LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

Mitch Wishnowsky - Punter (Utah) is a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Who-is-Hayne:
Originally posted by highway49:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Chris Biderman said Wish was hitting the pylon during practices...give me that all day

If he was actually aiming for the pylon that he was hitting then that certainly bodes well for his accuracy. I wonder what distance these punts were at ? Could be a great weapon for us.

... and hangtime.

5 minutes.

Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by thl408:
The pylon is a part of the end zone. Touchback.

I think he was more impressed with the accuracy of dude punting on a dime, like if he had managed to hit Grant Cohn in the face three times in a row.

4th round pick, should be hitting him in the nuts

More concerned if Mayo feels anything prior to impact.
Chris Biderman said Wish was hitting the pylon during practices...give me that all day

If he was actually aiming for the pylon that he was hitting then that certainly bodes well for his accuracy. I wonder what distance these punts were at ? Could be a great weapon for us.

Accuracy, yes. Smart, no. Sometime refresh homeboy about the rules of the NFL!
Originally posted by Joecool:

It's a target used during practice. What makes you think I don't know the rules?

It's a target used during practice. What makes you think I don't know the rules?

Not you. Wish. He needs to be practicing dropping the ball just before the pylon. You know...Muscle memory and all.

Not you. Wish. He needs to be practicing dropping the ball just before the pylon. You know...Muscle memory and all.

Nobody on this board should be telling ANY NFL player or coach what they should or shouldnt be practicing
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

... and hangtime.

5 minutes.

And 45 seconds
Originally posted by Stanley:

Nobody on this board should be telling ANY NFL player or coach what they should or shouldnt be practicing

Found an interesting article on the demise of coffin corner punts from 2007.
It seems a former aussie has helped turn the demise around due to the aussie rules technique of dropping the ball to the foot.
http://www.espn.com.au/nfl/columns/story?columnist=sando_mike&id=3111471

Hopefully Mitch brings this along with him.
Originally posted by Stanley:

Well if he hits the pylon on every kick, he will be the worst kicker in the NFL, so yeah.

I'd say this pylon they're speaking of is one they placed inbounds and not the corner pylon.
[ Edited by Zealot on May 25, 2019 at 12:01 AM ]

That is one ghetto hoopty.

He's still very aussie in lingo

Full interview that snippet was taken from, I posted here a while back.

Post #1086, pg73 I think.
[ Edited by Who-is-Hayne on May 27, 2019 at 5:57 PM ]

He's still very aussie in lingo

Full interview that snippet was taken from, I posted here a while back.

Post #1086, pg73 I think.

Yeah, I've driven some pieces of shyt like that.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Too bad Ford never made a come back with the Pinto
Share 49ersWebzone