There are 161 users in the forums

Wide Receivers: who gets cut

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I didn't see much of James in today's game. What did I missed....

He had the best catch of the game on a third down. He consistently comes thru in limited snaps. Just a baller. And he has sure hands on punt returns unlike Pettis
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,241
Originally posted by titan:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Good should be traded
Pettis can be used in package and should be traded asap
Bourne, may just now warming up Trent's seat once he gets back..

No way I trade Goodwin to roll the dice on Pettis!

you may have misunderstood me.

trade Goodwin.. Trade Pettis.
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by titan:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Good should be traded
Pettis can be used in package and should be traded asap
Bourne, may just now warming up Trent's seat once he gets back..

No way I trade Goodwin to roll the dice on Pettis!

you may have misunderstood me.

trade Goodwin.. Trade Pettis.


No we cant trade Pettis now.

Statistically he is our best passer. He has a 100% completion rating and a passer rating of 118.8.

Trade Garoppolo instead. His statistics are worse. He is a scrub

usually if a receiver gets cut, the medical staff will tend to him.
Originally posted by sacniner:
So far only three WRs have been worth a damn, in priority order:

1. Deebo
2. Richie
3. Goodwin


Richie and Deebo should be starting

Pettis is so deep in the cathouse idk if he can recover. Talented guy, but grew up rich and is too soft at this level maybe.

You guys love Trent so we'll see how he fits in, but Richie has earned heavy PT and Trent should not take away from his snap count. Bourne is Bourne. Decent fifth or sixth WR.

Looking forward to seeing what Hurd can do

This is spot on.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,241
Originally posted by Goatie:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by titan:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Good should be traded
Pettis can be used in package and should be traded asap
Bourne, may just now warming up Trent's seat once he gets back..

No way I trade Goodwin to roll the dice on Pettis!

you may have misunderstood me.

trade Goodwin.. Trade Pettis.


No we cant trade Pettis now.

Statistically he is our best passer. He has a 100% completion rating and a passer rating of 118.8.

Trade Garoppolo instead. His statistics are worse. He is a scrub


Where Goatie at??
Cut goodwin. Pettis has more potential and bourne at least makes some catches.

You need to make him and example. He's got his money and does nothing for the team. He's just an older less potential pettis at this point.
All of them? A little drastic, I know, but that's how I feel after that loss.
Pettis, Bourne, Goodwin can all go kick rocks. Bring back Jordan Matthews. Let James get some run. I'd seriously consider Dez Bryant. Dude may not get separation but at least he will go up and fight for the ball. If nothing else he would be a good red zone threat for fades to the corner of the end zone.
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
Pettis, Bourne, Goodwin can all go kick rocks. Bring back Jordan Matthews. Let James get some run. I'd seriously consider Dez Bryant. Dude may not get separation but at least he will go up and fight for the ball. If nothing else he would be a good red zone threat for fades to the corner of the end zone.

Matthews is on the Eagles

Kyle can't select good WRs and it might be our downfall this year.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,241
Can you imagine what TO - OCHO and DEZ would have done on those simple drop passes by our WRs???
I don't have faith in any of them besides obviously Emmanuel Sanders who is getting up there in age. But if we're talking about the young draft picks, all of them will probably not be good. Pettis, zero faith in this guy. He can't make tough catches. Not really sure on his separation either. Where is all of that stuff that people were hyping about last year? So far, I see nothing.

Deebo was okay.

Bourne. Awful.

jury is out on Jalen Hurd. Trent Taylor looked good in shorts. But not sure if he can take punishment in the NFL.

maybe take a page from Martin Mayhew. Keep drafting 1st round receivers. Eventually, maybe you'll get a Calvin Johnson type of player.
Originally posted by 9moon:
Can you imagine what TO - OCHO and DEZ would have done on those simple drop passes by our WRs???
I'd literally take any of those three at this point over Pettis, Bourne or Goodwin. At least Dez, TO and Ocho had reliable hands for the most part
How much patience do they have for Pettis and Bourne?
Share 49erswebzone