There are 250 users in the forums

Nick Bosa-DE-Ohio State is a Niner(Politics-free)

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
Originally posted by Giedi:
ShanaLynch were committed to picking Bosa since the Combine!

Bosa should be getting around 33 million guaranteed. 33 million dollar hamstrings!

The team has been committed to the standout defensive end prospect since the Combine, with Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports Bay Area reporting 49ers executive VP of football operations Paraag Maranthe telling Bosa's agent in Indianapolis he would be the 49ers' pick at No. 2 — provided the Cardinals did not take him first overall.
Like Joey Bosa's situation in 2016, offset language serves as one of this deal's holdups, Maiocco adds. The other snag is how the money will be paid out. Nick Bosa's slot price comes in at $33.55MM, and it will be fully guaranteed.
https://www.profootballrumors.com/2019/06/49ers-decided-on-nick-bosa-at-combine

Sounds like we could be in for a long holdout.

Given the family history is this a surprise?

I hate this part of people.

fixed
The whole thing is a non issue. Minor hammy tweak for a rookie and CAA dragging things out. Yawn. He will be stretching and getting back into Football shape prior to Training Camp. Paraag will figure it out with CAA. Of course I do realize the usual suspects probably have a far different take on this to post, whether they believe their own posts or not.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
some people think he is a often injured over rated bust who is a daddys boy and are ripping the niners for not doing their homework on him. no, that is not what i think but it is interesting to see what other fans actually think of our team. lets hope all the positive people here are right about him, because if the naysayers are right about him. then lynch will be fired in my opinion because that would be 3 number ones he has thrown away. again. i was just looking around trying to find some stories outside of the niner bubble and it was interesting
Originally posted by cciowa:
some people think he is a often injured over rated bust who is a daddys boy and are ripping the niners for not doing their homework on him. no, that is not what i think but it is interesting to see what other fans actually think of our team. lets hope all the positive people here are right about him, because if the naysayers are right about him. then lynch will be fired in my opinion because that would be 3 number ones he has thrown away. again. i was just looking around trying to find some stories outside of the niner bubble and it was interesting

it shouldn't be positive people vs negative people...it should be doing your homework on a player and being objective.

Does Bosa have "more" of a risk to get injured? IMO that's kinda a hard thing to answer...it's football and everyone will get hurt. I think if you're coming off a ACL or Achilles (same yr) and you haven't seen how they've played since the injury, that's a red flag and should be looked at more.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
Originally posted by Giedi:
ShanaLynch were committed to picking Bosa since the Combine!

Bosa should be getting around 33 million guaranteed. 33 million dollar hamstrings!

The team has been committed to the standout defensive end prospect since the Combine, with Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports Bay Area reporting 49ers executive VP of football operations Paraag Maranthe telling Bosa's agent in Indianapolis he would be the 49ers' pick at No. 2 — provided the Cardinals did not take him first overall.
Like Joey Bosa's situation in 2016, offset language serves as one of this deal's holdups, Maiocco adds. The other snag is how the money will be paid out. Nick Bosa's slot price comes in at $33.55MM, and it will be fully guaranteed.
https://www.profootballrumors.com/2019/06/49ers-decided-on-nick-bosa-at-combine

Sounds like we could be in for a long holdout.

Given the family history is this a surprise?

I hate this part of sports.

Here's a question that we should consider..

IF he comes in early and gets healthy enough to play all 16 games.. what type of impact do you see him makin??
Originally posted by 9moon:

IF he comes in early and gets healthy enough to play all 16 games.. what type of impact do you see him makin??

He'll definitely have an impact. Even if he isn't as good as we hope he'll still be a big upgrade over what we had. If Ford is also healthy I see that tandem along with Buckner really getting after the QB. I'm not going to predict 55 or 60 sacks but something between 35 and 45 is certainly reasonable.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

it shouldn't be positive people vs negative people...it should be doing your homework on a player and being objective.

Does Bosa have "more" of a risk to get injured? IMO that's kinda a hard thing to answer...it's football and everyone will get hurt. I think if you're coming off a ACL or Achilles (same yr) and you haven't seen how they've played since the injury, that's a red flag and should be looked at more.

I really dont care if people agree or disagree with me but if you're going against the grain you should at least back up your beliefs.
This was and will be a terrible pick.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

I agree and i like the pick very much and i think he will be what we all think he will be, i suppose since our choices of coaches and players have went off the cliff a bit since jh. the niners are under a bigger microscope.. and probably rightfully so.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:

He'll definitely have an impact. Even if he isn't as good as we hope he'll still be a big upgrade over what we had. If Ford is also healthy I see that tandem along with Buckner really getting after the QB. I'm not going to predict 55 or 60 sacks but something between 35 and 45 is certainly reasonable.

agree . big time.. with those three.. i guess all we need is to have thomas or aa be respectable.. even they can do that i think

Originally posted by Waterbear:

I really dont care if people agree or disagree with me but if you're going against the grain you should at least back up your beliefs.

Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:

For example^^ lol

Shoulda kept Cassius Marsh, amirite.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by walker807:

Shoulda kept Cassius Marsh, amirite.

it is his opinion. so what.. people have a right to their opinions here and unless the rules have changed.. i do not the think the poster making such opinion needs to give a long list of why he thinks that.. here is an idea. instead of getting snarky with 499,, just ask him why he thinks that.. maybe he thinks the guy is a injury risk. or maybe he has seen him play and does not like something about his game that he could cover up in college but not in the nfl. and maybe 499 has seen how this board works with some fans.. even if you say something to justify your opinion about a player. you just get ridiculed and lol at. and maybe he thinks . its not worth it. again very understandable
it is his opinion. so what.. people have a right to their opinions here and unless the rules have changed.. i do not the think the poster making such opinion needs to give a long list of why he thinks that.. here is an idea. instead of getting snarky with 499,, just ask him why he thinks that.. maybe he thinks the guy is a injury risk. or maybe he has seen him play and does not like something about his game that he could cover up in college but not in the nfl. and maybe 499 has seen how this board works with some fans.. even if you say something to justify your opinion about a player. you just get ridiculed and lol at. and maybe he thinks . its not worth it. again very understandable

sure I mean, I can say the world is flat....just because and that's my opinion. Don't expect many people to listen to your opinion or take you seriously unless you back it up beyond saying "he sucks ca use I said so"

People might get a little pissed at so and so for taking the negative spin...it is a 49er fan forum duh Most will be objective about it especially IF you back it up with some sort of facts.
I agree and i like the pick very much and i think he will be what we all think he will be, i suppose since our choices of coaches and players have went off the cliff a bit since jh. the niners are under a bigger microscope.. and probably rightfully so.

Ahhhh did you not remember the overall draft sections when Harbs was here? It wasn't amazing by any means.
Share 49erswebzone