Deebo
Hurd

This.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Oilcan:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Maybe Poindexter makes it on the PS. The one starter from last yr who's probably got the best chance of getting cut is Bourne

Bourne is gone. Probably Richie james as well. Deebo can return kicks which was probably one of the reasons we selected him over AJ Brown. That and his ability to take handoffs and sweeps.

Think I would rather have DJ Reed return kick offs.

Even more reason Richie James isn't making this team.
I can't differentiate between the times RJames and DJ Reed returned kicks. Was Reed much better than James?
Maybe Poindexter makes it on the PS. The one starter from last yr who's probably got the best chance of getting cut is Bourne

Bourne is gone. Probably Richie james as well. Deebo can return kicks which was probably one of the reasons we selected him over AJ Brown. That and his ability to take handoffs and sweeps.

Practice squad. He'll clear waivers and I think it'd be wise to keep him around in case of injury.
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by All22:
Matthews, Richie James, and Bourne all get cut. Remember, we're carrying 3 QB's this year so we'll have one less roster spot than normal.

Why are we carrying 3 QBs this year?

Because none of them have ever made it through a full season and Mullens wouldn't last 30 seconds on the practice squad.

In fact, what's the most consecutive games any of the three have started without getting injured? 6 or so???
[ Edited by All22 on Apr 28, 2019 at 10:15 PM ]
Matthews, Richie James, and Bourne all get cut. Remember, we're carrying 3 QB's this year so we'll have one less roster spot than normal.

Because none of them have ever made it through a full season and Mullens wouldn't last 30 seconds on the practice squad.

I don't expect Mullens to be on the PS. If both Jimmy G. and Mullens get hurt, we might as well start speculating on the 2020 draft anyway.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

In fact, what's the most consecutive games any of the three have started without getting injured? 6 or so???

Nah, I can't see it, plus Beathard is trash. Even if we can't trade him if there is no interest, we should cut him.

Nah, I can't see it, plus Beathard is trash. Even if we can't trade him if there is no interest, we should cut him.

Gonna have to agree. There's no way they can look at what Mullens did and think Beathard can do better. In fact, he has already proven he can't.

I don't think we need 3 QBs and if we only go with 2 it has to be Mullens. Is Beathard practice squad eligible? If so, I probably wouldn't even keep him around anyway.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame

He can't get rid of the ball fast enough for the nfl - period
Originally posted by Empire49:

Gonna have to agree. There's no way they can look at what Mullens did and think Beathard can do better. In fact, he has already proven he can't.

I don't think we need 3 QBs and if we only go with 2 it has to be Mullens. Is Beathard practice squad eligible? If so, I probably wouldn't even keep him around anyway.

I do not believe CJ LoseOften is PS eligible. He was on the 53 too many games in two seasons.
Originally posted by thl408:

I can't differentiate between the times RJames and DJ Reed returned kicks. Was Reed much better than James?

I believe Reed is better than James but he fumbled and got benched for it. James got a kick return touchdown against the Seahawks but I think Reed is more explosive and natural return guy.

Even if James is better I think it's close enough that James could be cut or put on the PS. I also just really believe in Trent Taylor still and hope he can bounce back.

Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Niners99:
We keep

Goodwin
Pettis
Matthews
Bourne
Deebo
Hurd

This.

Nah I think Trent Taylor makes it over Bourne.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:

I believe Reed is better than James but he fumbled and got benched for it. James got a kick return touchdown against the Seahawks but I think Reed is more explosive and natural return guy.

Even if James is better I think it's close enough that James could be cut or put on the PS. I also just really believe in Trent Taylor still and hope he can bounce back.

Taylor is going to be replaced by Deebo in the slot.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Niners99:
We keep

Goodwin
Pettis
Matthews
Bourne
Deebo
Hurd

This.

Nah I think Trent Taylor makes it over Bourne.

Was gonna say the same thing
crabtree
Hurd aka Joe Williams 2.0
Share 49ersWebzone