There are 174 users in the forums

Nick Bosa-DE-Ohio State is a Niner(Politics-free)

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Nah I disagree

HA...s**t
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Forums often show the stupidity of humanity. Bosa was the obvious choice even knowing his injury concerns. The entire process is risk.






They forever blew it but I hope Bosa works out just the same.

I get the love for QW, but it's redundant when you have DeFo, and had a huge need at EDGE even with Dee on the roster.

Even QW is hurting right now, it's early, I'm not concerned.
Originally posted by cciowa:
yes, i said jenkins sucks and is not worth being drafted number one.. if i recall. very few people called me out and made me prove it. lol. it spoke for itself.. sus did the same for jimmy ward and was persecuted for it to

I'm sure sus wanted aldon smith too lol...regardless of off field stuff (which wasn't an issue on college) dude was a freaking stud and most people weren't happy about the pick after it happened.

I don't remember people being stoked about Ward when it happened...also if you hate every pick you're bound to be right at some pt lol.

Back to my pt, a lot of Harbs/Baalke picks were whiffs. We're going into yr 3 into a massive rebuild, wasn't much of a foundation to start with when Kyle/John got here imo.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by cciowa:
yes, i said jenkins sucks and is not worth being drafted number one.. if i recall. very few people called me out and made me prove it. lol. it spoke for itself.. sus did the same for jimmy ward and was persecuted for it to

I'm sure sus wanted aldon smith too lol...regardless of off field stuff (which wasn't an issue on college) dude was a freaking stud and most people weren't happy about the pick after it happened.

I don't remember people being stoked about Ward when it happened...also if you hate every pick you're bound to be right at some pt lol.

Back to my pt, a lot of Harbs/Baalke picks were whiffs. We're going into yr 3 into a massive rebuild, wasn't much of a foundation to start with when Kyle/John got here imo.

Most of Jim/Baalke's good picks or signees were gone by the time Kyle and John arrived, look at Willis, A.Davis, Borland, J.Smith all retiring in one offseason. Aldon going full on moron, Vernon and Gore let walk by Baalke. Remember how mad we were when Gore was let to walk, that's not on Kyle or John, that's on Baalke.

John and Kyle had a s**t roster to begin with, they've had to slowly rebuild cause you can't rebuild in 1 yr, Jim had so much talent all over the field leftover from previous regimes. My philosophy is to sign 2 big FAs each offseason, they've done that, Jet/Richburg(whether you like Jet or not, he was one of the top backs last offseason), and then Dee/Kwon, had they signed a FS to a multi year deal we'd be over the cap next year, we're already at just $3M under next year before carryover.
Originally posted by cciowa:
my point was. since jh left and it was proven that the team had no plan to bring in something better. then followed that up with chip... i do not blame people for questioning how we do business. untill we actually get to 500, they or we have a right to

I also had an issue with who the replaced Harbs with right after as well...I think Jed's issue was he had too much faith in Baalke.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Most of Jim/Baalke's good picks or signees were gone by the time Kyle and John arrived, look at Willis, A.Davis, Borland, J.Smith all retiring in one offseason. Aldon going full on moron, Vernon and Gore let walk by Baalke. Remember how mad we were when Gore was let to walk, that's not on Kyle or John, that's on Baalke.

John and Kyle had a s**t roster to begin with, they've had to slowly rebuild cause you can't rebuild in 1 yr, Jim had so much talent all over the field leftover from previous regimes. My philosophy is to sign 2 big FAs each offseason, they've done that, Jet/Richburg(whether you like Jet or not, he was one of the top backs last offseason), and then Dee/Kwon, had they signed a FS to a multi year deal we'd be over the cap next year, we're already at just $3M under next year before carryover.

Yeah people forget about that 2015 off season from hell



https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/49ers-offseason-aldon-smith-jim-harbaugh-patrick-willis-frank-gore-chris-borland-anthony-davis-081215

When you don't make good draft decisions for a couple yrs and everyone leaves in one off season, it's gonna be a s**t show. Throw in Baalke at the helm for two more yrs fuxking around with Jimmy T and chip kelly ugh.

Like you said it's gonna take some time.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 24, 2019 at 5:59 PM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by walker807:
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
This was and will be a terrible pick.

