LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

Mitch Wishnowsky - Punter (Utah) is a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Don't love using a 4th round pick on him but if the dude can consistently pin the ball around the 5 and a legitimate threat on fake punts I'm not going to complain much and I doubt anyone else will.
Watch "Mitch Wishnowsky Picked By 49ers In Round 4 With 110th Pick In 2019 NFL Draft - Grade & Analysis" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/qzuU7SKVYLY
I get that hes the best punter and actually really good, but a 4th? Wow lol
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by mayo49:
He's 27 already.

is he for real?

Kickers and punters have the longest lifespan of any positions. Most come out around 22-24 anyway, so 27 isn't some huge difference if he plays until he's 40+.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
I get that hes the best punter and actually really good, but a 4th? Wow lol

Jeremiah said on his board he was the second best.
Originally posted by judodono:
What a Seahawk / Rams / Cardinals fan probably looked like between two 9er fans after this pick...

Why would they be happy? Both Seattle and LA have dominant punters and understand how a weapon like that can change a close game.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
I just hope they hit on the picks they have left. Other than Bosa and Debo I am not impressed so far.
Are you effing kidding me
Originally posted by mayo49:
He's 27 already.
Fortunately kickers play into their 40s...
Drafting a punter in the 4th is the biggest joke ever. Lynch has no idea what he is doing.
Complete waste of a pick.

People justifying a punter in the 4th is hilarious
Ok he does not look normal....that very much looks like some sort of rugby like kicking.

Whats this dudes background?
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Rich Eisen and the Network crew got a real goooooood laugh out of this one.
I guess this means we'll be punting a ton
Originally posted by Nastastical:
Kickers and punters have the longest lifespan of any positions. Most come out around 22-24 anyway, so 27 isn't some huge difference if he plays until he's 40+.

This can matter for potential though although I guess it doesnt all that much since he's a dang punter. Being 27, he's basically in his prime and at his ceiling.
Share 49ersWebzone