LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 215 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by rathman4481:
Bosa has played way more snaps as well.

Don't kid yourself. Bosa is a better player than Aldon. If he played limited snaps he would be much more effective rushing the passer.

I just had a fun exchange with Jags fans on twitter. My favorite part was how they claimed he was their best defensive lineman...yet only has 3 games this year where he played more than 70% of the defensive snaps.

Last week vs Oakland he played 39% of the snaps...which makes it really hard to rewatch his games. I was watching it and thinking where the hell is he?

Bosa is definitely tired at this point but still busting his ass. I do have to wonder if he didn't play so many snaps in recent games if maybe he gets to Ryan a few times on that last drive.

Definitely need guys to step up outside of Bosa, Buckner and Armstead while Ford is out. There is a clear decline in our pass rush and I can't even blame Nick the way he plays. As he said...maybe he should take it easy a little earlier to save it for the end but at the same time I wouldn't respect him if he did that.

Don't kid yourself. Bosa is a better player than Aldon. If he played limited snaps he would be much more effective rushing the passer.

I don't know. Aldon was really special. Bosa is great, but I just don't see the same level of domination.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Of course you beat me.

He's sooooooo chill. Cracks me up.
He's hit the rookie wall, but he's finding a way to produce.

Hopefully, Dee Ford can get healthy(lolz) so they can give Bosa a breather.
Originally posted by birdie2bogey:
Here is some added perspective on their rookie years:

Games Started:
Aldon = 0
Nick = 12

Touchdowns:
Aldon = 0
Nick = 1

Tackles:
Aldon = 37 (13 TFL)
Nick = 41 (16 TFL) thru 14 games

QB Hits:
Aldon = 27
Nick = 20 thru 14 games

Both are great rookie years but what Bosa has been doing is awesome and not far fetched to think he is having as much if not more of an impact than Aldon.

Originally posted by cortana49:
Originally posted by birdie2bogey:
Here is some added perspective on their rookie years:

Games Started:
Aldon = 0
Nick = 12

Touchdowns:
Aldon = 0
Nick = 1

Tackles:
Aldon = 37 (13 TFL)
Nick = 41 (16 TFL) thru 14 games

QB Hits:
Aldon = 27
Nick = 20 thru 14 games

Both are great rookie years but what Bosa has been doing is awesome and not far fetched to think he is having as much if not more of an impact than Aldon.

More than Aldon had in his entire career
Originally posted by NCommand:

Of course you beat me.

I love the Bosa/Kittle bromance.

It's not surprising that both guys are our MVPs on each side of the ball IMO.

Hope to see both of these guys dominating their positions for us for years to come. Hopefully while here they get themselves a few SB rings.

Of course you beat me.

lol he sounds like an amused fan. "I tackled Julio Jones."
Of course you beat me.

Put long hair on him and a joint in his mouth and he's our resident hippie

Originally posted by Young2Rice:

I don't know. Aldon was really special. Bosa is great, but I just don't see the same level of domination.

That domination wasn't there with Aldon as a rookie. Guys like Bosa, Aldon, etc do so much better when they're fresh and allowed to play on mostly obvious pass rush downs.

When you can be fresh and know the QB is throwing the ball it allows you to be much more successful.

Obviously Aldon's athletic ability and physical traits allowed him to make more splash rushes but Bosa has played better as a rookie overall. I'm pretty sure if he had Justin Smith eating up blockers on his side and Nick didn't have to play so many snaps with guys chipping, doubling him the sack numbers would be right up there with Aldon if not higher.
Originally posted by genus49:
That domination wasn't there with Aldon as a rookie. Guys like Bosa, Aldon, etc do so much better when they're fresh and allowed to play on mostly obvious pass rush downs.

When you can be fresh and know the QB is throwing the ball it allows you to be much more successful.

Obviously Aldon's athletic ability and physical traits allowed him to make more splash rushes but Bosa has played better as a rookie overall. I'm pretty sure if he had Justin Smith eating up blockers on his side and Nick didn't have to play so many snaps with guys chipping, doubling him the sack numbers would be right up there with Aldon if not higher.

I like both of them. Nick doesn't exactly have chopped live playing next to him no matter what side he lines up on. With the talent they have, opposing teams have to decide whether to double Nick or go one on one. Most tackles can't handle him alone so he get's doubled or chipped by a back. Justin Smith often got doubled and that left Aldon free to speed rush.

Don't kid yourself. Bosa is a better player than Aldon.

Right now?? Yes. Surprised is Aldon is even still on a team roster.

At Aldon's pinnacle? Dont kid yourself just yet and let him grow into that.

This reminds me of the "Jimmy G is already a QB elite" stuff we were seeing last week before he laid an egg last game,...and saying Deebo Samuel is @ Anquan Boldin's level before his last crucial drop.

What the heck is with the rush to anoint "the next great" player? Hell,...let them earn it and enjoy the process of them doing so.

You'll know they've arrived because you wont feel the need to shamelessly compare them to more much more productive past great players. Those old players will instead be measured up to them.
[ Edited by random49er on Dec 18, 2019 at 3:00 PM ]
Good thing I said 'better player' and not 'better pass rusher'!
Originally posted by random49er:
Right now?? Yes. Surprised is Aldon is even still on a team roster.

At Aldon's pinnacle? Dont kid yourself just yet and let him grow into that.

This reminds me of the "Jimmy G is already a QB elite" stuff we were seeing last week before he laid an egg last game,...and saying Deebo Samuel is @ Anquan Boldin's level before his last crucial drop.

What the heck is with the rush to anoint "the next great" player? Hell,...let them earn it and enjoy the process of them doing so.

You'll know they've arrived because you wont feel the need to shamelessly compare them to more much more productive past great players. Those old players will instead be measured up to them.

This so much.
Share 49ersWebzone