• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by walker807:
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
This was and will be a terrible pick.

Shoulda kept Cassius Marsh, amirite.

it is his opinion. so what.. people have a right to their opinions here and unless the rules have changed.. i do not the think the poster making such opinion needs to give a long list of why he thinks that.. here is an idea. instead of getting snarky with 499,, just ask him why he thinks that.. maybe he thinks the guy is a injury risk. or maybe he has seen him play and does not like something about his game that he could cover up in college but not in the nfl. and maybe 499 has seen how this board works with some fans.. even if you say something to justify your opinion about a player. you just get ridiculed and lol at. and maybe he thinks . its not worth it. again very understandable

Saying someone is a terrible pick before the kid has even played a game is a stupid opinion. But he's entitled to it.
maybe he said it based upon some flaw he saw in his college game . people who are crowning bosa as a super star who will break aldons sack record before he has even had a full practice is stupid as well
  • 9moon
  • Veteran

it is his opinion. so what.. people have a right to their opinions here and unless the rules have changed.. i do not the think the poster making such opinion needs to give a long list of why he thinks that.. here is an idea. instead of getting snarky with 499,, just ask him why he thinks that.. maybe he thinks the guy is a injury risk. or maybe he has seen him play and does not like something about his game that he could cover up in college but not in the nfl. and maybe 499 has seen how this board works with some fans.. even if you say something to justify your opinion about a player. you just get ridiculed and lol at. and maybe he thinks . its not worth it. again very understandable

Saying someone is a terrible pick before the kid has even played a game is a stupid opinion. But he's entitled to it.
maybe he said it based upon some flaw he saw in his college game . people who are crowning bosa as a super star who will break aldons sack record before he has even had a full practice is stupid as well

CC, it's rare that we agree here... but it's not a secret how i did not want BOSA and was HOPING we'd trade down to teams who were madly in-love with the Bosas...

But the fact is, he's now a 49er and I really hope he proves me wrong..
of course you are right. i said . this team is still set up to win. we need a vet coach like gruden.holmgren etc to come in here. we got what we got. cc open mind tried to be nice but it was a cluster f**k. and set us back to the extent we are still recovering and picking second. i have no faith trust or confidence in jed. he lucked into jh which gave us the only hope we have had for almost 20 years

See I think Jed's major problem is he trusts the wrong people. He's not a owner who sticks his noise in football stuff a lot. He trusted Baalke WAY too much...In a way Jim also lucked into the team he was given in SF as well. It was chalk full of good vets in their prime. He brought in an amazing staff (which is a big part of being a good HC), but Jim wasn't some amazing Xs and Os guy and IMO his "who's got it better than us" shtick can't fly long-term in the NFL. Love what he did for the team, but I think he's made to be a college coach LT.

I love Kyle's football IQ. I was worried about how he would manage a team and staff when he was a possibility for the job (based on stuff I read that happened in DC). I couldn't have been more wrong about him in that regard. I think we lucked into getting Kyle and I still have my question marks with Lynch and the FO as a whole. I think they're starting to pave the way to having a good young team with a great culture.

IF SF is overall healthy this yr, IMO this team is a 9 win squad. I don't think Kyle is remotely close to having his job on the line. nor should he be

If that's the case then he should explain what he saw and why he will suck (outside of posting the same YouTube clip over and over in here).... again anyone is entitled to saying whatever BUT a 5 word statement with nothing to back it up shouldn't be taking seriously IMO.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 25, 2019 at 6:28 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
of course you are right. i said . this team is still set up to win. we need a vet coach like gruden.holmgren etc to come in here. we got what we got. cc open mind tried to be nice but it was a cluster f**k. and set us back to the extent we are still recovering and picking second. i have no faith trust or confidence in jed. he lucked into jh which gave us the only hope we have had for almost 20 years

See I think Jed's major problem is he trusts the wrong people. He's not a owner who sticks his noise in football stuff a lot. He trusted Baalke WAY too much...In a way Jim also lucked into the team he was given in SF as well. It was chalk full of good vets in their prime. He brought in an amazing staff (which is a big part of being a good HC), but Jim wasn't some amazing Xs and Os guy and IMO his "who's got it better than us" shtick can't fly long-term in the NFL. Love what he did for the team, but I think he's made to be a college coach LT.

