LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
I have no idea why you guys keep interacting with him. I put him on ignore forever ago. This site is supposed to be fun, and people who are only here to irritate aren't much fun. It's more fun to discuss/agree/disagree with people who interact intelligently, respectfully, and who know something about football. I find when the agitators are ignored for long enough, they just go away, or they go full-on Fatal Attraction and have a ban-inducing meltdown.

Truth man!
I have no idea why you guys keep interacting with him. I put him on ignore forever ago. This site is supposed to be fun, and people who are only here to irritate aren't much fun. It's more fun to discuss/agree/disagree with people who interact intelligently, respectfully, and who know something about football. I find when the agitators are ignored for long enough, they just go away, or they go full-on Fatal Attraction and have a ban-inducing meltdown.

Originally posted by random49er:
NY already admitted he was wrong on the topic so that's done (then here you go behind him and he's ready to rehash a dead topic all of a sudden ) .....and I agree with the mod. If you can't take being corrected just put someone on ignore and only read and reread posts from the same 2 or 3 people you already agree heavily with on everything.

I generally dont reply to posts I agree with. I reply to things I don't agree with or bring a different outlook than what's already been said.

Post #3041 I just a couple pages ago I disagreed heavily with ronniefreakinlott42 on a subject but you dont even notice. You only complain about stuff with NY as if I don't give everyone the same treatment. Is there something you 2 aren't telling us?

Nothing's going to chill out or whatever from that,...much the same way nothing's going to chill out from you taking me off of block only to get back to complaining about me instead of what I think or post about the team.

Stop wasting even more space than you already do, use your block well, and get back on the topic, which is the 49ers team, not posting styles and what you prefer on your message board.

Now back to Bosa. How was his workout today?

I did not say I was wrong...don't lie.

I said "I will agree we won't know 100% until we see him on the field"
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 21, 2019 at 6:11 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:
Rookie Aldon Smith - 14 sacks,

Nick Bosa? - I'm betting he'll get close to Aldon's record - but he won't beat Aldon's rookie sack record.

I'm still of the opinion Aldon Smith was average at best. It was apparent he benefited immensely from cowboy getting double teamed (and holding o linemen regularly).

I'm glad that Cowboy was such a great player for us, but don't blindly assume that a # of other players could have taken Aldon Smith's place and "got there" as often as he did. He wasn't the 1st or the only player to play on the line with Justin.

Aldon's athleticism to finish the job on plays was fully on display over and over. Alot of others close on the QB only to have them get rid of the ball. That's what separates the old Aldon from many others and you just don't get one of those very often. Don't expect the same ceiling out of Bosa,...but don't expect him to be arrested and publicly intoxicated over and over while in his prime either.

I don't see why I can't say he *can* either. Nobody knows - including the coaches - how Bosa is going to handle the NFL and the level of competition yet. That's what pre-season is about. To see what we got. Having said that, again, the difference between a Kerrigan and a Charles Haley or Fred Dean is more mental than physical. Also another factor is how creative Saleh is in getting Bosa in position to do some damage on offenses.

For example, I remember Seifert doing some well timed inside blitzes from the ILB position anticipating the DT (Buckner) being doubled and the LEO (Dean/Haley/Bosa) being chipped by the RB in helping the left tackle. The pass pro rules say that in the case of an inside blitz. the Left OT has to block the ILB and that leaves Bosa/Dean one on one with the RB.

If I was the DC, I'd be moving Bosa to go against the weakest pass protection OLinemen the opposing team has if it's long yardage. For example, if Saleh was going against our OLinemen, I wouldn't hesitate at all in matching up Bosa against any of our Guards or our Center. Matching Bosa against either Staley or McGlinchy would neutralize his effectiveness in my opinion.

Bosa vs Ethan Pocic

I hope Bosa has a five sack game against him!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
I don't see why I can't say he *can* either. Nobody knows - including the coaches - how Bosa is going to handle the NFL and the level of competition yet. That's what pre-season is about. To see what we got. Having said that, again, the difference between a Kerrigan and a Charles Haley or Fred Dean is more mental than physical. Also another factor is how creative Saleh is in getting Bosa in position to do some damage on offenses.

For example, I remember Seifert doing some well timed inside blitzes from the ILB position anticipating the DT (Buckner) being doubled and the LEO (Dean/Haley/Bosa) being chipped by the RB in helping the left tackle. The pass pro rules say that in the case of an inside blitz. the Left OT has to block the ILB and that leaves Bosa/Dean one on one with the RB.

If I was the DC, I'd be moving Bosa to go against the weakest pass protection OLinemen the opposing team has if it's long yardage. For example, if Saleh was going against our OLinemen, I wouldn't hesitate at all in matching up Bosa against any of our Guards or our Center. Matching Bosa against either Staley or McGlinchy would neutralize his effectiveness in my opinion.
With Bosa, DeFo, and Ford, that's three guys with different traits that Saleh should be able to move around and find a favorable matchup. Bosa with strength, Ford with speed, DeFo with a bit of everything.

That's *if* Saleh is creative enough!

Those guys are talented enough that Saleh doesn't need to get too cute. They should be able to consistently win their matchups.

If I was Saleh, I'd line up Armstead as a 2i on pass-rush downs and force the center to take him as much as possible. Make him the plugger and give Bosa, Ford and Defo one-on-one with space to work from their wide splits.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jun 21, 2019 at 9:22 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:

Those guys are talented enough that Saleh doesn't need to get too cute. They should be able to consistently win their matchups.

If I was Saleh, I'd line up Armstead as a 2i on pass-rush downs and force the center to take him as much as possible. Make him the plugger and give Bosa, Ford and Defo one-on-ones from with space to work from their wide splits.

