There are 372 users in the forums

Nick Bosa-DE-Ohio State is a Niner(Politics-free)

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨
Remember when rookies were getting $70 million contracts lol
[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Jun 20, 2019 at 12:47 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Remember when rookies were getting $70 million contracts lol

Sam Bradford does lol...dude has made over $100+ million for doing jack squat.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Remember when rookies were getting $70 million contracts lol

Sam Bradford does lol...dude has made over $100+ million for doing jack squat.

What are Alex Smiffs numbers?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by swaccmac1:
I would want an agent who's trying to get as much as he can for his client. I think most of the posters in here would want the same thing. most of the others are probably hypocrites. #get all u can bosa.

Not only that, these agent get like what 4% of their clients money?

Also, they need to show future clients (when recruiting prospects) that they will do just that...get you the maximum amount of cash/security... which is stupid important in a game where the avg player plays 3 yrs.


it all makes sense to me
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Remember when rookies were getting $70 million contracts lol

Sam Bradford does lol...dude has made over $100+ million for doing jack squat.

What are Alex Smiffs numbers?

as of now career earnings are $187 million
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Remember when rookies were getting $70 million contracts lol

Sam Bradford does lol...dude has made over $100+ million for doing jack squat.

That rule change on rookie salary cap was VERY smart.

Some would make more than really solid players who couldn't get the financial compensation they deserved because so much money went to unproven rookies.
Remember when we had to trade out of the #3 spot because we didn't have the cap space?
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,396
Originally posted by DASeiler49:
Remember when we had to trade out of the #3 spot because we didn't have the cap space?

WAS it the 3 spot, or a WR (Flemming was it??) that we had to drop after drafting him because we didn't have the money to sign the rooke??
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Remember when rookies were getting $70 million contracts lol

Sam Bradford does lol...dude has made over $100+ million for doing jack squat.

That rule change on rookie salary cap was VERY smart.

Some would make more than really solid players who couldn't get the financial compensation they deserved because so much money went to unproven rookies.

Yeah it was very dumb...unproven rookies making more than NFL vets
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
That rule change on rookie salary cap was VERY obvious.

Some would make more than really solid players who couldn't get the financial compensation they deserved because so much money went to unproven rookies.
FIFY

Just curious as I don't really care when Bosa signs so long as he does so before camp. What if something nuts happened knock on wood? Like a car accident or some crazy stuff from his past. Could the team opt to not sign him at all? This is absolutely worst case scenario but, if a player holds out isn't this a remote possibility. I know our pick would just be wated but it seems in the strangest of cases this could happen and the agent would've screwed their client.
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I quoted half of the article earlier in here and that's why I said what I did. Feel free to back track through the message board and find it for yourself. I told you prior that's where I got the info from (regarding him working out in FL and with whom).


Huh? You said/suggested he wouldn't be going to Florida to train with his brother if his hamstring wasn't fine.

Obviously I disagree. What's more to be said? Clear it up or let it go as just another silly comment.

Edit:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
nah he's gonna be good for training camp...he's working out with his brother in FL for a month. IF he was truly hurt he wouldn't be "working out"
Dude is fine.

???

Unless you have some recent "film" of his workouts,....we don't know dude is fine, as injuries can be nagging. We just hope so and we'll find out.

You need to calm down with your posting style and accusatory tone all over this place.

You seem to have a habit of scurrying the board looking for little nuggets of hyperbole to pounce on and act like you're somehow superior to the other posters on here.

We heard it all through the draft process when you pretty much claimed talking about prospects athletic ability before the combine was useless because it was speculation. You jumped in there when I brought up that Bradley Chubb had more snaps in college than Nick Bosa and called me out on ignoring you when I was busy an unable to check the boards then you own "proof" showed you were wrong and then you conveniently ignored that.

Don't act like you're superior that other posters on here. You're not. If someone makes an overblown statement why do you care? The point NY was trying to make in his OPINION(something we're all entitled to) that if his hamstring issue was a legit problem that he likely wouldn't be working out with his brother during this time off. It doesn't mean the guy can't travel across the country to stay with his brother and it doesn't mean he can't workout other parts of his body while his hamstring heals but I'm sure NY was talking about the standard workouts NFL players do in the offseason...which is very lower body heavy which if a hamstring issue is serious is not happening.

So calm the f down and stop the condescending posts. It's the slowest time of the season so if people want to speculate we have mods who can police the forum. We don't need you coming in and telling people to hang back on posting and wait to find out what's what.
Originally posted by jvangeystel:
Just curious as I don't really care when Bosa signs so long as he does so before camp. What if something nuts happened knock on wood? Like a car accident or some crazy stuff from his past. Could the team opt to not sign him at all? This is absolutely worst case scenario but, if a player holds out isn't this a remote possibility. I know our pick would just be wated but it seems in the strangest of cases this could happen and the agent would've screwed their client.

They're insured pretty well which is why they practice during OTAs and minicamps.
Originally posted by vermonator:
I wouldn't go as far as to say that Aldon's stats were inflated by Justin Smith, but with all do respect... to think he didn't benefit from Justin's presence is just ridiculous. Aldon's sack totals dropped considerably without Justin by his side. Injuries or not, Justin would take a lot of double teams. Look again at the middle video against the Patriots. Who is the second guy on top of Brady? Yep, that's Cowboy! If Aldon didn't get him, Justin would have. It was a great tandem and we shouldn't take away credit from either of them.
Peace!

When Cowboy got hurt, Aldon also suffered a torn labrum. He played through it, but with so much of his game derived from powerful hand strikes, his production obviously took a massive dip. Everyone attributing his decline primarily to Cowboy's injury is lazy revisionist history. I'm not taking anything away from Cowboy, either. He was the most physically dominant defender I've seen since Reggie White, and one of my favorite 49ers from the last 15 years.
Originally posted by genus49:
You need to calm down with your posting style and accusatory tone all over this place.

You seem to have a habit of scurrying the board looking for little nuggets of hyperbole to pounce on and act like you're somehow superior to the other posters on here.

We heard it all through the draft process when you pretty much claimed talking about prospects athletic ability before the combine was useless because it was speculation. You jumped in there when I brought up that Bradley Chubb had more snaps in college than Nick Bosa and called me out on ignoring you when I was busy an unable to check the boards then you own "proof" showed you were wrong and then you conveniently ignored that.

Don't act like you're superior that other posters on here. You're not. If someone makes an overblown statement why do you care? The point NY was trying to make in his OPINION(something we're all entitled to) that if his hamstring issue was a legit problem that he likely wouldn't be working out with his brother during this time off. It doesn't mean the guy can't travel across the country to stay with his brother and it doesn't mean he can't workout other parts of his body while his hamstring heals but I'm sure NY was talking about the standard workouts NFL players do in the offseason...which is very lower body heavy which if a hamstring issue is serious is not happening.

So calm the f down and stop the condescending posts. It's the slowest time of the season so if people want to speculate we have mods who can police the forum. We don't need you coming in and telling people to hang back on posting and wait to find out what's what.

He knew exactly the point I was trying to make...I was basing it off an article that talked about how they will be working out, focusing on making soft-tissue injuries less likely in the future.

Yes it's just an opinion...don't think it's outlandish (like random says) to think if his injury was serious, he's probably gonna be recovering at home and not working out like they stated in the article.

just making something out of nothing. whatever at this point....we will find out more once he's back on the field.
Share 49erswebzone