There are 170 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
The only cure for his injury is rest and that is a costly cure if we want to maintain a quality pass rush

Correct, that's why early on in the season (and probably all of his rookie yr) it will be "load management" for Bosa. He had 38 snaps on Sunday mainly in pass rushing situations (27 pass 11 run) he's not gonna practice a ton during the week and having a early bye helps as well.

We have two quality base DEs vs the run in ST/AA so from a run D standpoint we should hurt much there either.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Is Nick in a boot or something or is he just taking it easy with the ankle?
Originally posted by mayo49:

Just taking it easy.

But it's the Zone soooo....drama.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
just skip all the practices.

Till he's fully healthy!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
just skip all the practices.

Till he's fully healthy!

That's probably going to be the only way he gets fully healthy.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Just taking it easy with the ankle. I think if he manages to get to the bye without reinjuring it, he should be back in a boot until the next game. or at least pack that ankle in ice.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:

Just taking it easy with the ankle. I think if he manages to get to the bye without reinjuring it, he should be back in a boot until the next game. or at least pack that ankle in ice.

The bye comes just in time for him. He can really rest that foot and be ready for the rest of the season.

no no no....he's just given as much time as possible to get healthy for the upcoming game. Players throughout the league do this, his job on this defense is pretty simple yr 1. See QB hit QB, you don't needs a weeks worth of "practice" to figure out how to do that. He said he watches a ton of film on opposing OLs and that's good enough for me based on how it played out last Sunday.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

no no no....he's just given as much time as possible to get healthy for the upcoming game. Players throughout the league do this, his job on this defense is pretty simple yr 1. See QB hit QB, you don't needs a weeks worth of "practice" to figure out how to do that. He said he watches a ton of film on opposing OLs and that's good enough for me based on how it played out last Sunday.

Yeah, he should be fine. Maybe get on the bike to keep his cardio sharp.
not gonna lie, him missing those open field sacks on Winston made my heart stop watching his legs/feet. looked like he could've awkwardly injured himself

I seem to recall a former 49er not practicing almost the entire season because he was nursing a nagging issue. I don't remember his name but it didn't affect his game play because he was so experienced he didn't need to practice. I know Bosa isn't experienced but everyone says he's really advanced so he may be able to do the same thing. Rather have him rest it than re-injure it in practice.
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
not gonna lie, him missing those open field sacks on Winston made my heart stop watching his legs/feet. looked like he could've awkwardly injured himself

Winston crosses him over like Iverson. Lol
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I seem to recall a former 49er not practicing almost the entire season because he was nursing a nagging issue. I don't remember his name but it didn't affect his game play because he was so experienced he didn't need to practice. I know Bosa isn't experienced but everyone says he's really advanced so he may be able to do the same thing. Rather have him rest it than re-injure it in practice.

Going with Justin Smith's back for 1000
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JaggedJ:

Just taking it easy.

But it's the Zone soooo....drama.

i would not say drama ,. at least with most people,.,. i think its just well founded concern cuz we know and have seen how much of a difference maker he is with our team
It might be a blessing for Nick that our bye week is so early this year. Hopefully week 5 he can be 💯
Share 49ersWebzone