LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 378 users in the forums

Mitch Wishnowsky - Punter (Utah) is a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by captveg:
All complaints/jokes aside, what's this guy's play like? Anyone have an actual scouting report?

He has a unique punting style. Sort of a side running kick motion. And he has no fear to pull it down and run for a first down.
They could have selected him with one of the 6th round picks. A waisted pick in my opinion.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Not a huge fan of drafting a P that early

Still faithful about this regime?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
He's 27 already.

He can play into his 40s.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
SMH on this move I'm like WTF just happened? Reach Reach Reach
Funny, I just posted about this guy right before we took him, saying we should take him in the 6th with one of the picks we got in the trade down.

First, he's an Aussie, who are now being recruited for their unique kicking skills that most American kickers don't have (due to playing soccer rugby etc)

He runs a 4.6, so we could potentially use him for fake punts.

He averaged 45.7 yards per punt, which is #5 in NCAA history since 2000.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Not a huge fan of drafting a P that early

Thought we'd have to take him in the 3rd.
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Runs a 4.6 40... offers a ton of versatility. Can run the ball and return kicks as well... he hasnt yet in his football career but its about potential in the 4th.

Now that would be fascinating - having your P be the KR. I don't think an NFL team would ever risk a ST skills player like that, though, just because of roster reasons.
Yeah, kinda hard to justify this one, I just hope he's really good at punting...
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by jimrat:
f**king retards

Yea im glad im no longer share this opinion about this current regime. But i think mitch will be a very good player for the 49ers.

I don't know man, I want guys that play more then 3-5 snaps a game lol

• JMC52
  • Veteran
27 will play at least a decade im not mad, obviously wish we coulda got him lower but this dude would surely gotten snagged in 5-7 rnd
  • bud49
  • Veteran
This would be like me having 10 Christmas gifts on Christmas morning and my mom and dad taking 8 of them away.
  • Jiks
As a Utes season ticket holder I can attest to this dudes awesomeness. It's crazy the boom you hear when he kicks the football. It echoes throughput the stadium. Something I've never heard before.
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Originally posted by captveg:
All complaints/jokes aside, what's this guy's play like? Anyone have an actual scouting report?

He's actually an incredibly good punter and the best there has been in the past 3 years... but still 4th round.

If he's a really good Punter I can live with the place he was picked. Day 3 picks are often the biggest crap shoots of them all, especially at our positions of need, OL and DB. A 4th round OL and a 6th round OL isn't gonna be all that different.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by mayo49:
He's 27 already.

He can play into his 40s.

This. But any punter in the 4th better be HOF worthy. NFL network said he was the second best punter.
Share 49ersWebzone