There are 193 users in the forums

Mitch Wishnowsky - Punter (Utah) is a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
People hate drafting kickers, but think of how much the affect the game. Vast majority of guys taking in the 4th round or later never amount to anything, but this guy can be our starting punter for years to come, and maybe one of the best in the league.
Originally posted by IrishCrnjo:
Funny, I just posted about this guy right before we took him, saying we should take him in the 6th with one of the picks we got in the trade down.

First, he's an Aussie, who are now being recruited for their unique kicking skills that most American kickers don't have (due to playing soccer rugby etc)

He runs a 4.6, so we could potentially use him for fake punts.

He averaged 45.7 yards per punt, which is #5 in NCAA history since 2000.

He was also a fair catch and touchback machine... its great we have drafted someone that can immediately contend as the best punter in the league.... but still the 4th f*cking round. Decent LBs and DBs still on the board... maybe they really think the talent drops off at this point so they grab the best at another position but JFC.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
He has a unique punting style. Sort of a side running kick motion. And he has no fear to pull it down and run for a first down.

Nice. Allows for some punt attempts becoming fakes for 1sts.
Lol.

Aussie style punter. Top punter in the country last season. I thought he would have been a solid pick late 5th/early 6th.

4th round? Does the special teams coach have compromising photos of Lynch?
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Originally posted by IrishCrnjo:
Funny, I just posted about this guy right before we took him, saying we should take him in the 6th with one of the picks we got in the trade down.

First, he's an Aussie, who are now being recruited for their unique kicking skills that most American kickers don't have (due to playing soccer rugby etc)

He runs a 4.6, so we could potentially use him for fake punts.

He averaged 45.7 yards per punt, which is #5 in NCAA history since 2000.

He was also a fair catch and touchback machine... its great we have drafted someone that can immediately contend as the best punter in the league.... but still the 4th f*cking round. Decent LBs and DBs still on the board... maybe they really think the talent drops off at this point so they grab the best at another position but JFC.

I need to watch the highlights on him.

We are way too thin at LB to be drafting a punter in the 4th.

Maybe Deebo will play LB and Hurd will play SS (ODW) Offense/Defense weapons.
[ Edited by Joecool on Apr 27, 2019 at 9:47 AM ]
smh Fourth round
Originally posted by bud49:
This would be like me having 10 Christmas gifts on Christmas morning and my mom and dad taking 8 of them away.

Nah, this was the socks. I mean, you do kinda need socks, but who wants to open the socks gift.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Punter in the 4th round. This team is run by morans
Originally posted by jimrat:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by jimrat:
f**king retards

Yea im glad im no longer share this opinion about this current regime. But i think mitch will be a very good player for the 49ers.

I don't know man, I want guys that play more then 3-5 snaps a game lol

I don't like the pick but a punter can definitely be a difference maker in those 3.5 plays.....Ithe issue for me is value
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Lol.

Aussie style punter. Top punter in the country last season. I thought he would have been a solid pick late 5th/early 6th.

4th round? Does the special teams coach have compromising photos of Lynch?

Aussie Aussie style punter

Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
He was also a fair catch and touchback machine...

So he'd handle kickoffs too? Excellent.

Does he hold for FGs? Pinion did that for us the last few years.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I need to watch the highlights on him.

We are way too thin at LB to be drafting a punter in the 4th.

Maybe Deebo will play LB and Hurd will play SS (ODW) Offense/Defense weapons.

Im going off this report... Ill be honest I have not watched film on punters

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/mitch-wishnowsky?id=32195749-5327-6688-e0c0-4e73a6e093f2
[ Edited by TheRickestRick on Apr 27, 2019 at 9:49 AM ]
Can he throw the ball?
Taking care of business. Pinning the offense back at the beginning of a series is almost as good as a sack.

Let's see what we get with the extra picks.
  • Jiks
When's the last time Pinion pinned anybody inside the 5? This dude was automatic at it.
Share 49ersWebzone