Mitch Wishnowsky - Punter (Utah) is a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
His kick offs are getting better as well
Originally posted by Poldarn49:
Typical 49ers.

Spend a draft pick on a punter.

Then refusing to punt more than 2 times per game.

hahaha....

In the process they keep getting further and further away from the first pick in the draft!

Do they not even want the first pick!

Amateurs......

(another solid solid day by Wish. What a great draft pick)

I think is safe to say the 49ers are absolutely top 3 in STs skill position skill players. If they can get a truly dangerous return man they would have the best Special teams in all of the NFL.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by Poldarn49:
Typical 49ers.

Spend a draft pick on a punter.

Then refusing to punt more than 2 times per game.

hahaha....

In the process they keep getting further and further away from the first pick in the draft!

Do they not even want the first pick!

Amateurs......

(another solid solid day by Wish. What a great draft pick)

I think is safe to say the 49ers are absolutely top 3 in STs skill position skill players. If they can get a truly dangerous return man they would have the best Special teams in all of the NFL.

Agree

I'm hoping James gets a chance to break a few.
from nfl game stats.

PUNTING
Player Mitch Wishnowsky
PUNTS - 3
AVG - 50
I20 - 1
LONG - 52

Could be better, but that is damned consistent.
https://www.footballdb.com/players/mitch-wishnowsky-wishnmi01

• Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by John_Candy:

Zip return yards. Just think he is going to get even better as he gains more experience.
It's good to have a solid punter. People laugh at them for being unglamorous and only coming in when the team has failed in advancing the ball enough, but a good punt is probably more valuable than a highlight catch and certainly more so than a highlight tackle. Wasn't it great when we had rock solid Andy Lee back there? It's good to feel confident when the punter comes in.

Now, if only we can extend this to punt returners. Nothing wrong with poor James at present, but I have been too traumatised by Kyle Williams ( ) to feel anything other than dread when a punt is coming our way.
Originally posted by Goatie:
Originally posted by John_Candy:

Zip return yards. Just think he is going to get even better as he gains more experience.

I couldn't find his hang time stat, but when a guy like Mostert has extra time to get downfield, look out.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by paulk205:
It's good to have a solid punter. People laugh at them for being unglamorous and only coming in when the team has failed in advancing the ball enough, but a good punt is probably more valuable than a highlight catch and certainly more so than a highlight tackle. Wasn't it great when we had rock solid Andy Lee back there? It's good to feel confident when the punter comes in.

Now, if only we can extend this to punt returners. Nothing wrong with poor James at present, but I have been too traumatised by Kyle Williams ( ) to feel anything other than dread when a punt is coming our way.

Yes agree.

James has safe hands but he has no penetration.

It was a pity Hayne turned out to be dud who could not catch or demonstrate commitment because on his day he could run right through them on the returns he caught. We need someone who can run like Hayne but without all the other crap that came with him.
Originally posted by Goatie:
Yes agree.

James has safe hands but he has no penetration.

It was a pity Hayne turned out to be dud who could not catch or demonstrate commitment because on his day he could run right through them on the returns he caught. We need someone who can run like Hayne but without all the other crap that came with him.

I liked the Aussie crowd flooding the zone

The problem with Hayne is that he was not committed to an NFL career. It mostly looked like a gimmick to enhance his brand. I'm sure that if things worked fine he would have been a proper professional, but having a Plan B all the time in his mind meant that when things hit a snag (which they must do for all of us) he just couldn't be too bothered. Even a drop of 1% in intensity makes a huge difference in this league - the margins of error are that small. That's the main reason (along with luck) that so many high draft picks flame out: the talent is there, but not everyone can keep the focus and intensity on 100% all the time.

Anyway, I'll be happy enough with zero return yards and zero turnovers for our punt returners. As I said, I'm too traumatised. If the moron Kyle Williams had ran away from those two punts (I'm not even talking fair catch here, just bugger off towards the opposite direction!) we'd have been in the SB that year, and I sure like our chances there with that monster of a D.

So seven punts and 3 inside the 20. That is a good percentage. Two of them inside the five I believe.

Watching the around the NFL, how many fans have winced when their kickers missed game winning field goals. Kickers are important are important only when they screw up, and can cost you dearly, people don't realize that.
Went up like 5 points overall on madden, just saying lol
This c**t can kick.
Valuable guy
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Zealot:
This c**t can kick.

Ken Oath
Share 49ersWebzone