230s from the combine, and that it's too heavy for him. It sounds like he plans to drop into the high 220s.

Fred is the one who could play SAM in base. He played what's called an overhang defender at BYU, which was similar to what the SAM does here. I've also seen Saleh sparingly use Fred as an overhang defender here and there. Of course, this is all predicated on Greenlaw balling out. He has to do that first. I also don't know if it's a good idea to jerk around a young player like Fred who is still learning to play a true stack LB.

We're probably just wasting bandwidth here talking about this.

I thought the same thing given I have him as depth at WILL...would make the most sense to slide Warner over for those minimal snaps.

But yeah...probably moot.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
He'll definitely get his shot. We're not loaded with talent in that unit...Kwon might not even be %100 by kickoff.
LoL y'all getting excited for a career ST player. Yeah dude will never be a full time starter good luck with that
This kid will be an overachiever. All heart
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
LoL y'all getting excited for a career ST player. Yeah dude will never be a full time starter good luck with that

You must really be a joy to hang around.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
ANTONIO GOSS ALL OVER AGAIN.
People are way too optimistic about Greenlaw trying to pencil him in as a starter already. I haven't seen a single big board that even had this dude as a top 250 player. I will definitely pull for him, but at 230 pounds, a terrible 40 time (I know they say he was dinged up when he ran but he ran QW slow at 230), and avg starter production in college - I won't hold my breath for him to be a quality starter.

Why we took him over Blake Cashman I will never understand. Even Terril Hanks who was an UDFA had more upside and production.
[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on May 7, 2019 at 2:24 PM ]
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Sometimes, you just got to believe.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

Lineback is one of the hardest positions to forecast. So line dependent.

He had good to great production, but was also a bit of a glass cannon.

It think he will be fearless when he is healthy, but thats a lot of stress injuries in college, only to go up against larger strong players in the pros.

I am not worried about his speed or eyes or anything like that. The dude chased plays sideline to sideline well enough, and looked like he was shot out of a cannon more then one.

I just wish he was more robust.

• LVJay
  • Veteran
I doubt anyone (or not more than a handful of peeps) in here thought that Warner was going to be as good as he was last year, but he surprised. Not to mention, he had a lot of rookie mistakes, but was still very good with much room to grow.

I'm not saying Greenlaw is our next Warner, but I'm also not saying he can't be...
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

Originally posted by LVJay:
I doubt anyone (or not more than a handful of peeps) in here thought that Warner was going to be as good as he was last year, but he surprised. Not to mention, he had a lot of rookie mistakes, but was still very good with much room to grow.

I'm not saying Greenlaw is our next Warner, but I'm also not saying he can't be...

idk i was super high on warner personally. I knew he would be a stael. Greenlaw is a little less sure, but he has the intangibles and looks to be a great athlete. Don't think he'll be more than a capable starter but based on the man he is, I will root for him for a long time, whether if he's with us or not.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:
idk i was super high on warner personally. I knew he would be a stael. Greenlaw is a little less sure, but he has the intangibles and looks to be a great athlete. Don't think he'll be more than a capable starter but based on the man he is, I will root for him for a long time, whether if he's with us or not.

Yes, it's hard not to root for this guy. I'm not going to speculate anything, but his character tells us that he's willing to put in the hard work in order to get on the field.

Warner surprised a lot of us...even tho the competition wasn't going to put him on the bench, he made a name for himself.
[ Edited by LVJay on May 9, 2019 at 5:54 PM ]
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by gold49digger:

Yes, it's hard not to root for this guy. I'm not going to speculate anything, but his character tells us that he's willing to put in the hard work in order to get on the field.

Warner surprised a lot of us...even tho the competition wasn't going to put him on the bench, he made a name for himself.

If all he turns out to be is a good ST player and a spot starter then I consider the pick a good one.
[ Edited by gold49digger on May 9, 2019 at 7:33 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone