There are 485 users in the forums

Nick Bosa-DE-Ohio State is a Niner(Politics-free)

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
I have no idea why you guys keep interacting with him. I put him on ignore forever ago. This site is supposed to be fun, and people who are only here to irritate aren't much fun. It's more fun to discuss/agree/disagree with people who interact intelligently, respectfully, and who know something about football. I find when the agitators are ignored for long enough, they just go away, or they go full-on Fatal Attraction and have a ban-inducing meltdown.

I had him on ignore for a while but decided to clear my ignore list after the draft. I may rethink that.

NY already admitted he was wrong on the topic so that's done (then here you go behind him and he's ready to rehash a dead topic all of a sudden ) .....and I agree with the mod. If you can't take being corrected just put someone on ignore and only read and reread posts from the same 2 or 3 people you already agree heavily with on everything.

I generally dont reply to posts I agree with. I reply to things I don't agree with or bring a different outlook than what's already been said.

Post #3041 I just a couple pages ago I disagreed heavily with ronniefreakinlott42 on a subject but you dont even notice. You only complain about stuff with NY as if I don't give everyone the same treatment. Is there something you 2 aren't telling us?

Nothing's going to chill out or whatever from that,...much the same way nothing's going to chill out from you taking me off of block only to get back to complaining about me instead of what I think or post about the team.

Stop wasting even more space than you already do, use your block well, and get back on the topic, which is the 49ers team, not posting styles and what you prefer on your message board.

Now back to Bosa. How was his workout today?
Originally posted by random49er:
NY already admitted he was wrong on the topic so that's done (then here you go behind him and he's ready to rehash a dead topic all of a sudden ) .....and I agree with the mod. If you can't take being corrected just put someone on ignore and only read and reread posts from the same 2 or 3 people you already agree heavily with on everything.

I generally dont reply to posts I agree with. I reply to things I don't agree with or bring a different outlook than what's already been said.

Post #3041 I just a couple pages ago I disagreed heavily with ronniefreakinlott42 on a subject but you dont even notice. You only complain about stuff with NY as if I don't give everyone the same treatment. Is there something you 2 aren't telling us?

Nothing's going to chill out or whatever from that,...much the same way nothing's going to chill out from you taking me off of block only to get back to complaining about me instead of what I think or post about the team.

Stop wasting even more space than you already do, use your block well, and get back on the topic, which is the 49ers team, not posting styles and what you prefer on your message board.

Now back to Bosa. How was his workout today?

Bosa probably had a productive day working out and working on improving his flexibility? You really expected a fast twitch athlete to return after 8 months of doing nothing, step onto a football field with the best athletes in the world, and not get hurt?

This only surprises people who have no idea what they're talking about.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,590
ShanaLynch were committed to picking Bosa since the Combine!

Bosa should be getting around 33 million guaranteed. 33 million dollar hamstrings!

The team has been committed to the standout defensive end prospect since the Combine, with Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports Bay Area reporting 49ers executive VP of football operations Paraag Maranthe telling Bosa's agent in Indianapolis he would be the 49ers' pick at No. 2 — provided the Cardinals did not take him first overall.
Like Joey Bosa's situation in 2016, offset language serves as one of this deal's holdups, Maiocco adds. The other snag is how the money will be paid out. Nick Bosa's slot price comes in at $33.55MM, and it will be fully guaranteed.
https://www.profootballrumors.com/2019/06/49ers-decided-on-nick-bosa-at-combine
.
So WRATH, NY and others who got a glimpse of OTAs/minicamp....

I tried to ignore the SoundCloud with Daniel Jeremiah's interview and something was mentioned about what Bosa was doing that caused the hammy strain; they indicated it was a simple get-off, nothing complicated and was surprised that he strained himself doing something so basic.

I know for many this is no big deal, I just thought that added piece of info was .. interesting. I'm not slamming Bosa or trying to make OTAs something more than they are, it's just that it wasn't like a pass rush drill against Staley or McG or something and was curious about your thoughts .....
Originally posted by NinerGM:
So WRATH, NY and others who got a glimpse of OTAs/minicamp....

I tried to ignore the SoundCloud with Daniel Jeremiah's interview and something was mentioned about what Bosa was doing that caused the hammy strain; they indicated it was a simple get-off, nothing complicated and was surprised that he strained himself doing something so basic.

I know for many this is no big deal, I just thought that added piece of info was .. interesting. I'm not slamming Bosa or trying to make OTAs something more than they are, it's just that it wasn't like a pass rush drill against Staley or McG or something and was curious about your thoughts .....

