There are 203 users in the forums

"Big Play" Dre Greenlaw-OLB-Arkansas is a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by thl408:
jonnydel broke this play down and focused on the strongside. Stafford actually looked weakside first and it's Greenlaw that forced Stafford to move off of the Curl-Flat concept.

Playing the down and distance (3rd & 17), Greenlaw does not widen out to the flat to follow the RB. This allowed Greenlaw to play the passing lane on the deep Curl. Stafford goes on to work the strongside where Warner takes away the Dig (jd covers this).

Assist to Greenlaw on this INT. Also, this is what happens when chipping Bosa. Perhaps if there was no chip block, the RB goes to the flat sooner and might cause Greenlaw to widen. Any route that is delayed can greatly affect how zone coverages are (not) manipulated.

Good breakdown th. I was wondering why Stafford didn't hit the rb out of the backfield b/c he's wide open. but by time he became open Stafford was already looking down field.
  • thl408
Originally posted by lamontb:
Good breakdown th. I was wondering why Stafford didn't hit the rb out of the backfield b/c he's wide open. but by time he became open Stafford was already looking down field.

It was 3rd & 17. Stafford also seems to have a lot of YOLO in him.
As long as he cuts back on the bone headed penalties, he looked like a monster out there.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
As long as he cuts back on the bone headed penalties, he looked like a monster out there.

I think he's more steady than AAShaair and prefer Greenlaw over AAS in nickel.
My favorite trait about Greenlaw is that when he tackles, the player doesn't get anymore yardage. He doesn't drag people...he stops them cold.
Originally posted by thl408:

I think he's more steady than AAShaair and prefer Greenlaw over AAS in nickel.

Agreed. His game speed really stood out . He was flying all over the place.
I hope Dre settles down... he was a little too aggressive in this past game.

I can't wait for this game.
You can tell this dude's body is fresh because he's been trying to take heads off on every hit.
This guy is a monster
This guy is a monster

Agree!

Playing like that can rattle offensive players.

He's been playing really well the last 3 games. He's solid man. Just a good football player. Not fancy but he's just a good, solid 🏈 player.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
He's been playing really well the last 3 games. He's solid man. Just a good football player. Not fancy but he's just a good, solid 🏈 player.

Another 5th round gem.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
I wonder what he was saying to the lambs lol

Nice! Thanks VA, he's definitely telling them what time it is
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Got hurt again and I don't think he returned. I know he's your guy fro, but I'd be nervous about giving him $10M/yr if he can't give you 13+ games/yr for the life of the contract.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by FL9er:
Got hurt again and I don't think he returned. I know he's your guy fro, but I'd be nervous about giving him $10M/yr if he can't give you 13+ games/yr for the life of the contract.

Groin injuries are notoriously tough to come back from. When he is out there he gives us a spark that is undeniable. But, I agree, he has to stay healthier. I think he will work on it in the offseason.
Share 49ersWebzone