LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

"Big Play" Dre Greenlaw-OLB-Arkansas is a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So do we extend him now or wait?
That was his issue in college always hurt. I like Greenlaw though. And when was the last time 51 made a play? Is 10 a year the going rate
What was the injury? I never even saw what happened? Didn't hear any reports
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

Calf
This dude is glass and I honestly think Azeez is a better player
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

Calf
Damn it couldn't have happened at a better time.
With the depth of the LB corps being razor (pun intended) thin, I really don't like the prospect of losing Dre.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/156079-espn-tabs-49ers-greenlaw-under-the-radar-trade-candidate-offseason/
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by InfernoDaLuz:
With the depth of the LB corps being razor (pun intended) thin, I really don't like the prospect of losing Dre.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/156079-espn-tabs-49ers-greenlaw-under-the-radar-trade-candidate-offseason/

It's actually not with Azeez developing this season who at times was the best LB on the team and this coaching staff has shown the ability to develop LB talent. Not that I want to see Dre leave but we can't pay all three guys what they probably want considering we're in nickel more than any other formation limiting the snaps available.
[ Edited by jcs on Feb 1, 2022 at 5:23 PM ]
Originally posted by jcs:
It's actually not with Azeez developing this season who at times was the best LB on the team and this coaching staff has shown the ability to develop LB talent. Not that I want to see Dre leave but we can't pay all three guys what they probably want considering we're in nickel more than any other formation limiting the snaps available.

The good news is that there is some pretty promising talent at LB that will be available from Rounds 3-5 in the draft.
Originally posted by jcs:

There were enough instances of playing 4-3 or of both being injured throughout the season to justify addressing depth.

• titan
  • Veteran
Dre not going anywhere. I remember when we thought LB was our strongest position and they all got hurt that season. I think we need to keep this defense intact and let them mature as a team and just add a few vets in the CB position. Depending on how Trey Lance develops this off season we may be relying on this defense and our running game like this year.

Middle to late rd pick in return lol. F that
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Lol . Right!
Originally posted by titan:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Lol . Right!

This. If Dre plays up to form, you are getting a comp pick for him. I think he plays out his deal and then the team will have to make a decision. Hoping this squad gets a ring. I don't think we can keep everyone.
It's a shame Dre had an injury-riddled season. Dude was playing with a different level of physicality at the end of the year when he got on the field. He was thumpin'.
Share 49ersWebzone