LISTEN: Reacting to John Lynch & Kyle Shanahan Presser + Injury Concerns Ahead of Camp →

There are 159 users in the forums

Mitch Wishnowsky - Punter (Utah) is a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:


I like Mitch a lot, but Lee is definitely #1 and it's not even close as of now.

Your takes man....

Listen to Pat Mac discuss those two

Link? Would love to hear Pat McAfee discuss Mitch and Andy head to head.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Link? Would love to hear Pat McAfee discuss Mitch and Andy head to head.

it may be hard to find in the 10 trillion hours of Pat Mac ranting endlessly, however, to summarize he was talking the technical aspects of punting and to paraphrase he effectively said Lee was just straight banging the ball or trying to kick that thing as hard as he can, or a one punt guy, while Wish has every club in the big and an array of different ways to approach or strike the ball, generate spin and so forth to lay it up or cause problems for return men
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Link? Would love to hear Pat McAfee discuss Mitch and Andy head to head.

it may be hard to find in the 10 trillion hours of Pat Mac ranting endlessly, however, to summarize he was talking the technical aspects of punting and to paraphrase he effectively said Lee was just straight banging the ball or trying to kick that thing as hard as he can, or a one punt guy, while Wish has every club in the big and an array of different ways to approach or strike the ball, generate spin and so forth to lay it up or cause problems for return men

Well s**t I guess punters should just focus on being able to punt every style rather than just bombing a punt if that's what makes you good. Stupid Matt Araiza shoulda learned how to kick a knuckler rather than being able to flip field positions from his own 10. Puny punt god
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
it may be hard to find in the 10 trillion hours of Pat Mac ranting endlessly, however, to summarize he was talking the technical aspects of punting and to paraphrase he effectively said Lee was just straight banging the ball or trying to kick that thing as hard as he can, or a one punt guy, while Wish has every club in the big and an array of different ways to approach or strike the ball, generate spin and so forth to lay it up or cause problems for return men

I just watched Pat talk about "the greatest Punt of all time" on YouTube, not really sure how to share the link.
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
it may be hard to find in the 10 trillion hours of Pat Mac ranting endlessly, however, to summarize he was talking the technical aspects of punting and to paraphrase he effectively said Lee was just straight banging the ball or trying to kick that thing as hard as he can, or a one punt guy, while Wish has every club in the big and an array of different ways to approach or strike the ball, generate spin and so forth to lay it up or cause problems for return men

I just watched Pat talk about "the greatest Punt of all time" on YouTube, not really sure how to share the link.

here is that one
strong language here cuz it's Pat Mac lol

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Well s**t I guess punters should just focus on being able to punt every style rather than just bombing a punt if that's what makes you good. Stupid Matt Araiza shoulda learned how to kick a knuckler rather than being able to flip field positions from his own 10. Puny punt god

thanks to Shanny we ain't often punting from the own 10, a lot of Mitch's boots are not trying to punt into the endzone, he's having to lay it up or pin them inside the 20. that's where you need dif clubs other than the driver. give me Mitch he's hitting banana balls, he's legit created turnovers with those dif styles from return men trying to handle the knuckleball
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
here is that one
strong language here cuz it's Pat Mac lol


lol I talk similar to how Pat talks so I sometimes forget how vulgar he can be. What an awesome video. Hell of a punt. He is right though, wish has become a lot better as times went on. Excellent growth.

im very hopeful that moody will be much more comfortable going into his second year, especially having played on the biggest stages already.
  • irief
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 485
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Well s**t I guess punters should just focus on being able to punt every style rather than just bombing a punt if that's what makes you good. Stupid Matt Araiza shoulda learned how to kick a knuckler rather than being able to flip field positions from his own 10. Puny punt god

Agree. Not sure why some here focus on trick shots and gimmicks, instead of field position.
Originally posted by RDB4216:
I saw an article this morning about how the Chiefs might take Harrison Butker off kickoffs, and use Justin Reid instead - stating with the new kickoff rules the kicker could become more involved in tackling than before. Makes me wonder if we might go back to using Wish instead of Moody.

This is a good point. There is nothing funnier than seeing kickers and punters avoid tackling. Not sure Moody can tackle whereas we know Mitch is eager to hunt them down even if he gets a penalty.
Irony is that the contact aspect is the very reason Mitch took to the Gridiron in the first place after having shoulder injuries in Aussie Rules.

The other aspect of this new rule will be who they pick as returners?
  • irief
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 485
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
This is a good point. There is nothing funnier than seeing kickers and punters avoid tackling. Not sure Moody can tackle whereas we know Mitch is eager to hunt them down even if he gets a penalty.
Irony is that the contact aspect is the very reason Mitch took to the Gridiron in the first place after having shoulder injuries in Aussie Rules.

The other aspect of this new rule will be who they pick as returners?

You're describing him like he's P52. Expecting Mitch to be a consistent NFL level tackler is rediculous. I know it's hard but let's keep our Aussie bias in check.

Originally posted by irief:
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
This is a good point. There is nothing funnier than seeing kickers and punters avoid tackling. Not sure Moody can tackle whereas we know Mitch is eager to hunt them down even if he gets a penalty.
Irony is that the contact aspect is the very reason Mitch took to the Gridiron in the first place after having shoulder injuries in Aussie Rules.

The other aspect of this new rule will be who they pick as returners?

You're describing him like he's P52. Expecting Mitch to be a consistent NFL level tackler is rediculous. I know it's hard but let's keep our Aussie bias in check.

LOL. Reading skills are honored here but obviously not compulsory. Go away.
[ Edited by KeepRabbitsOut on Jun 2, 2024 at 5:55 PM ]
  • Cosmo
  • Member
  • Posts: 1,270
Originally posted by irief:
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
This is a good point. There is nothing funnier than seeing kickers and punters avoid tackling. Not sure Moody can tackle whereas we know Mitch is eager to hunt them down even if he gets a penalty.
Irony is that the contact aspect is the very reason Mitch took to the Gridiron in the first place after having shoulder injuries in Aussie Rules.

The other aspect of this new rule will be who they pick as returners?

You're describing him like he's P52. Expecting Mitch to be a consistent NFL level tackler is rediculous. I know it's hard but let's keep our Aussie bias in check.

In addition to being a tactician punting the ball, yes Mitch will tackle. He can also run it on fakes. Dude is an actual football player, rather than a guy who kicks the ball and relies on rules and teammates to protect him. I'm happy he's a 49er.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
thanks to Shanny we ain't often punting from the own 10, a lot of Mitch's boots are not trying to punt into the endzone, he's having to lay it up or pin them inside the 20. that's where you need dif clubs other than the driver. give me Mitch he's hitting banana balls, he's legit created turnovers with those dif styles from return men trying to handle the knuckleball

This may be why Lee never touched much on perfecting short "coffin" kicks. Most of his were from his side of the field, so it was always 5.5sec 55yd artillery shots.
  • irief
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 485
Originally posted by Cosmo:
In addition to being a tactician punting the ball, yes Mitch will tackle. He can also run it on fakes. Dude is an actual football player, rather than a guy who kicks the ball and relies on rules and teammates to protect him. I'm happy he's a 49er.

Great! So now he's Barry Sanders. We would've won the superbowl if he started over C-Mac.
how miserable does your life have to be that you invent personas specifically to talk s**t about the punter on a team you claim to be a fan of?
Share 49ersWebzone