SalePre-order Dwight Clark tribute, "Letters to 87," for only $17.12

There are 120 users in the forums

Wide Receivers: who gets cut

Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by NCommand:
I don't think Smith clears waivers to the PS, I think they keep 3 TEs this year, and if he does clear waiver,s he won't last long on the PS IMO.

We say that every year and we rarely lose guys like this. The Ross Dwelley's of the world. That said, Levine is the perfect TE2 and we need that 3rd spot open for snaps for Hurd and countless others who will run out of the slot.

Speaking of Hurd, I don't see him inactive this season, too much of a weapon for Jimmy, the constant 4 actives will be Pettis, Deebo, Goodwin, and Hurd.

And Reed needs to be the KR, also don't count out Mostert as a KR, he has the speed.

I really don't either unless there's a specific game plan that may not need his services as much for one game.

Reed would be ideal esp. if he gets to that #2 in the NCAA status and becomes a real weapon for us. I don't care who it is...we just need a real weapon there for once. Good point about Mostert...forgot he did kickoff returns too on top of being the best gunner in the NFL.
[ Edited by NCommand on May 19, 2019 at 1:01 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
We say that every year and we rarely lose guys like this. The Ross Dwelley's of the world. That said, Levine is the perfect TE2 and we need that 3rd spot open for snaps for Hurd and countless others who will run out of the slot.

Dwelley was an undrafted player. Smith was a 5th rounder. Its not all that common for 5th rounders to get cut months after being drafted. Its quite likely that someone would see the potential value in adding him to their roster.

Yeah, it's just a number's game and I like him. Are they willing to "risk" the PS? Probably for a 5th esp. since they have security now in Levine.
The way I look at it, the new guys are upgrades/better versions of the all the other ones mentioned, even maybe over Pettis because he's not tough over the middle or in traffic...that is EXCEPT for Goodwin. No other WR on this team has what he has. He is the only true speed demon and the only one that can open up EVERYTHING underneath him when he is on the field. Like someone mentioned, maybe not using him as much to keep his smaller frame healthy. But when the right down and distance calls for it, no other WR can do what he does.
[ Edited by MasterBlaster on May 19, 2019 at 8:50 PM ]
Originally posted by MasterBlaster:
The way I look at it, the new guys are upgrades/better versions of the all the other ones mentioned, even maybe over Pettis because he's not tough over the middle or in traffic...that is EXCEPT for Goodwin. No other WR on this team has what he has. He is the only true speed demon and the only one that can open up EVERYTHING underneath him when he is on the field. Like someone mentioned, maybe not using him as much to keep his smaller frame healthy. But when the right down and distance calls for it, no other WR can do what he does.

Yeah, I'm very curious how Kyle is going to deploy Goodwin. I actually like him at the X because he can open up everything for everyone else and take the top off. I'd love Pettis inside at the slot and Deebo at the Z. That would be a killer if used predominantly in that set.
[ Edited by NCommand on May 19, 2019 at 8:53 PM ]
I don't think Smith clears waivers to the PS, I think they keep 3 TEs this year, and if he does clear waiver,s he won't last long on the PS IMO.

Speaking of Hurd, I don't see him inactive this season, too much of a weapon for Jimmy, the constant 4 actives will be Pettis, Deebo, Goodwin, and Hurd.

And Reed needs to be the KR, also don't count out Mostert as a KR, he has the speed.

Agree...no way they expose Kaden Smith. He would be gone in the blink of an eye. Dwelley. ? You guys are right.

And overall, yr on yr, we are getting the nucleus better and better. Could it be that we have a serious set of WRs/TEs/RB ball catchers all of a sudden?
Let's see...to Commands Pettis, Deebo, Goodwin and Hurd add in Au Jus, Jet, Kittle, Toilolo and Brieda... that is an impressive armamentarium. Too bad we can't use them all at once. That would be a sight. But seriously, anyone come up with a better talent of ballcatchers in the NFL? As a whole...no. I can't think of any. Individuals, sure. But as a group? No. Since JL/KS started wth none of the above, that is impressive.

Yeah, I'm very curious how Kyle is going to deploy Goodwin. I actually like him at the X because he can open up everything for everyone else and take the top off. I'd love Pettis inside at the slot and Deebo at the Z. That would be a killer if used predominantly in that set.

Goodwin is going to be pur "tale a shot/decoy" guy. Kyle has already said he wants him on the field less to keep him healthy. Pettis and Deebo will likely be the starters with a rotation of guys after that. Deebo at Z, Pettis at X.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Goodwin is going to be pur "tale a shot/decoy" guy. Kyle has already said he wants him on the field less to keep him healthy. Pettis and Deebo will likely be the starters with a rotation of guys after that. Deebo at Z, Pettis at X.

I agree with this as well...just noting my favorite lineup ideal. And I can't wait to see how Kyle uses Hurd. Big time.
[ Edited by NCommand on May 21, 2019 at 11:01 AM ]
On Game day, who are the receivers?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 60sFan:

the two rookies and mathews! ok cc . now you have went and done it

Originally posted by 60sFan:

Pettis, Samuel, Goodwin, Taylor and Hurd?
so much for those wanting this guy cut lol

Originally posted by Heroism:
so much for those wanting this guy cut lol

Wes Welker is going to continue to live through Trent Taylor.
people forget just how good Trent played with Jimmy his rookie season. Those that want James over him really boggle my mind.

I'm going to stick with: Pettis, Deebo, Taylor, Goodwin, Bourne, Hurd as our WR's barring injuries.
Originally posted by OsBoogie:
people forget just how good Trent played with Jimmy his rookie season. Those that want James over him really boggle my mind.

I'm going to stick with: Pettis, Deebo, Taylor, Goodwin, Bourne, Hurd as our WR's barring injuries.

I would replace Bourne with R James. Insurance for Taylors back becoming a problem, plus he has 'return' abilities. Hurd can probably fill the 'big slot' , instead of Matthews. But if his knee is not ready, he could go on 'IR-designated for return', I think he would qualify. Matthews then gets a chance to show what he can do.
Share 49erswebzone