I didn't see it so I got no clue I also think a lot of rookies who haven't been training for football come in early in camp and pull stuff...we see it every yr around the league.

Dude needs to get a routine and get back into football shape. I'm not really concerned but others are for their own reasons
Originally posted by Giedi:
ShanaLynch were committed to picking Bosa since the Combine!

Bosa should be getting around 33 million guaranteed. 33 million dollar hamstrings!

The team has been committed to the standout defensive end prospect since the Combine, with Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports Bay Area reporting 49ers executive VP of football operations Paraag Maranthe telling Bosa's agent in Indianapolis he would be the 49ers' pick at No. 2 — provided the Cardinals did not take him first overall.
Like Joey Bosa's situation in 2016, offset language serves as one of this deal's holdups, Maiocco adds. The other snag is how the money will be paid out. Nick Bosa's slot price comes in at $33.55MM, and it will be fully guaranteed.
https://www.profootballrumors.com/2019/06/49ers-decided-on-nick-bosa-at-combine
.

Sounds like we could be in for a long holdout.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 25,141
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
Originally posted by Giedi:
ShanaLynch were committed to picking Bosa since the Combine!

Bosa should be getting around 33 million guaranteed. 33 million dollar hamstrings!

The team has been committed to the standout defensive end prospect since the Combine, with Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports Bay Area reporting 49ers executive VP of football operations Paraag Maranthe telling Bosa's agent in Indianapolis he would be the 49ers' pick at No. 2 — provided the Cardinals did not take him first overall.
Like Joey Bosa's situation in 2016, offset language serves as one of this deal's holdups, Maiocco adds. The other snag is how the money will be paid out. Nick Bosa's slot price comes in at $33.55MM, and it will be fully guaranteed.
https://www.profootballrumors.com/2019/06/49ers-decided-on-nick-bosa-at-combine
.

Sounds like we could be in for a long holdout.

Given the family history is this a surprise?
Originally posted by NinerGM:
So WRATH, NY and others who got a glimpse of OTAs/minicamp....

I tried to ignore the SoundCloud with Daniel Jeremiah's interview and something was mentioned about what Bosa was doing that caused the hammy strain; they indicated it was a simple get-off, nothing complicated and was surprised that he strained himself doing something so basic.

I know for many this is no big deal, I just thought that added piece of info was .. interesting. I'm not slamming Bosa or trying to make OTAs something more than they are, it's just that it wasn't like a pass rush drill against Staley or McG or something and was curious about your thoughts .....

I didn't see it, but the get off is often the most explosive part of the play for a DE. I am guessing that the pre-draft dog-and-pony show took him out of his routine. It usually takes about 72 hours to fully hydrate soft tissue. If he was flying a lot, he was probably dehydrated. Dyhydrated tissue injures more easily and heals more slowly. He was probably missing a lot of workouts because of the travel/visit schedule, and maintenance workouts often cut some mobility work to focus the limited workout time on preventing muscular atrophy. The combination of slight deconditioning, slight loss of elasticity, slight dehydration, and a profound desire to impress in his first week in the NFL could have put him at risk to strain the muscle.

A 1st degree strain isn't a big deal, but the hammies are so big and troublesome that I think they were right to put him on the shelf and let it heal all the way.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I didn't see it so I got no clue I also think a lot of rookies who haven't been training for football come in early in camp and pull stuff...we see it every yr around the league.

Dude needs to get a routine and get back into football shape. I'm not really concerned but others are for their own reasons


Originally posted by WRATHman44:
I didn't see it, but the get off is often the most explosive part of the play for a DE. I am guessing that the pre-draft dog-and-pony show took him out of his routine. It usually takes about 72 hours to fully hydrate soft tissue. If he was flying a lot, he was probably dehydrated. Dyhydrated tissue injures more easily and heals more slowly. He was probably missing a lot of workouts because of the travel/visit schedule, and maintenance workouts often cut some mobility work to focus the limited workout time on preventing muscular atrophy. The combination of slight deconditioning, slight loss of elasticity, slight dehydration, and a profound desire to impress in his first week in the NFL could have put him at risk to strain the muscle.

A 1st degree strain isn't a big deal, but the hammies are so big and troublesome that I think they were right to put him on the shelf and let it heal all the way.

Thanks guys. I'm not concerned but there was a hope that they would get him on a regular routine where he can get back to football shape. Here's hoping this is just a speed bump :).
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,590
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
So WRATH, NY and others who got a glimpse of OTAs/minicamp....

