LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 335 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by lamontb:
I been on you tube all day and I feel comfortable saying if anybody needs any surgery just hit up my inbox. I'm ready. I accept all insurance just need that co pay before we start. I also perform dental work. And I do mani's and pedi's on Sunday's.

Do you do lobotomies? After some of the posts in here I'm thinking I may need one.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
Do you find that hard to believe? Missing the first 3 games seems reasonable considering the severity of the injury, the expected 4-6 week recovery time, plus the extra precaution the new medical staff will take to ensure that his high ankle sprain doesn't continue to bother him all year. The video shows him still walking a little gimpy. In order for him to play week one, I figure he'd need to be a full go for practice the week leading up to the game. That's a little more than 14 days away which seems unlikely.

What you fail to realize is YOU don't know the exact diagnoses of the injury. NO WHERE in the media has the medical staff labeled it a straight up "high ankle sprain" like most have also stated there are grades to that as well.

Also you can look at past athletes who actually had a high ankle sprain like Myles Garrett (missed 4 weeks), Lane Johnson (didn't miss any time), and Jamaal Charles missed a week. His injury happened like 9 days ago from that video. Dude was out of the boot in less than a week.

We understand how you feel about Bosa and you made it clear throughout the draft process...you continue to do this passive-aggressive song and dance.

Lynch said it's a high ankle sprain, and I doubt he'd lie about that.

My feelings about Bosa as a draft prospect have nothing to do with anything. I said he was the #2 best prospect, which means I still think he's really good. My concern is about rushing him back. I don't want to see him clutching his ankle every game and having to come out. I'd rather we give him the time to heal and not repeat the mistakes we made with Breida last year.
[ Edited by KittleSkittle on Aug 19, 2019 at 9:13 AM ]
Lynch said it's a high ankle sprain, and I doubt he'd lie about that.

My feelings about Bosa as a draft prospect have nothing to do with anything. I said he was the #2 best prospect, which means I still think he's really good. My concern is about rushing him back. I don't want to see him clutching his ankle every game and having to come out. I'd rather we give him the time to heal and not repeat the mistakes we made with Breida last year.

He said it has some high ankle sprain components to it...whatever the fuk that means.

And considering the MRI results were reported to be a "minor ankle sprain" and the GM and HC then come back and say it's serious but never actually fully saying it's full blown high ankle it's very possible there is some fudging going on there considering how our fanbase is when it comes to Bosa.

Making it sound like the injury is serious enough to keep him out of preseason and possibly regular season prevents fans from playing the "he's not actually hurt and sitting out like the Bosa's until they're 100%" card.

And don't even act like that card wouldn't be played if Lynch/Shanny said the ankle injury was minor.
[ Edited by genus49 on Aug 19, 2019 at 9:17 AM ]
Originally posted by Alex04221989:
Kittleskittle you are an absolute troll and sound ridiculous. Only thing holding you back from completing major surgery is the equipment? Not knowing which organ is which. Steady hand. The know how to stop internal bleeding when you accidentally hit an artery. What about replacing a heart? Or taking out a kidney. Stoping internal bleeding from a car crash victim. Could you read the monitors to ensure your patient doesn't die on the table from low blood pressure? Dude you have to be a 12 year old child that thinks he knows everything. If not get some help cause you have obviously lost it.

Woah, woah, I didn't say I knew how to do that stuff. I said I could learn how to do it by watching YouTube tutorials, which is true.

I didn't realize we had so many actual doctors here that would be offended by the implication that you could learn similar things from watching YouTube as you could from spending $100,000+ to go to medical school.
No. It's not true. You could get a high level understanding, but not the in depth training and practice required to "learn it". This statement reminds me of many of the problems today associated with the "I saw it on the internet" attitude. 😂
Woah, woah, I didn't say I knew how to do that stuff. I said I could learn how to do it by watching YouTube tutorials, which is true.

I didn't realize we had so many actual doctors here that would be offended by the implication that you could learn similar things from watching YouTube as you could from spending $100,000+ to go to medical school.

Originally posted by DaManRathman:

I bet some essential oils will work for that
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

You can't be serious. Only crystals really have healing powers. I saw it on FB.
We should shelve him this year. It's the right thing to do.
Originally posted by socalniner:

We shouldn't ever play him. It would make injuries less likely. Just suit him up to scare other teams waitng for him to be put in.
Can the youtube doctors on here tell us how long Trent Taylor will be out?

You don't need to be a doctor to watch that video and come to the conclusion that he is not ready yet
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mojave45:

Ginsing can cure cancer. I saw it on youtube!
Originally posted by Innovative49:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
What you fail to realize is YOU don't know the exact diagnoses of the injury. NO WHERE in the media has the medical staff labeled it a straight up "high ankle sprain" like most have also stated there are grades to that as well.

When you have "elements" of a high ankle sprain, you have a high ankle sprain.

Only the severity is in question.

There is no "straight up" diagnoses or anything like that. That type of wording isint referencing anything in the medical field.

That's really the end of it.

Exactly. When Lynch came on the radio and said there were elements of a high ankle sprain he was trying to sugar coat it, but elements of a high ankle sprain means high ankle sprain.

Yet you have zero proof of severity of the so-called high ankle sprain either...also with your timeline to playing, you're throwing it in the field of one of the worst kinds. The fact that he's out of a boot in less then a week proves you wrong my friend.

spoke with Dr. Ken Jung, a consultant to the Rams who is a foot and ankle surgeon at the Cedars-Sinai Kerlan-Jobe Institute in Los Angeles, today a day after the 49ers discussed Bosa's ankle injury.

General manager John Lynch said Bosa didn't have a "full-blown" high ankle sprain, but his injury had "components" of such an injury. Kyle Shanahan said the rookie edge rusher had a "minor high ankle sprain, but there's no such thing as a minor high ankle sprain because we know those are a much bigger deal than low ones."

Confused? Fortunately, this made sense to Jung, who said low and high ankle sprains, the latter of which are more severe, aren't mutually exclusive.

"You can have components of one and the other," Jung said.

Jung, obviously, doesn't have access to Bosa's medical file, but he had an educated opinion about what could have happened to his ankle based on what the 49ers have said.

High ankle sprains involve damage to a complex of ligaments located above the ankle joint known as the syndesmosis. It stabilizes the tibia and fibula, the two bones of the lower leg.

"They could be speaking to that - maybe some of the ligaments of that syndesmosis are injured, but not all of them to the point that his ankle's unstable and it warrants surgery," Jung said.
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Can the youtube doctors on here tell us how long Trent Taylor will be out?
Originally posted by Giedi:

Ginsing can cure cancer. I saw it on youtube!

😂
Originally posted by socalniner:

We shouldn't ever play him. It would make injuries less likely. Just suit him up to scare other teams waitng for him to be put in.

He's even limping in Madden!
Share 49ersWebzone