Shoulda kept Cassius Marsh, amirite.

it is his opinion. so what.. people have a right to their opinions here and unless the rules have changed.. i do not the think the poster making such opinion needs to give a long list of why he thinks that.. here is an idea. instead of getting snarky with 499,, just ask him why he thinks that.. maybe he thinks the guy is a injury risk. or maybe he has seen him play and does not like something about his game that he could cover up in college but not in the nfl. and maybe 499 has seen how this board works with some fans.. even if you say something to justify your opinion about a player. you just get ridiculed and lol at. and maybe he thinks . its not worth it. again very understandable

Saying someone is a terrible pick before the kid has even played a game is a stupid opinion. But he's entitled to it.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 54,411
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by cciowa:
my point was. since jh left and it was proven that the team had no plan to bring in something better. then followed that up with chip... i do not blame people for questioning how we do business. untill we actually get to 500, they or we have a right to

I also had an issue with who the replaced Harbs with right after as well...I think Jed's issue was he had too much faith in Baalke.
of course you are right. i said . this team is still set up to win. we need a vet coach like gruden.holmgren etc to come in here. we got what we got. cc open mind tried to be nice but it was a cluster f**k. and set us back to the extent we are still recovering and picking second. i have no faith trust or confidence in jed. he lucked into jh which gave us the only hope we have had for almost 20 years
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 54,411
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by walker807:
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
This was and will be a terrible pick.

Shoulda kept Cassius Marsh, amirite.

it is his opinion. so what.. people have a right to their opinions here and unless the rules have changed.. i do not the think the poster making such opinion needs to give a long list of why he thinks that.. here is an idea. instead of getting snarky with 499,, just ask him why he thinks that.. maybe he thinks the guy is a injury risk. or maybe he has seen him play and does not like something about his game that he could cover up in college but not in the nfl. and maybe 499 has seen how this board works with some fans.. even if you say something to justify your opinion about a player. you just get ridiculed and lol at. and maybe he thinks . its not worth it. again very understandable

Saying someone is a terrible pick before the kid has even played a game is a stupid opinion. But he's entitled to it.
maybe he said it based upon some flaw he saw in his college game . people who are crowning bosa as a super star who will break aldons sack record before he has even had a full practice is stupid as well
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,237
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by walker807:
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
This was and will be a terrible pick.

Shoulda kept Cassius Marsh, amirite.

it is his opinion. so what.. people have a right to their opinions here and unless the rules have changed.. i do not the think the poster making such opinion needs to give a long list of why he thinks that.. here is an idea. instead of getting snarky with 499,, just ask him why he thinks that.. maybe he thinks the guy is a injury risk. or maybe he has seen him play and does not like something about his game that he could cover up in college but not in the nfl. and maybe 499 has seen how this board works with some fans.. even if you say something to justify your opinion about a player. you just get ridiculed and lol at. and maybe he thinks . its not worth it. again very understandable

Saying someone is a terrible pick before the kid has even played a game is a stupid opinion. But he's entitled to it.
maybe he said it based upon some flaw he saw in his college game . people who are crowning bosa as a super star who will break aldons sack record before he has even had a full practice is stupid as well

CC, it's rare that we agree here... but it's not a secret how i did not want BOSA and was HOPING we'd trade down to teams who were madly in-love with the Bosas...

But the fact is, he's now a 49er and I really hope he proves me wrong..

Originally posted by cciowa:
of course you are right. i said . this team is still set up to win. we need a vet coach like gruden.holmgren etc to come in here. we got what we got. cc open mind tried to be nice but it was a cluster f**k. and set us back to the extent we are still recovering and picking second. i have no faith trust or confidence in jed. he lucked into jh which gave us the only hope we have had for almost 20 years

See I think Jed's major problem is he trusts the wrong people. He's not a owner who sticks his noise in football stuff a lot. He trusted Baalke WAY too much...In a way Jim also lucked into the team he was given in SF as well. It was chalk full of good vets in their prime. He brought in an amazing staff (which is a big part of being a good HC), but Jim wasn't some amazing Xs and Os guy and IMO his "who's got it better than us" shtick can't fly long-term in the NFL. Love what he did for the team, but I think he's made to be a college coach LT.

I love Kyle's football IQ. I was worried about how he would manage a team and staff when he was a possibility for the job (based on stuff I read that happened in DC). I couldn't have been more wrong about him in that regard. I think we lucked into getting Kyle and I still have my question marks with Lynch and the FO as a whole. I think they're starting to pave the way to having a good young team with a great culture.