I tried to ignore the SoundCloud with Daniel Jeremiah's interview and something was mentioned about what Bosa was doing that caused the hammy strain; they indicated it was a simple get-off, nothing complicated and was surprised that he strained himself doing something so basic.

I know for many this is no big deal, I just thought that added piece of info was .. interesting. I'm not slamming Bosa or trying to make OTAs something more than they are, it's just that it wasn't like a pass rush drill against Staley or McG or something and was curious about your thoughts .....

I didn't see it so I got no clue I also think a lot of rookies who haven't been training for football come in early in camp and pull stuff...we see it every yr around the league.

Dude needs to get a routine and get back into football shape. I'm not really concerned but others are for their own reasons

  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,590
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
Originally posted by Giedi:
ShanaLynch were committed to picking Bosa since the Combine!

Bosa should be getting around 33 million guaranteed. 33 million dollar hamstrings!

The team has been committed to the standout defensive end prospect since the Combine, with Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports Bay Area reporting 49ers executive VP of football operations Paraag Maranthe telling Bosa's agent in Indianapolis he would be the 49ers' pick at No. 2 — provided the Cardinals did not take him first overall.
Like Joey Bosa's situation in 2016, offset language serves as one of this deal's holdups, Maiocco adds. The other snag is how the money will be paid out. Nick Bosa's slot price comes in at $33.55MM, and it will be fully guaranteed.
https://www.profootballrumors.com/2019/06/49ers-decided-on-nick-bosa-at-combine
.

Sounds like we could be in for a long holdout.

Given the family history is this a surprise?

49ers have plenty of cap space and need wins, so I don't think it will be a problem. Paraag will just front load the heck out of the darn thing and all will be well!

Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
Sounds like we could be in for a long holdout.


Originally posted by Crown:
Given the family history is this a surprise?

People need to understand who represents these players....CAA agency is notorious for making players wait until the last min (currently they rep 4 of the last 6 1st rd players still not signed). The whole family history thing is nonsense. It's CAA's history that needs to be looked at when talking about this stuff.

Go look at Thomas, McG, and Garnett. They all have the same representation as the Bosas' and all of them didn't sign until late Jul, plus it was all over offset and how money would be paid out (as well). The fact that this FO has worked with CAA a lot & they knew Bosa would be the pick (if there) since the combine...makes me believe they're just fine when it comes to his representation and getting something done before it actually becomes a holdout...which it's not even close to that right now.

Hell Deebo is ALSO represented by CAA and he's a 2nd rd pick STILL not signed...yet no one is talking about that?
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 24, 2019 at 5:21 AM ]
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
I didn't see it, but the get off is often the most explosive part of the play for a DE. I am guessing that the pre-draft dog-and-pony show took him out of his routine. It usually takes about 72 hours to fully hydrate soft tissue. If he was flying a lot, he was probably dehydrated. Dyhydrated tissue injures more easily and heals more slowly. He was probably missing a lot of workouts because of the travel/visit schedule, and maintenance workouts often cut some mobility work to focus the limited workout time on preventing muscular atrophy. The combination of slight deconditioning, slight loss of elasticity, slight dehydration, and a profound desire to impress in his first week in the NFL could have put him at risk to strain the muscle.

A 1st degree strain isn't a big deal, but the hammies are so big and troublesome that I think they were right to put him on the shelf and let it heal all the way.

I hope he signs soon and starts a fabulous career.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I hope he signs soon and starts a fabulous career.

I hopes he signs whenever (preferably anytime before training camp) and then has a fabulous career
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 24, 2019 at 8:39 AM ]
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
Originally posted by Giedi:
ShanaLynch were committed to picking Bosa since the Combine!

Bosa should be getting around 33 million guaranteed. 33 million dollar hamstrings!

The team has been committed to the standout defensive end prospect since the Combine, with Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports Bay Area reporting 49ers executive VP of football operations Paraag Maranthe telling Bosa's agent in Indianapolis he would be the 49ers' pick at No. 2 — provided the Cardinals did not take him first overall.
Like Joey Bosa's situation in 2016, offset language serves as one of this deal's holdups, Maiocco adds. The other snag is how the money will be paid out. Nick Bosa's slot price comes in at $33.55MM, and it will be fully guaranteed.
https://www.profootballrumors.com/2019/06/49ers-decided-on-nick-bosa-at-combine
.

Sounds like we could be in for a long holdout.

Given the family history is this a surprise?

I hate this part of sports.
Share 49erswebzone