LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 251 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I don't understand why people are freaking out over Bosa not being signed or in camp. His agent is just working out some details and I'm sure Nick wants to be there for training camp if his injury is okay. He may not need as much time in camp as a lot of rookies since he supposedly is very advanced as far as technique and that kind of thing. It's more just getting used to playing next to Buckner and I doubt that will take long. DE is far less complex than QB, LB, DB or O line. Just let him smell the QB and go get him.

Because his brother held out
This isn't over how much money he gets. That's already decided by the league. It's about details like how the money is paid out and bonus opportunities. It's not unusual for high draft picks to go thru this. He's injured now anyway so his practice would be limited at best. If he's not out there after training camp opens then I'll be concerned. That's still 2+ weeks away.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 9moon:
The guy is hurt, I'm not sure what's the big deal if he's here or not... plus, it's not like he's going to create havoc during this early practices..

.. but, he needs to sign his contract already !!!

No one "needs" to be here right now...camp isn't for another month.

He doesn't "need" to sign his contract until July 26th

signing the contract now would give everyone here the PEACE OF MIND..

How would you like it if the company who hired you does not want to sign the offer sheet you presented to them and tell you RELAX, WILL SIGN YOUR CONTRACT NEXT MONTH...

MODS: this is just an honest question, by no means I'm trying to be sarcastic or attacking my long time buddy NY85, so try not to increase the 25% warning level.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
The guy is hurt, I'm not sure what's the big deal if he's here or not... plus, it's not like he's going to create havoc during this early practices..

How would you like it if the company who hired you does not want to sign the offer sheet you presented to them and tell you RELAX, WILL SIGN YOUR CONTRACT NEXT MONTH...

MODS: this is just an honest question, by no means I'm trying to be sarcastic or attacking my long time buddy NY85, so try not to increase the 25% warning level.

JK

Most athletes realize that these negotiations are part of the game. It's not like a corporation at all where the individual doesn't have a lot of leverage and usually does his own negotiating. Players have agents and both sides have a certain amount of leverage.

How would you like it if the USA legally prevented you from working for any other employer in your profession?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RTFirefly:

How would you like it if the USA legally prevented you from working for any other employer in your profession?

Prior to the emancipation proclamation- that was the normal state of things.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran

YOU either go back to the country that you're originally from and pray for success.. or you can pull the old EBoE trick if you really you don't want to work for that company...

EBoE = Elway - Bo - Eli

YOU either go back to the country that you're originally from and pray for success.. or you can pull the old EBoE trick if you really you don't want to work for that company...

EBoE = Elway - Bo - Eli

WTF is that supposed to mean?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Holdout.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/126167-nick-bosa-expected-participate-fully-training-later-month/

According to Pro Football Focus' 49ers Twitter account, Bosa is expected to be a full participant for camp:
Originally posted by John_Candy:
https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/126167-nick-bosa-expected-participate-fully-training-later-month/

According to Pro Football Focus' 49ers Twitter account, Bosa is expected to be a full participant for camp:

?????
This article doesn't say s**t.
Author contradicts himself in this article.
Here's the last two paragraphs.

First says he will be here 1st day of camp then finishes off with this:

"Bosa has yet to sign his rookie contract, which could delay him getting onto the field by the time camp starts. That said, the 49ers have gone through similar situations with first-round NFL Draft picks before. In 2017, defensive end Solomon Thomas wasn't signed by the time training camp began. The following year, offensive tackle Mike McGlinchey's deal was done just before camp started.

If Bosa and the 49ers' standoff goes into August, that might be a problem."
[ Edited by Jeepzilla on Jun 30, 2019 at 8:34 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran

EBoE = Elway - Bo - Eli

it's exactly the same meaning as what you were trying to say on your USA post.

Originally posted by Jeepzilla:

?????
This article doesn't say s**t.
Author contradicts himself in this article.
Here's the last two paragraphs.

First says he will be here 1st day of camp then finishes off with this:

"Bosa has yet to sign his rookie contract, which could delay him getting onto the field by the time camp starts. That said, the 49ers have gone through similar situations with first-round NFL Draft picks before. In 2017, defensive end Solomon Thomas wasn't signed by the time training camp began. The following year, offensive tackle Mike McGlinchey's deal was done just before camp started.

If Bosa and the 49ers' standoff goes into August, that might be a problem."

There's no contradiction. The only thing at this point that'll keep him from starting TC on time is not getting signed by day 1 of camp. Nothing else.

he's gotta sign a contract first
Share 49ersWebzone