LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Remember when we had to trade out of the #3 spot because we didn't have the cap space?
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DASeiler49:
Remember when we had to trade out of the #3 spot because we didn't have the cap space?

WAS it the 3 spot, or a WR (Flemming was it??) that we had to drop after drafting him because we didn't have the money to sign the rooke??
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Remember when rookies were getting $70 million contracts lol

Sam Bradford does lol...dude has made over $100+ million for doing jack squat.

That rule change on rookie salary cap was VERY smart.

Some would make more than really solid players who couldn't get the financial compensation they deserved because so much money went to unproven rookies.

Yeah it was very dumb...unproven rookies making more than NFL vets
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
That rule change on rookie salary cap was VERY obvious.

Some would make more than really solid players who couldn't get the financial compensation they deserved because so much money went to unproven rookies.
FIFY
Just curious as I don't really care when Bosa signs so long as he does so before camp. What if something nuts happened knock on wood? Like a car accident or some crazy stuff from his past. Could the team opt to not sign him at all? This is absolutely worst case scenario but, if a player holds out isn't this a remote possibility. I know our pick would just be wated but it seems in the strangest of cases this could happen and the agent would've screwed their client.
Originally posted by random49er:
I quoted half of the article earlier in here and that's why I said what I did. Feel free to back track through the message board and find it for yourself. I told you prior that's where I got the info from (regarding him working out in FL and with whom).

Huh? You said/suggested he wouldn't be going to Florida to train with his brother if his hamstring wasn't fine.

Obviously I disagree. What's more to be said? Clear it up or let it go as just another silly comment.

Edit:
nah he's gonna be good for training camp...he's working out with his brother in FL for a month. IF he was truly hurt he wouldn't be "working out"
Dude is fine.

???

Unless you have some recent "film" of his workouts,....we don't know dude is fine, as injuries can be nagging. We just hope so and we'll find out.

You need to calm down with your posting style and accusatory tone all over this place.

You seem to have a habit of scurrying the board looking for little nuggets of hyperbole to pounce on and act like you're somehow superior to the other posters on here.

We heard it all through the draft process when you pretty much claimed talking about prospects athletic ability before the combine was useless because it was speculation. You jumped in there when I brought up that Bradley Chubb had more snaps in college than Nick Bosa and called me out on ignoring you when I was busy an unable to check the boards then you own "proof" showed you were wrong and then you conveniently ignored that.

Don't act like you're superior that other posters on here. You're not. If someone makes an overblown statement why do you care? The point NY was trying to make in his OPINION(something we're all entitled to) that if his hamstring issue was a legit problem that he likely wouldn't be working out with his brother during this time off. It doesn't mean the guy can't travel across the country to stay with his brother and it doesn't mean he can't workout other parts of his body while his hamstring heals but I'm sure NY was talking about the standard workouts NFL players do in the offseason...which is very lower body heavy which if a hamstring issue is serious is not happening.

So calm the f down and stop the condescending posts. It's the slowest time of the season so if people want to speculate we have mods who can police the forum. We don't need you coming in and telling people to hang back on posting and wait to find out what's what.
Originally posted by jvangeystel:
Just curious as I don't really care when Bosa signs so long as he does so before camp. What if something nuts happened knock on wood? Like a car accident or some crazy stuff from his past. Could the team opt to not sign him at all? This is absolutely worst case scenario but, if a player holds out isn't this a remote possibility. I know our pick would just be wated but it seems in the strangest of cases this could happen and the agent would've screwed their client.

They're insured pretty well which is why they practice during OTAs and minicamps.
Originally posted by vermonator:
I wouldn't go as far as to say that Aldon's stats were inflated by Justin Smith, but with all do respect... to think he didn't benefit from Justin's presence is just ridiculous. Aldon's sack totals dropped considerably without Justin by his side. Injuries or not, Justin would take a lot of double teams. Look again at the middle video against the Patriots. Who is the second guy on top of Brady? Yep, that's Cowboy! If Aldon didn't get him, Justin would have. It was a great tandem and we shouldn't take away credit from either of them.
Peace!

When Cowboy got hurt, Aldon also suffered a torn labrum. He played through it, but with so much of his game derived from powerful hand strikes, his production obviously took a massive dip. Everyone attributing his decline primarily to Cowboy's injury is lazy revisionist history. I'm not taking anything away from Cowboy, either. He was the most physically dominant defender I've seen since Reggie White, and one of my favorite 49ers from the last 15 years.
Originally posted by genus49:
You need to calm down with your posting style and accusatory tone all over this place.

You seem to have a habit of scurrying the board looking for little nuggets of hyperbole to pounce on and act like you're somehow superior to the other posters on here.

We heard it all through the draft process when you pretty much claimed talking about prospects athletic ability before the combine was useless because it was speculation. You jumped in there when I brought up that Bradley Chubb had more snaps in college than Nick Bosa and called me out on ignoring you when I was busy an unable to check the boards then you own "proof" showed you were wrong and then you conveniently ignored that.

Don't act like you're superior that other posters on here. You're not. If someone makes an overblown statement why do you care? The point NY was trying to make in his OPINION(something we're all entitled to) that if his hamstring issue was a legit problem that he likely wouldn't be working out with his brother during this time off. It doesn't mean the guy can't travel across the country to stay with his brother and it doesn't mean he can't workout other parts of his body while his hamstring heals but I'm sure NY was talking about the standard workouts NFL players do in the offseason...which is very lower body heavy which if a hamstring issue is serious is not happening.