I love Kyle's football IQ. I was worried about how he would manage a team and staff when he was a possibility for the job (based on stuff I read that happened in DC). I couldn't have been more wrong about him in that regard. I think we lucked into getting Kyle and I still have my question marks with Lynch and the FO as a whole. I think they're starting to pave the way to having a good young team with a great culture.

IF SF is overall healthy this yr, IMO this team is a 9 win squad. I don't think Kyle is remotely close to having his job on the line. nor should he be

I think it was fate, destiny that brot kyle here. He could have gone elsewhere, but chose to come here. Lots of teams wanted him. But because of his dad here as OC, kyle as balll boy here, watching , waiting, playing WR at my alma mater and then tearing up his knee....so he goes into coaching. He has the genes, the mind for being the best OC out there, He grew up a fan as ball boy...and that drew him back here. Also this was the worst team that really wanted him and i think kyle looked forward to building a SB winner from the ground up and to date we have 42 new guys since kyle arrived.

He was OC at 3 previous stops....so he got a taste for other teams. But it was his team as a kid, the 9ers, that brot him back. After 5-20 yrs of bad luck...really bad luck and esp last 2 yrs of injuries, we are getting good breaks....AZ taking Murray after we beat SEA up there with 1/3 of team on IR....that was completely unexpected. Was it fate? Destiny? IDK, but the 9ers fortunes are definitely on the upswing. But with John Lynch trouble shooting the mess that WAS the last 20 yrs of 49ers, we have been turned around. Now it's is just a matter of when. And once we do get there, i think kyle intends to stay there.

And yes besides kyle's Intelligence, he is also bringing in a new culture...our former culture...lost for the last 20 yrs. All this with a virtually entirely new team...42 new guys or something like that. And the Bosa thing? We had fans wanting us to throw in the towel in that game, but kyle and john wanted a W. So we risked losing Bosa, the perfect DE for our long time needs. And then due to Kyle Murray being out there, AZ comes in and saves our bacon by taking murray #1. That was great luck...was it fate? Destiny? Again, IDK, but you line events up and you have to think fate....or destiny...had a hand in all this. Sure, it was Lynch who figured out all that was wrong, but kyle (and JL) have now righted a lot of those wrongs.

Luck...destiny....fate...wisdom...leadership....culture.... it is all coming together to get us back on track. And most of us can feel it. The old days. the glory days. it is all coming back.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Jun 25, 2019 at 8:11 AM ]

Then he should've put that out there.

Considering what he wrote I highly doubt he took the time to really analyze Bosa's game.
Posting " he sucks" with no reasons or analysis will get you ridiculed. For good reason. It's an opinion based on nothing, which is what the post is worth. It's an open forum, everyone gets to say what they want (within the rules) but that doesn't mean a post or opinion is immune from criticism. It's OK to make a post like that, but don't whine at the response.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Then he should've put that out there.

Considering what he wrote I highly doubt he took the time to really analyze Bosa's game.
i can not argue there
Originally posted by mojave45:
Posting " he sucks" with no reasons or analysis will get you ridiculed. For good reason. It's an opinion based on nothing, which is what the post is worth. It's an open forum, everyone gets to say what they want (within the rules) but that doesn't mean a post or opinion is immune from criticism. It's OK to make a post like that, but don't whine at the response.

Exactly
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Exactly
lawrence phillips sucks. i do not know this for sure. but i suspect even 85 will not ask me to elaborate!!

Exactly
lawrence phillips sucks. i do not know this for sure. but i suspect even 85 will not ask me to elaborate!!

Sucked, past tense, since he killed himself in prison.

welllll that's a rough topic cc

it's also easier to say a players blows after the fact...there's film and off field craziness to back that up.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RTFirefly:

Too bad he couldn't have killed himself before he killed Steve Young huh.

Exactly

THIS!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RTFirefly:

Exactly

he still sucks in the 7th level of hell where he is at now,. where the beast lives in the icy water
Share 49ersWebzone