There are 203 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
If Bosa HAD to sit out games to get himself right you couldn't hand pick better games than AFC opponents who will not factor into playoff tie breakers.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
It's Thursday and that ankle still hasn't calmed down - I seriously think he misses the game.
Well this sucks
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
It won't be a good look for our coaching and training staff if Bosa ends up missing this game.

They just said he "reaggravated" the injury. Which means it got worse. Didn't think it made sense to hold him out of Cincy if it was just continual soreness. But a reaggrevation suggests he should sit. And probably Pittsburg too.

People are forgetting -- it is VERY easy for him to miss ANOTHER 4-6 weeks right now. The ankle isn't healed. He can very easily reinjure it. Bosa "toughing this out" isn't helping and it may make the team worse in the long run should he continue to shred the ligaments.

That's my worry too. I didn't read any articles saying he re-aggravated the ankle though. Maybe Kyle said it in a podcast? Anyway, what I did read is that he's still sore on Wednesday when if it was almost fully healed, it shouldn't be so sore. The medical staff has been pretty conservative, and I'm betting if he's still sore on Saturday, they will hold him out of Sunday. Bummer!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Jimmie bosa still not practicing ?

He's practicing mentally. Does that count?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
My guess is that he suits up. But I think it's a dumb decision if that's the case. This team has playoff aspirations and will likely need him for a stretch run. If he blows through the bye week and isn't right he'll never have a chance to get to 100% this season.
Originally posted by Giedi:
That's my worry too. I didn't read any articles saying he re-aggravated the ankle though. Maybe Kyle said it in a podcast? Anyway, what I did read is that he's still sore on Wednesday when if it was almost fully healed, it shouldn't be so sore. The medical staff has been pretty conservative, and I'm betting if he's still sore on Saturday, they will hold him out of Sunday. Bummer!

From Cam Inman:

Bosa, this year's No. 2 overall draft pick, missed a second straight day of practice after aggravating an ankle injury in his NFL debut Sunday at Tampa Bay.

Shouldn't have played last week, but the Niners also likely don't win if he doesn't. Fook.
[ Edited by Heroism on Sep 12, 2019 at 11:37 AM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
It won't be a good look for our coaching and training staff if Bosa ends up missing this game.

They just said he "reaggravated" the injury. Which means it got worse. Didn't think it made sense to hold him out of Cincy if it was just continual soreness. But a reaggrevation suggests he should sit. And probably Pittsburg too.

People are forgetting -- it is VERY easy for him to miss ANOTHER 4-6 weeks right now. The ankle isn't healed. He can very easily reinjure it. Bosa "toughing this out" isn't helping and it may make the team worse in the long run should he continue to shred the ligaments.

Beat writer (Inman?) just said that.

Lynch said Bosa reagrevated it when he planted his foot wrong on the first play of the game. He didnt roll it but he said it was sore from planting wrong.
Originally posted by Heroism:
From Cam Inman:

Bosa, this year's No. 2 overall draft pick, missed a second straight day of practice after aggravating an ankle injury in his NFL debut Sunday at Tampa Bay.

Shouldn't have played last week, but the Niners also likely don't win if he doesn't. Fook.

They need to sit him this week. We should get enough pass rush with the DL we have now. To rush him back would be a mistake. We have multiple 1 rounders on the DL and a high priced FA in Dee Ford. Get it done.

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by E-49er:

Lynch said Bosa reagrevated it when he planted his foot wrong on the first play of the game. He didnt roll it but he said it was sore from planting wrong.

Yeah, no bueno. Highly likely if is ankle was 100% sound he wouldn't have felt any pain. His ankle simply can't handle anything outside the normal range of motion. With his ankle compromised the way it is -- not being dramatic -- he could miss two months by "planting wrong" right now.

I'm having a hard time seeing how the risk/reward benefits the Niners right now. We need him. Have to be smart.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by E-49er:

Yeah, no bueno. Highly likely if is ankle was 100% sound he wouldn't have felt any pain. His ankle simply can't handle anything outside the normal range of motion. With his ankle compromised the way it is -- not being dramatic -- he could miss two months by "planting wrong" right now.

I'm having a hard time seeing how the risk/reward benefits the Niners right now. We need him. Have to be smart.

Agree, sit him out now and wait for the Bye - revaluate after the bye, and move on. No need to use him up in the beginning of the year when you'll need him at the end for a possible playoff run if we're anywhere near .500 at the 4th quarter of the season. Last thing I want to see is a torn ankle ligament or even worse - I don't want to see another mis-diagnosis of a star player. Buuuuuummmmmmeeerrrrr!
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Sit him. We need to figure out who our next best ER is anyway. Offense will have to step up for us to get a dub.
Originally posted by Antix:
Sit him. We need to figure out who our next best ER is anyway. Offense will have to step up for us to get a dub.

Well, that's easy to figure out given there's only 1 ER on the roster besides Nick Bosa lol.

That's my point though. It doesn't reflect well on the training and coaching staff if he aggrivated the ankle injury due to being rushed back too soon.
Share 49ersWebzone