Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by mayo49:
If he's not ready by opening day, I think it'd be prudent to wait and hold him back until week 5, after the bye.

He'll be ready.

I think he will be, too.

lynch said he's 50-50.

That's pretty much a "no" then

pretty much how I see it.

I disagree. I think Kyle and John are playing some Belichickian type chit here.

Absolutely 0 reason to let Tampa Bay know well in advance who they will have to worry about.

either way, you know tamps will gameplan for Bosa regardless. i dont think it matters. but they'd be stupid not to to be on the safe side.
[ Edited by defenderDX on Aug 23, 2019 at 10:45 AM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
She hurtin still??
Originally posted by 9moon:
She hurtin still??

I seen that he has a 50/50 chance to play week 1.. Idk i feel like we should just sit him, i dont want to rush him back and lose him for half the season.
Originally posted by 9moon:
She hurtin still??

Really?
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by tommyncal:
Lynch says 50/50 for week 1. I hope they leave him out til week 5 , after the bye week. If they go 0-2 against TB & Cinn, it's not Bosa's fault, they have bigger issues. To me, it's worth a possible loss to Pitt , going 1-2, to give him a couple more weeks. It's a long season.

week 5!? thats not happening, willing to bet he'll see the field before that

I guess we'll see.
Bosa is gonna have a great career here. I know because Madden confirmed it. Pretty much every time I sack the QB with Bosa he's causing a forced fumble as well.

The man will not be stopped and I turned off injuries so he's going to stay healthy his whole career.

Madden never lies.
All of the concerns and red flags are coming true.

I'm guess is that he's on the juice, so often injured.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i am more worried about ford than bosa. i know. wrong thread. i know. he has dealt with the knee thing for a while. but we really put our pass rushing eggs into that basket. i am fine with bosa missing one or 2 regular season games. actually hate it but oh well
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

That word often....i do not think you know what it means.

Red flags outside of injury mentioned in this thread

Can't handle athletic tackles with long arms - working Joe Staley, McGlinchey and Shon Coleman in practice.
Will hold out like his brother - did not hold out like his brother

What else we got?
Originally posted by cciowa:
i am more worried about ford than bosa. i know. wrong thread. i know. he has dealt with the knee thing for a while. but we really put our pass rushing eggs into that basket. i am fine with bosa missing one or 2 regular season games. actually hate it but oh well

DFord has been dealing with it his whole career. Even last year, when he had 13 sacks. As long his work load in practice is managed it isnt an issue. Bosa Im a bit concerned about.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
Originally posted by cciowa:

DFord has been dealing with it his whole career. Even last year, when he had 13 sacks. As long his work load in practice is managed it isnt an issue. Bosa Im a bit concerned about.
got it! good points.

I hope that's not the case RE bold.

But, yeah, not looking good, thus far. His play was not a concern going into the draft, it was his injury history. He had two major injuries in 4 years before eve hitting the NFL. Now, injured twice without even making into a preseason game. Yeah, not good.

People can excuse away every injury away (same with Ward and Garnett) all they want but at the end of the day it's an injury, bottom line.

I'm holding out hope he can at least come back 100% by game four. But, knowing what we know so far, I feel it will be highly unlikely. Which sucks because he was the #2 overall.

At least S. Thomas has availability (please no jinx), which I'm the NFL there is a common saying "best ability is availability" and that is something Bosa is currently missing.

Stupid autocorrect
[ Edited by Bay2Bay9erAllday on Aug 23, 2019 at 1:26 PM ]
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

But, yeah, not looking good, thus far. His play was not a concern going into the draft, it was his injury history. He had two major injuries in 4 years before eve hitting the NFL. Now, injured twice without even making into a preseason game. Yeah, not good.

People can excuse away every injury away (same with Ward and Garnett) all they want but at the end of the day it's an injury, bottom line.

I'm holding out hope he can at least come back 100% by game four. But, knowing what we know so far, I feel it will be highly unlikely. Which sucks because he was the #2 overall.

At least S. Thomas has availability (please no jinx), which I'm the NFL there is a common saying "best ability is availability" and that is something Bosa is currently missing.

Stupid autocorrect

Good take and not just because I agree 100 percent.

You have to be on the juice to have a 300 lb guy fall on your ankle?
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

Stupid autocorrect

Fine bosa sucks. Fire lynch shanny bring back baalke. That's what you guys want right? Bosa is a great player that is dealing with an injury a lot of great players get. But whatever it doesn't fit your agenda.
Share 49ersWebzone