LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 356 users in the forums

"Big Play" Dre Greenlaw-OLB-Arkansas is a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Dre clearly REALLY missed hitting people
You guys are being too hard on him. He looked good was flying around and making hits. Missed seeing him out there. Once Azeez is back look out
Looked fresh and fast out there! Liked the energy he brought to the game.
I was worried that he'd commit an penalty and cost us the game.

He didn't and it's great to have all 3 of our LB's on the field next week.
Big play Dre gotta tone it down a tad. Almost got a penalty for body slamming fools.
Originally posted by Youngone:
Big play Dre gotta tone it down a tad. Almost got a penalty for body slamming fools.

Yeah I remember Aikman moaning from the booth for the penalty. It was a running back and he was a live ball carrier. This is what is known as a linebacker making a tackle. Aikman lost some respect on that one.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Yeah I remember Aikman moaning from the booth for the penalty. It was a running back and he was a live ball carrier. This is what is known as a linebacker making a tackle. Aikman lost some respect on that one.

Not saying it would've been justified but I could see refs throwing a flag for it.

The shot to Jimmy's head was flag worthy.

Similar tackles have been flagged, and as a matter of fact we have received that exact penalty earlier this season if memory serves. There is a reason Greenlaw got up looking for laundry.
Love the energy but three boneheaded plays out there. I hope Demeco is in his ear all week.
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
Looked fresh and fast out there! Liked the energy he brought to the game.

My thoughts exactly. Him and azeez are a new dimension no one has game plan for. Just have to play smart.

Originally posted by WINiner:

Similar tackles have been flagged, and as a matter of fact we have received that exact penalty earlier this season if memory serves. There is a reason Greenlaw got up looking for laundry.

Perhaps but it would have been a bs foul similar to Arden Key using his body weight. I mean should Greenlaw contort himself mid-tackle and ease the rb to the turf? What exactly is he expected to do here?

Perhaps but it would have been a bs foul similar to Arden Key using his body weight. I mean should Greenlaw contort himself mid-tackle and ease the rb to the turf? What exactly is he expected to do here?

Suplexing players almost always gets flagged. We lucked out on that one.
He was really missed in the run game.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

Not saying it would've been justified but I could see refs throwing a flag for it.

The shot to Jimmy's head was flag worthy.

Refs call the shot to Jimmy's head 9 out of 10 times. He was even calling the refs out for it and they did nothing.
Originally posted by Chance:

Suplexing players almost always gets flagged. We lucked out on that one.

right we got lucky there.
Share 49ersWebzone