LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Wide Receivers: who gets cut

Shop Find 49ers gear online
One thing Kendrick Bourne has going for him is that he's never hurt. He also always brings the energy lol.

Originally posted by Heroism:
One thing Kendrick Bourne has going for him is that he's never hurt. He also always brings the energy lol.

Excellent call Heroism!
IMO, Mathews will not get cut.

Ks/JL both know that we have to win and win often this season.

Playoffs are a must!

Mathews will produce in the Red Zone where we've been infamously weak.
Remember when cutting Trent Taylor was a thing on here.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
haven't posted in a while. My predictions.

Makes the team:
Deebo Samuel
Marquise Goodwin
Dante Pettis
Trent Taylor
Jordan Matthews
Richie James (special teams)

Stashed on PUP list just like Joe Williams for an "injury" :
Jalen Hurd

Cut:
Kendrick Bourne
Max McCaffery
Shawn Poindexter (practice squad)
Malik Henry (practice squad)

looks like my prediction is gonna be wrong. Probably Bourne makes it over Matthews at this point. Not looking good for him
haven't posted in a while. My predictions.

Makes the team:
Deebo Samuel
Marquise Goodwin
Dante Pettis
Trent Taylor
Jordan Matthews
Richie James (special teams)

Stashed on PUP list just like Joe Williams for an "injury" :
Jalen Hurd

Cut:
Kendrick Bourne
Max McCaffery
Shawn Poindexter (practice squad)
Malik Henry (practice squad)

looks like my prediction is gonna be wrong. Probably Bourne makes it over Matthews at this point. Not looking good for him

will be highly upsetting if a 3rd round pick gets stashed on the PUP with a fake ass injury. Dude should see the field

It's only two practices into training camp. Still a long way to go before the first game so anything can happen, injuries, poor play. Of the players that matter, sorry Max McCaffery, the three that are probably fighting for spots are Matthews, Bourne, and James. I like Reed as a kick returner, he gets upfield in a hurry, and Taylor might be a more reliable, though potentially less dynamic punt returner, so James special teams play, while it certainly doesn't hurt, may not be as big an edge as some may think. I like Bourne but if Matthews outplays him during camp and pre-season, so be it. It seems like the coaches and players are ready to win this year so they will keep whomever they think will help them the most in achieving that goal. Nice to have some real competition for a change.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Yeah injuries are never allowed to effect somebodies play. It's pretty clear he wasn't close to 100% last year.
My predictions redux:
Goodwin
Pettis
Taylor
Samuel
James
Hurd

New edit: possibly Bourne with Hurd stashed away on PUP.
[ Edited by RTFirefly on Jul 30, 2019 at 2:15 PM ]

Originally posted by philosoraptor:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Yeah injuries are never allowed to effect somebodies play. It's pretty clear he wasn't close to 100% last year.

Injuries were and still are a concern for Taylor. I hope he's able to play all 16 at a high level, but he hasn't showed that he can yet. Will he be able to get through a full season at his size while taking big hits over the middle every week?
So they discussed wanting a bigger body and Matthews was a Miles Austin recommendation, eh?

Eventually we could see Bourne and Deebo manning the Z with Hurd sliding inside after learning from the veteran Matthews to give Kyle that bigger slot to pair with Taylor.
Originally posted by NCommand:
So they discussed wanting a bigger body and Matthews was a Miles Austin recommendation, eh?

Eventually we could see Bourne and Deebo manning the Z with Hurd sliding inside after learning from the veteran Matthews to give Kyle that bigger slot to pair with Taylor.

I just don't see how Bourne AND Matthews make the team. I think even one of those guys making it is a long shot, and if I had to choose between those two, I haven't seen anything that makes me want Matthews over Bourne.

Goodwin
Pettis
Deebo
Hurd
Taylor
James/Bourne

Those are the six I can see making it.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jul 30, 2019 at 2:45 PM ]

I just don't see how Bourne AND Matthews make the team. I think even one of those guys making it is a long shot, and if I had to choose between those two, I haven't seen anything that makes me want Matthews over Bourne.

Goodwin
Pettis
Deebo
Hurd
Taylor
James/Bourne

i don't see Bourne being cut yet, i'd say this would be his last season to impress otherwise next season for sure.
Originally posted by KittleMeThis:

Goodwin
Pettis
Deebo
Hurd
Taylor
James/Bourne

i don't see Bourne being cut yet, i'd say this would be his last season to impress otherwise next season for sure.

Bourne is a easy choice to defend making the roster, I understand. He led the team in wideout yardage and had 4 TDs last year. Hard to just ax a guy like that. Somehow, I think they'll find a way to keep 7. Insurance against injuries if nothing else.
Share 49ersWebzone