LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 168 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by cciowa:
lawrence phillips sucks. i do not know this for sure. but i suspect even 85 will not ask me to elaborate!!

welllll that's a rough topic cc

it's also easier to say a players blows after the fact...there's film and off field craziness to back that up.

people like jimmy ward blows before during and after the fact in my opinion. i would take craig dahl big time over him
The amount of ignorance with Bosa's contract situation is really getting under my skin. It's embarrassing for the fanbase.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mojave45:
Posting " he sucks" with no reasons or analysis will get you ridiculed. For good reason. It's an opinion based on nothing, which is what the post is worth. It's an open forum, everyone gets to say what they want (within the rules) but that doesn't mean a post or opinion is immune from criticism. It's OK to make a post like that, but don't whine at the response.

Exactly

people like jimmy ward blows before during and after the fact in my opinion. i would take craig dahl big time over him

Damn cc, I know you hate Ward but you Craig Dahl hate him??

Ward was actually pretty good in college (Thorpe finalist) I think he was a little over drafted, which imo is more the GMs fault then just him.

FYI that in no way means I like Ward or the pick lol. Also we can safety say now it was a piss poor pick...but we're talking about someone saying a guy sucks who hasn't played a down in the NFL (was damn good in college) and showed nothing to back it up his claim. Dats all I'm saying
Originally posted by genus49:
The amount of ignorance with Bosa's contract situation is really getting under my skin. It's embarrassing for the fanbase.

Who's saying anything?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Damn cc, I know you hate Ward but you Craig Dahl hate him??

I did not hate craig like so many others did back in the day! i just used him to jerk the chains of the guys who remember and used to rip him up and down! lol
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RTFirefly:
Posting " he sucks" with no reasons or analysis will get you ridiculed. For good reason. It's an opinion based on nothing, which is what the post is worth. It's an open forum, everyone gets to say what they want (within the rules) but that doesn't mean a post or opinion is immune from criticism. It's OK to make a post like that, but don't whine at the response.

Exactly
lawrence phillips sucks. i do not know this for sure. but i suspect even 85 will not ask me to elaborate!!

Sucked, past tense, since he killed himself in prison.

he still sucks in the 7th level of hell where he is at now,. where the beast lives in the icy water

What he did to Steve at the prime of his career, he should rot in hell.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:

Who's saying anything?
agree with 85, some still wish we had someone else but as far as the contract.. not to many are getting all bent out of shape about it.. i am not and i am the king of shape benting. i think any concerns most of us have center around his hammys and making sure he is good to go come august first
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:

Exactly

he still sucks in the 7th level of hell where he is at now,. where the beast lives in the icy water

i pooh pooed the importance of a running back pass blocking until that day. really makes you appreciate gore.

• cciowa
  • Veteran

Ward was actually pretty good in college (Thorpe finalist) I think he was a little over drafted, which imo is more the GMs fault then just him.

FYI that in no way means I like Ward or the pick lol. Also we can safety say now it was a piss poor pick...but we're talking about someone saying a guy sucks who hasn't played a down in the NFL (was damn good in college) and showed nothing to back it up his claim. Dats all I'm saying
gotcha!
Dude started in 44 straight games for Bama

Don't give me this "injury prone" nonsense with football...everybody does and will get hurt at some pt.
I still can't get behind the pick. Hopefully he gets healthy and does some exciting things.

Don't give me this "injury prone" nonsense with football...everybody does and will get hurt at some pt.

Yep, you're right. There's no difference in durability between guys like Jimmie Ward and Deforest Buckner. Injury prone is a myth.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Exactly

i pooh pooed the importance of a running back pass blocking until that day. really makes you appreciate gore.
Even if.

Frankie G's rushing stats already get him in the HOF. His blocking is on par with that. I'm trying to think of a RB that pass blocked better than him. Only Walter Payton, who was a motherjoking beast in the pass blocking game, comes to mind.

And, Frankie was and is a great receiver when and if you decided to throw to him.

I want us to be great and on the road to the SB and then Frankie signs a contract and gets to contribute on the way there. I know we are not going to retire any more numbers but #97, #21, #94, #52, and #51 deserve honorable mention. And #74 for Staley too.
Share 49ersWebzone