IF SF is overall healthy this yr, IMO this team is a 9 win squad. I don't think Kyle is remotely close to having his job on the line. nor should he be
Originally posted by cciowa:
maybe he said it based upon some flaw he saw in his college game . people who are crowning bosa as a super star who will break aldons sack record before he has even had a full practice is stupid as well

If that's the case then he should explain what he saw and why he will suck (outside of posting the same YouTube clip over and over in here).... again anyone is entitled to saying whatever BUT a 5 word statement with nothing to back it up shouldn't be taking seriously IMO.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 25, 2019 at 6:28 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by cciowa:
of course you are right. i said . this team is still set up to win. we need a vet coach like gruden.holmgren etc to come in here. we got what we got. cc open mind tried to be nice but it was a cluster f**k. and set us back to the extent we are still recovering and picking second. i have no faith trust or confidence in jed. he lucked into jh which gave us the only hope we have had for almost 20 years

See I think Jed's major problem is he trusts the wrong people. He's not a owner who sticks his noise in football stuff a lot. He trusted Baalke WAY too much...In a way Jim also lucked into the team he was given in SF as well. It was chalk full of good vets in their prime. He brought in an amazing staff (which is a big part of being a good HC), but Jim wasn't some amazing Xs and Os guy and IMO his "who's got it better than us" shtick can't fly long-term in the NFL. Love what he did for the team, but I think he's made to be a college coach LT.

I love Kyle's football IQ. I was worried about how he would manage a team and staff when he was a possibility for the job (based on stuff I read that happened in DC). I couldn't have been more wrong about him in that regard. I think we lucked into getting Kyle and I still have my question marks with Lynch and the FO as a whole. I think they're starting to pave the way to having a good young team with a great culture.

IF SF is overall healthy this yr, IMO this team is a 9 win squad. I don't think Kyle is remotely close to having his job on the line. nor should he be


I think it was fate, destiny that brot kyle here. He could have gone elsewhere, but chose to come here. Lots of teams wanted him. But because of his dad here as OC, kyle as balll boy here, watching , waiting, playing WR at my alma mater and then tearing up his knee....so he goes into coaching. He has the genes, the mind for being the best OC out there, He grew up a fan as ball boy...and that drew him back here. Also this was the worst team that really wanted him and i think kyle looked forward to building a SB winner from the ground up and to date we have 42 new guys since kyle arrived.

He was OC at 3 previous stops....so he got a taste for other teams. But it was his team as a kid, the 9ers, that brot him back. After 5-20 yrs of bad luck...really bad luck and esp last 2 yrs of injuries, we are getting good breaks....AZ taking Murray after we beat SEA up there with 1/3 of team on IR....that was completely unexpected. Was it fate? Destiny? IDK, but the 9ers fortunes are definitely on the upswing. But with John Lynch trouble shooting the mess that WAS the last 20 yrs of 49ers, we have been turned around. Now it's is just a matter of when. And once we do get there, i think kyle intends to stay there.

And yes besides kyle's Intelligence, he is also bringing in a new culture...our former culture...lost for the last 20 yrs. All this with a virtually entirely new team...42 new guys or something like that. And the Bosa thing? We had fans wanting us to throw in the towel in that game, but kyle and john wanted a W. So we risked losing Bosa, the perfect DE for our long time needs. And then due to Kyle Murray being out there, AZ comes in and saves our bacon by taking murray #1. That was great luck...was it fate? Destiny? Again, IDK, but you line events up and you have to think fate....or destiny...had a hand in all this. Sure, it was Lynch who figured out all that was wrong, but kyle (and JL) have now righted a lot of those wrongs.

Luck...destiny....fate...wisdom...leadership....culture.... it is all coming together to get us back on track. And most of us can feel it. The old days. the glory days. it is all coming back.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Jun 25, 2019 at 8:11 AM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by walker807:
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
This was and will be a terrible pick.

Shoulda kept Cassius Marsh, amirite.

it is his opinion. so what.. people have a right to their opinions here and unless the rules have changed.. i do not the think the poster making such opinion needs to give a long list of why he thinks that.. here is an idea. instead of getting snarky with 499,, just ask him why he thinks that.. maybe he thinks the guy is a injury risk. or maybe he has seen him play and does not like something about his game that he could cover up in college but not in the nfl. and maybe 499 has seen how this board works with some fans.. even if you say something to justify your opinion about a player. you just get ridiculed and lol at. and maybe he thinks . its not worth it. again very understandable

Saying someone is a terrible pick before the kid has even played a game is a stupid opinion. But he's entitled to it.
maybe he said it based upon some flaw he saw in his college game . people who are crowning bosa as a super star who will break aldons sack record before he has even had a full practice is stupid as well

Then he should've put that out there.

Considering what he wrote I highly doubt he took the time to really analyze Bosa's game.
Posting " he sucks" with no reasons or analysis will get you ridiculed. For good reason. It's an opinion based on nothing, which is what the post is worth. It's an open forum, everyone gets to say what they want (within the rules) but that doesn't mean a post or opinion is immune from criticism. It's OK to make a post like that, but don't whine at the response.
Share 49erswebzone