Rule 1. Be respectful of our online community. Contribute to an engaging conversation rather than resort to personal attacks, threats, or anything that may be considered offensive.

So far it is only time outs. Try to be more pleasant and less argumentative please.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by walker807:
Originally posted by Heroism:

If I was Saleh, I'd line up Armstead as a 2i on pass-rush downs and force the center to take him as much as possible. Make him the plugger and give Bosa, Ford and Defo one-on-ones from with space to work from their wide splits.

.. Maybe, just maybe, Saleh needs to grow his hair so that he can look more like Andre Agassi when he was younger... lol...

.. but anyhow, IT'S possible that Saleh had already tried to use Aweak ArmHurts as a 2i on passing downs but it just that he sucks so much that it didn't work.. we seem to have the talent NOW with our front four.. there should not be any more excuses this year for our DC if everyone stays healthy..
Originally posted by genus49:

I had him on ignore for a while but decided to clear my ignore list after the draft. I may rethink that.

NY already admitted he was wrong on the topic so that's done (then here you go behind him and he's ready to rehash a dead topic all of a sudden ) .....and I agree with the mod. If you can't take being corrected just put someone on ignore and only read and reread posts from the same 2 or 3 people you already agree heavily with on everything.

I generally dont reply to posts I agree with. I reply to things I don't agree with or bring a different outlook than what's already been said.

Post #3041 I just a couple pages ago I disagreed heavily with ronniefreakinlott42 on a subject but you dont even notice. You only complain about stuff with NY as if I don't give everyone the same treatment. Is there something you 2 aren't telling us?

Nothing's going to chill out or whatever from that,...much the same way nothing's going to chill out from you taking me off of block only to get back to complaining about me instead of what I think or post about the team.

Stop wasting even more space than you already do, use your block well, and get back on the topic, which is the 49ers team, not posting styles and what you prefer on your message board.

Bosa probably had a productive day working out and working on improving his flexibility? You really expected a fast twitch athlete to return after 8 months of doing nothing, step onto a football field with the best athletes in the world, and not get hurt?

This only surprises people who have no idea what they're talking about.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
ShanaLynch were committed to picking Bosa since the Combine!

Bosa should be getting around 33 million guaranteed. 33 million dollar hamstrings!

The team has been committed to the standout defensive end prospect since the Combine, with Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports Bay Area reporting 49ers executive VP of football operations Paraag Maranthe telling Bosa's agent in Indianapolis he would be the 49ers' pick at No. 2 — provided the Cardinals did not take him first overall.
Like Joey Bosa's situation in 2016, offset language serves as one of this deal's holdups, Maiocco adds. The other snag is how the money will be paid out. Nick Bosa's slot price comes in at $33.55MM, and it will be fully guaranteed.
https://www.profootballrumors.com/2019/06/49ers-decided-on-nick-bosa-at-combine
Originally posted by NinerGM:
So WRATH, NY and others who got a glimpse of OTAs/minicamp....

I tried to ignore the SoundCloud with Daniel Jeremiah's interview and something was mentioned about what Bosa was doing that caused the hammy strain; they indicated it was a simple get-off, nothing complicated and was surprised that he strained himself doing something so basic.

I know for many this is no big deal, I just thought that added piece of info was .. interesting. I'm not slamming Bosa or trying to make OTAs something more than they are, it's just that it wasn't like a pass rush drill against Staley or McG or something and was curious about your thoughts .....

I didn't see it so I got no clue I also think a lot of rookies who haven't been training for football come in early in camp and pull stuff...we see it every yr around the league.

Dude needs to get a routine and get back into football shape. I'm not really concerned but others are for their own reasons

Bosa should be getting around 33 million guaranteed. 33 million dollar hamstrings!

The team has been committed to the standout defensive end prospect since the Combine, with Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports Bay Area reporting 49ers executive VP of football operations Paraag Maranthe telling Bosa's agent in Indianapolis he would be the 49ers' pick at No. 2 — provided the Cardinals did not take him first overall.
Like Joey Bosa's situation in 2016, offset language serves as one of this deal's holdups, Maiocco adds. The other snag is how the money will be paid out. Nick Bosa's slot price comes in at $33.55MM, and it will be fully guaranteed.

Sounds like we could be in for a long holdout.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:

Sounds like we could be in for a long holdout.

Given the family history is this a surprise?
Originally posted by NinerGM:
So WRATH, NY and others who got a glimpse of OTAs/minicamp....

I tried to ignore the SoundCloud with Daniel Jeremiah's interview and something was mentioned about what Bosa was doing that caused the hammy strain; they indicated it was a simple get-off, nothing complicated and was surprised that he strained himself doing something so basic.

I know for many this is no big deal, I just thought that added piece of info was .. interesting. I'm not slamming Bosa or trying to make OTAs something more than they are, it's just that it wasn't like a pass rush drill against Staley or McG or something and was curious about your thoughts .....

I didn't see it, but the get off is often the most explosive part of the play for a DE. I am guessing that the pre-draft dog-and-pony show took him out of his routine. It usually takes about 72 hours to fully hydrate soft tissue. If he was flying a lot, he was probably dehydrated. Dyhydrated tissue injures more easily and heals more slowly. He was probably missing a lot of workouts because of the travel/visit schedule, and maintenance workouts often cut some mobility work to focus the limited workout time on preventing muscular atrophy. The combination of slight deconditioning, slight loss of elasticity, slight dehydration, and a profound desire to impress in his first week in the NFL could have put him at risk to strain the muscle.

A 1st degree strain isn't a big deal, but the hammies are so big and troublesome that I think they were right to put him on the shelf and let it heal all the way.
Share 49ersWebzone