LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 251 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Right. The team-friendly portion is usually lower guaranteed money, annual ripcords, and lower APY after 2-3 years. The player-friendly part is front loaded money during the first couple years ensuring the team retains them no matter what.

And if the player stays healthy and balls out? They get the full contract.

Yup! Players always want that money upfront and SF has always been about that...I have no idea what this jabroni agent is crying about. What does he want fully guaranteed contracts? Please, not gonna happen unless there 2 yr deals (which are basically what SF offers).... jimmy G got a f**k ton of money upfront, for not a lot of production. He doesn't play well after this yr ya damn right SF should have a rip cord in place.

Dude is complaining about SF being able to make a decision in April vs March on when the cash is guaranteed for that season lol. I mean It's called negotiations, they want March instead of April, then maybe you don't get as much front loaded in the contract ...if your client plays to his potential, it's not gonna be a problem he will get paid anyway.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Totally agreed.

I'm not sure on the details but is the argument about FA vs. Draft times? Meaning, if it was March the client could be released and go on the FA market whereby in April, the draft has happened so the team then can decide to cut the player and teams rosters are more set and the player can no longer be a big player in FA???
This is solved by the client being a good football player that he's not released and is retained for the year, or till the end of his contract.

I have a feeling the Agent is just putting stuff out there to get a bargaining edge. Trump does that all the time, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

As for Bosa, I haven't heard anything about hold out or that either party are having difficulties in the negotiations. That means Bosa is signing most likely this week, maybe thursday?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Right. The team-friendly portion is usually lower guaranteed money, annual ripcords, and lower APY after 2-3 years. The player-friendly part is front loaded money during the first couple years ensuring the team retains them no matter what.

And if the player stays healthy and balls out? They get the full contract.

Yup! Players always want that money upfront and SF has always been about that...I have no idea what this jabroni agent is crying about. What does he want fully guaranteed contracts? Please, not gonna happen unless there 2 yr deals (which are basically what SF offers).... jimmy G got a f**k ton of money upfront, for not a lot of production. He doesn't play well after this yr ya damn right SF should have a rip cord in place.

Dude is complaining about SF being able to make a decision in April vs March on when the cash is guaranteed for that season lol. I mean It's called negotiations, they want March instead of April, then maybe you don't get as much front loaded in the contract ...if your client plays to his potential, it's not gonna be a problem he will get paid anyway.

Rec for use of jabroni
Where is your pitchforks when he's not signed at the start of TC?
Totally agreed.

I'm not sure on the details but is the argument about FA vs. Draft times? Meaning, if it was March the client could be released and go on the FA market whereby in April, the draft has happened so the team then can decide to cut the player and teams rosters are more set and the player can no longer be a big player in FA???

Yeah from the article it's about SF having the option to see who's out there in FA and if it's an upgrade vs them keeping whomever...agents just want that cash guaranteed sooner than later.

I'm pro-player, but if a dude isn't playing to his potential after a couple yrs then a team should have some sort of rip cord in place. I mean you don't see any of our Niner FAs really complaining about these contracts. Nor should they be, they play well they will be set...it might be a little different if SF signed the top FAs every yr (they would expect more).
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:
Rec for use of jabroni

Our gator arms pass rusher wonder boy signed yet...
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Brian Burns signed today. That leaves Bosa and Samuel as the final CAA guys unsigned.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Nope. They've been trying to shake on the deal for 3 days but can't "reach"

I wonder who is gonna get the short end of the stick

Originally posted by lamontb:

Paarage shortarmed the negotiation
Originally posted by lamontb:

Paarage shortarmed the negotiation

They really should stop negotiating over the littlest things.
Negotiations include 2 parties.

The owners literally bent the players over backwards with the last CBA.

They continue their practices with the way they haggle for every last dollar with these players.
Originally posted by random49er:
Negotiations include 2 parties.

The owners literally bent the players over backwards with the last CBA.

They continue their practices with the way they haggle for every last dollar with these players.

Reaching an agreement should be on their shortlist. Until then, they should keep each other at arms length. That should be very close with Bosa.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Brian Burns signed today. That leaves Bosa and Samuel as the final CAA guys unsigned.

Panthers start camp today makes sense
Share 49ersWebzone