LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

"Big Play" Dre Greenlaw-OLB-Arkansas is a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm getting a good vibe from this dude. Seems more like the humble, hungry Patrick Willis type than the Aldon smith I think I'll drive into a tree and yell bomb at an airport type
I like this kid.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
This is the kinda guy you can't help but to get behind. He's probably destined to be a special teamer but stranger things have happened.

A more chemically balanced Blake Costanzo would be good.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26659044/man-thanks-49ers-greenlaw-saving-daughter
  • C-Nut
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 1251alex:
im hoping this kid turns into a full blown stud for us. I already love him.

Me too, man what a quality human being this guy is
This guy reminds me of a young looking Mike Tyson with a little bit of Frank Gore. Scary as hell
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Contract signed. Now, Dre, make it stick.
Originally posted by gohogs14:

Thats amazing

This guy doesn't miss a lot of tackles - and this is in the SEC! Nice...brings something to this team in an area that needs improvement.

Originally posted by pdizo916:

Thats amazing

A 22mph WILL that had a 5% missed tackle percentage? Yes please. If nothing else, he'll be a beast on ST...maybe even the gunner opposite Mostert.
Originally posted by NCommand:
A 22mph WILL that had a 5% missed tackle percentage? Yes please. If nothing else, he'll be a beast on ST...maybe even the gunner opposite Mostert.

When the Falcons drafted Duke Riley, they wanted to a way to get him on the field in base with Deion Jones(Mike) and Devondre Campbell(Will), so they adjusted their base package so that Devondre plays Sam and moves back to Will in nickel.

If Greenlaw balls out during camp/preseason, they could consider doing a similar adjustment with Fred that the Falcons did with Campbell.
[ Edited by Heroism on May 4, 2019 at 6:11 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:

When the Falcons drafted Duke Riley, they wanted a way to get him on the field in base with Deion Jones(Mike) and Devondre Campbell(Will), so they adjusted their base package so that Devondre plays Sam and moves back to Will in nickel.

If Greenlaw balls out during camp/preseason, they could consider doing a similar adjustment with Fred that the Falcons did with Campbell.

Shoot, I didn't even think of that. Get your 3 best LB's on the field together.

How would that look for us?

WILL - Alexander
MIKE - Warner
SAM - Greenlaw

???
Shoot, I didn't even think of that. Get your 3 best LB's on the field together.

How would that look for us?

WILL - Alexander
MIKE - Warner
SAM - Greenlaw

???

Nah, Greenlaw is way too small to play SAM. He's only 5'11 and mentioned yesterday that he's currently in the 230s from the combine, and that it's too heavy for him. It sounds like he plans to drop into the high 220s.

Fred is the one who could play SAM in base. He played what's called an overhang defender at BYU, which was similar to what the SAM does here. I've also seen Saleh sparingly use Fred as an overhang defender here and there. Of course, this is all predicated on Greenlaw balling out. He has to do that first. I also don't know if it's a good idea to jerk around a young player like Fred who is still learning to play a true stack LB.

We're probably just wasting bandwidth here talking about this.
[ Edited by Heroism on May 4, 2019 at 7:28 PM ]
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Do we know his jersey number, yet? Fanatics says it is 57.
Share 49ersWebzone