So calm the f down and stop the condescending posts. It's the slowest time of the season so if people want to speculate we have mods who can police the forum. We don't need you coming in and telling people to hang back on posting and wait to find out what's what.

He knew exactly the point I was trying to make...I was basing it off an article that talked about how they will be working out, focusing on making soft-tissue injuries less likely in the future.

Yes it's just an opinion...don't think it's outlandish (like random says) to think if his injury was serious, he's probably gonna be recovering at home and not working out like they stated in the article.

just making something out of nothing. whatever at this point....we will find out more once he's back on the field.

He knew exactly the point I was trying to make...I was basing it off an article that talked about how they will be working out, focusing on making soft-tissue injuries less likely in the future.

Yes it's just an opinion...don't think it's outlandish (like random says) to think if his injury was serious, he's probably gonna be recovering at home and not working out like they stated in the article.

just making something out of nothing. whatever at this point....we will find out more once he's back on the field.

I have no idea why you guys keep interacting with him. I put him on ignore forever ago. This site is supposed to be fun, and people who are only here to irritate aren't much fun. It's more fun to discuss/agree/disagree with people who interact intelligently, respectfully, and who know something about football. I find when the agitators are ignored for long enough, they just go away, or they go full-on Fatal Attraction and have a ban-inducing meltdown.

Originally posted by WRATHman44:
I have no idea why you guys keep interacting with him. I put him on ignore forever ago. This site is supposed to be fun, and people who are only here to irritate aren't much fun. It's more fun to discuss/agree/disagree with people who interact intelligently, respectfully, and who know something about football. I find when the agitators are ignored for long enough, they just go away, or they go full-on Fatal Attraction and have a ban-inducing meltdown.

I have had him on my ignore list (which I hate to use)...the fact that he can still comment and twist around what I say and I can't read it (and defend myself) is kinda annoying.

I do agree with everything you said though.

I had him on ignore for a while but decided to clear my ignore list after the draft. I may rethink that.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Aldon was also hurt that year. He had labrum surgery right after the Superbowl. Not sure why people choose to ignore this.

Anyone thinking Aldon's production was inflated by Justin Smith needs to get their eyes checked or something because that's one of the silliest misconceptions I see 49er fans perpetuate. It's flat out dumb.

Imagine thinking the guy sending DAVID BAHKTIARI flying onto his ass with a beautiful power-to-hump move was only good because of Justin Smith lol. I've got a whole folder of Aldon demolishing some of the best tackles in the NFL, one-on-one, often times from the complete opposite side of the DL as Justin.

Speaking of Aldon, he was a master of Nick Bosa's favorite move: the jab-double swipe

That D was scary as hell in 2012. We whipped our dick out in Foxboro and slapped the Pats with it. That's the game where Kap looked all world.

He sure did. Even with the near Tom Brady comeback, Kap held on. The whole team and D in particular punked the Patriots for about 3 quarters, and unlike other teams that couldn't withstand the Tom Brady comeback, the offense actually scored in the 4th quarter to secure the game. Outside of the playoff wins, that win in Foxboro in December may be the greatest win of the Harbaugh era Niners.

As for this idea that Aldon Smith was All-Pro because of Justin Smith is as silly as people who try to discredit Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, and Steve Young because the QBs had Rice to throw to (or Rice had two HOF QBs throwing to him). If it were that simple, everyone would've done it. Obviously it had to be something special about said player. Why couldn't Parys Haralson put up 12 + sack seasons in the 4 seasons he had where Justin Smith was the starter? Why couldn't Aaron Lynch do the same when Aldon became unreliable? Aldon was special. Period. He was a master at working tackles and could catch Russell Wilson in the open field (2013 NFCCG). It's a shame that once he fell off the wagon so the speak, he couldn't pull himself back together.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
That D was scary as hell in 2012. We whipped our dick out in Foxboro and slapped the Pats with it. That's the game where Kap looked all world.

And then we looked like dog s**t the next week @SEA

We always looked like s**t in Seattle no matter what all of harbaugh's years with the exception of his first year when they had Tavarius Jackson at qb. When Justin tore his triceps the whole d took a big step backwards

The post you are responding to is why I'm a believer that this Doom Squad is really a thing. It's not about being realistic or critical of the Yorks bad moves or being dissatisfied with losing. I remember people throwing hissy fits during the Harbaugh years at every opportunity. Total malcontents. Can't focus on a good thing, ever, related to this team.

I had him on ignore for a while but decided to clear my ignore list after the draft. I may rethink that.

NY already admitted he was wrong on the topic so that's done (then here you go behind him and he's ready to rehash a dead topic all of a sudden ) .....and I agree with the mod. If you can't take being corrected just put someone on ignore and only read and reread posts from the same 2 or 3 people you already agree heavily with on everything.

I generally dont reply to posts I agree with. I reply to things I don't agree with or bring a different outlook than what's already been said.

Post #3041 I just a couple pages ago I disagreed heavily with ronniefreakinlott42 on a subject but you dont even notice. You only complain about stuff with NY as if I don't give everyone the same treatment. Is there something you 2 aren't telling us?

Nothing's going to chill out or whatever from that,...much the same way nothing's going to chill out from you taking me off of block only to get back to complaining about me instead of what I think or post about the team.

Stop wasting even more space than you already do, use your block well, and get back on the topic, which is the 49ers team, not posting styles and what you prefer on your message board.

Now back to Bosa. How was his workout today?
[ Edited by random49er on Jun 21, 2019 at 2:54 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone