LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Wide Receivers: who gets cut

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Heroism:
One thing Kendrick Bourne has going for him is that he's never hurt. He also always brings the energy lol.

Excellent call Heroism!

DL and WR cuts are going to suck.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:

They will flip a couple for depth at other spots. Happens every offseason.
I think they keep 7
Before camp, I thought James was a goner. After seeing him break Maybin's ankles on the deep out route and his special team's value, I think he makes it for sure now.
Originally posted by 60sFan:
Before camp, I thought James was a goner. After seeing him break Maybin's ankles on the deep out route and his special team's value, I think he makes it for sure now.

Maybe. He's going to have to 100% prove himself as a slot WR. As a returner, he's got some fierce competition against Pettis, Reed, Taylor and Deebo.
Originally posted by genus49:

I agree. We have a lot of guys at those positions that are fairly equal in ability. it's going to come down to who steps up and shows enough to catch the coaches eye. Some guys that get cut may end up having better careers with another team but that's the chance you take when you have a lot of B level players and few if any A level guys.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Maybe. He's going to have to 100% prove himself as a slot WR. As a returner, he's got some fierce competition against Pettis, Reed, Taylor and Deebo.

Agree about proving himself in the slot. Although he is quick and has shown some separation skills of late. Not sure Pettis or Deebo return much if at all.
The real question will be, who plays on game days assuming all are healthy. Kyle usually only activates 5 WR's on game day. With the extra running backs available to us now, who of all the offensive skill positions plays on game days?
The real question will be, who plays on game days assuming all are healthy. Kyle usually only activates 5 WR's on game day. With the extra running backs available to us now, who of all the offensive skill positions plays on game days?

My thinking is;
Jimmy & Mullen at QB,
Tevin, Breida & Mckinnon at RB
KJ at FB
Kittle & Dwelly at TE
Pettis, Deebo, Goodwin, Taylor, Hurd and I am going to say James. Hurd's potential versatility allows us to carry 6 on gameday and one less TE.

• Geeked
  • Veteran
My thinking is;
Jimmy & Mullen at QB,
KJ at FB
Kittle & Dwelly at TE
Pettis, Deebo, Goodwin, Taylor, Hurd and I am going to say James. Hurd's potential versatility allows us to carry 6 on gameday and one less TE.

He does make those "big" packages look interesting. When all of those guys can catch and you have 10 yards left to go.... and all those guys can block too...
Originally posted by Geeked:
My thinking is;
Jimmy & Mullen at QB,
KJ at FB
Kittle & Dwelly at TE

He does make those "big" packages look interesting. When all of those guys can catch and you have 10 yards left to go.... and all those guys can block too...

Plus, when we start out with an empty backfield and then shift Hurd to RB, that should cause some confusion.
[ Edited by 60sFan on Jul 31, 2019 at 3:02 PM ]
I think One of the WR is going to get hurt and we will not have to worry about it.
  • DaBum
  • Veteran

My thinking is;
Jimmy & Mullen at QB,
KJ at FB
Kittle & Dwelly at TE

You forgot Mostert who counts as a RB. The 6th WR isn't possible with them.
Originally posted by DaBum:

My thinking is;
Jimmy & Mullen at QB,
KJ at FB
Kittle & Dwelly at TE

You forgot Mostert who counts as a RB. The 6th WR isn't possible with them.

You're right. Mostert makes it too. I also think they go with one less on the DL on gameday. Other than Ford....... Buckner, Armstead, Day, Thomas, Blair, Bosa and either Steet or Taylor can play multiple positions. I think they only carry 8 instead of 9 on the DL.
[ Edited by 60sFan on Jul 31, 2019 at 7:18 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone