There are 272 users in the forums

Mitch Wishnowsky - Punter (Utah) is a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Nastastical:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Punters are people too!

He's not a punter, he's a Kicking Weapon.

Yup, the jury is still out on Wish. He punts even close to that in games and there will be a lot of folks mighty happy with that 4th rd pick for kick.

Hard to complain about a guy who could be top 3 at his position from day 1.

Yeah but he is 27 years old.

Oh wait, so was Roger Staubach coming back from serving his country.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Punters are people too!

Whoa, he's that good?

Still shouldn't have drafted him in the first round.

Originally posted by Nastastical:
Hard to complain about a guy who could be top 3 at his position from day 1.

Niner Talk finds a way.
Originally posted by JMC52:
Originally posted by JMC52:
I may get this f**kers Jersey

My bad, this c**ts Jersey

It's a term of endearment over here. Probably how Mitch addresses Kyle.
I liked the pick from the start. Get a guy that can actually affect the game via field position vs a guy that has a 90% chance of amounting to jack @#$@ in the nfl. All these dimitted pundits were like "but we needed a this and a that, why take a punter". If the guy can be one of the top punters in the league, the chances are immensely greater that he'll help your team more than the project you take in the 4th round.
Originally posted by Who-is-Hayne:
Now people are witnessing his potential.
All he has to do now is be consistent in real games, 'cos that is when it counts and that is what he'll be judged on.

Looking forward to seeing it happen .

Chris Biderman has a tweet that says: "Noted analytics expert @GuyHaberman clocked his hang time at 4.8 seconds."

One day is not much data to go on, but for comparison, Pinion's average hang time last year was 4.48 seconds (https://ninernoise.com/2018/12/19/49ers-predicting-special-teams-2019-nfl-free-agency/2/). So, pish, only 0.3 seconds longer.
Originally posted by 49erphan:
Chris Biderman has a tweet that says: "Noted analytics expert @GuyHaberman clocked his hang time at 4.8 seconds."

One day is not much data to go on, but for comparison, Pinion's average hang time last year was 4.48 seconds (https://ninernoise.com/2018/12/19/49ers-predicting-special-teams-2019-nfl-free-agency/2/). So, pish, only 0.3 seconds longer.

For comparison, an average hangtime of 4.55 usually puts you top 3 in the NFL. For a single punt, the longest each season tends to be around 5.5.
So basically what everyone is saying is that Wish likes to let it hang.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
For comparison, an average hangtime of 4.55 usually puts you top 3 in the NFL. For a single punt, the longest each season tends to be around 5.5.

In Denver

• cciowa
  • Veteran
he better be doing good. he better be all pro this year to justify where he was drafted
Originally posted by cciowa:
he better be doing good. he better be all pro this year to justify where he was drafted

Lol

Who was the last 49ers 4th rnd to be named all pro as rookie?
[ Edited by Who-is-Hayne on May 29, 2019 at 8:46 PM ]
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Yeah but he is 27 years old.

Oh wait, so was Roger Staubach coming back from serving his country.

It's all good punters can play till they're 45. We can get a good 18 years out of him lol
Originally posted by Who-is-Hayne:

Who was the last 49ers 4th rnd to be named all pro as rookie?

Our 4th rounders since the year 2000 have combined for a grand total of career 3 Pro Bowl appearances (at least 1 of those not with the Niners). I don't believe any of those were All-Pro. I looked them all up some time back; I don't care to do that again. Note that that is career PB appearances, not just rookie years.
Share 49ersWebzone