LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Great info and helps give fans a feel for when to expect things to happen. Simply put, good chance it may be another month at least. Everyone just needs to be patient. If something happens sooner, great. If not, it seems pretty sure we'll be fine by the end of July.

Yup just trying to put some perspective on how's its gone with some of their other clients on this team. I doubt we see a deal done until late July (possibility for both guys).
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Out of curiosity, I went back to see when the first-round picks from the last 5 years signed:

Mike McGlinchey signed July 23
Solomon Thomas signed July 28
Reuben Foster signed June 9
Joshua Garnett signed July 29
Deforest Buckner signed May 6
Arik Armstead signed May 15
Jimmie Ward signed May 22

I don't think Nick will sign until around where Solly signed.

Yup, that will be the case and people need to realize who the agent is.

McGlinchey, Garnett, and Thomas are all represented by CAA sports (same as Bosa boys)... common theme for all of them? They didn't sign until as late as possible.

Anyone throwing out the notation that the Bosas' are greedy and such need to put a little stock into who represents them and how the do business for their clients.

Not only that... Why do people blame these players for wanting more money? Makes no sense to me. They put their bodies on the line I would want every last penny if I was in the NFL too.

I would want an agent who's trying to get as much as he can for his client. I think most of the posters in here would want the same thing. most of the others are probably hypocrites. #get all u can bosa.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Not only that... Why do people blame these players for wanting more money? Makes no sense to me. They put their bodies on the line I would want every last penny if I was in the NFL too.

Right? Also it's a rookie contract the money they will get is already set....They just want to make sure they get their cash if cut or have it given out a certain way (signing/roster bonuses).

It's crazy to me how little NFL players get paid (guaranteed money) vs other sports and the NFL makes much more money overall. I think players need to go the Kirk cousins route. Short contracts mostly guaranteed....NFL owners would never do that (and I get the risk of injury). Something is gonna change come the next CBA.
Originally posted by swaccmac1:
I would want an agent who's trying to get as much as he can for his client. I think most of the posters in here would want the same thing. most of the others are probably hypocrites. #get all u can bosa.

Not only that, these agent get like what 4% of their clients money?

Also, they need to show future clients (when recruiting prospects) that they will do just that...get you the maximum amount of cash/security... which is stupid important in a game where the avg player plays 3 yrs.
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Rookie Aldon Smith - 14 sacks,

Nick Bosa? - I'm betting he'll get close to Aldon's record - but he won't beat Aldon's rookie sack record.

I'm still of the opinion Aldon Smith was average at best. It was apparent he benefited immensely from cowboy getting double teamed (and holding o linemen regularly).

I'm glad that Cowboy was such a great player for us, but don't blindly assume that a # of other players could have taken Aldon Smith's place and "got there" as often as he did. He wasn't the 1st or the only player to play on the line with Justin.

Aldon's athleticism to finish the job on plays was fully on display over and over. Alot of others close on the QB only to have them get rid of the ball. That's what separates the old Aldon from many others and you just don't get one of those very often. Don't expect the same ceiling out of Bosa,...but don't expect him to be arrested and publicly intoxicated over and over while in his prime either.
[ Edited by random49er on Jun 20, 2019 at 9:31 AM ]
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by wailers15:
He sign yet

When he gets back from his grueling days in Miami.

#TrustTheProcess

Read the article, instead of twisting words.

https://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/1138071980312129541

No need to read an article I've never replied to. What would I be searching the article for when you can just summarize what you want to be known? This is a messageboard, not a blog or a twitter account.

Everyone knows you exaggerate from time to time and if you want to change/add to something you previously said, feel free.
[ Edited by random49er on Jun 20, 2019 at 9:29 AM ]
No need to read an article I've never replied to. What would I be searching the article for when you can just summarize what you want to be known? This is a messageboard, not a blog or a twitter account.

Everyone knows you exaggerate from time to time and if you want to change/add to something you previously said, feel free.

I gave NC the breakdown of the article (not allowed to quote paid articles apparently) and that's why I said what I did (which was tied directly from the article).... Feel free to back track through the message board and find it for yourself. I told you prior that's where I got the info from (regarding him working out in FL and with whom).

Again, you tend to grab one little aspect of a comment and blow it into something it's not, in hopes to try and prove someone is wrong....That's kinda your shtick In here.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 20, 2019 at 9:50 AM ]
I quoted half of the article earlier in here and that's why I said what I did. Feel free to back track through the message board and find it for yourself. I told you prior that's where I got the info from (regarding him working out in FL and with whom).

Huh? You said/suggested he wouldn't be going to Florida to train with his brother if his hamstring wasn't fine.

Obviously I disagree. What's more to be said? Clear it up or let it go as just another silly comment.

Edit:
nah he's gonna be good for training camp...he's working out with his brother in FL for a month. IF he was truly hurt he wouldn't be "working out"
Dude is fine.

???

Unless you have some recent "film" of his workouts,....we don't know dude is fine, as injuries can be nagging. We just hope so and we'll find out.
[ Edited by random49er on Jun 20, 2019 at 9:59 AM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Out of curiosity, I went back to see when the first-round picks from the last 5 years signed:

Mike McGlinchey signed July 23
Solomon Thomas signed July 28
Reuben Foster signed June 9
Joshua Garnett signed July 29
Deforest Buckner signed May 6
Arik Armstead signed May 15
Jimmie Ward signed May 22

I don't think Nick will sign until around where Solly signed.

Yep, and it doesn't matter a whole lot if Bosa isn't signed at the start of training camp since he won't be healthy enough by then to practice anyways.
Huh? You said/suggested he wouldn't be going to Florida to train with his brother if his hamstring wasn't fine.

Obviously I disagree. What's more to be said? Clear it up or let it go as just another silly comment.

The articles states he's training with Joey and his S&T coach Todd Rice...the same guy who helped Joey when he pulled a hammy his rookie yr, they worked on flexibility and explosion. Since Joey started working with him and got a routine, he has not had any soft-tissue injuries. Nick will be working with Rice and plans to be 100%.

IMO If his hammy was a serious issue right now he'd be recovering, not working out. I saw a video of nick running around with the team dog earlier last week on insta live. Looks fine.

Not sure what you think he's dealing with, but it sounds like nothing more than a tight hammy from not working out for a while then going full out.

There's nothing to clear up, I stated all this previously you just decided to jump in and make some negative comment because that's your thing with me, especially with this subject.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 20, 2019 at 10:59 AM ]

• thl408
The articles stats he's training with Joey and his S&T coach Todd Rice...the same guy who helped Joey when he pulled a hammy his rookie yr. they worked on flexibility and explosion. Since Joey started working with him and got a routine, he has not had any soft-tissue injuries. Nick will be working with Rice and plans to be 100%.

If his hammy was a serious issue right now he'd be recovering, not working out. I saw a video of nick running around with the team dog earlier last week on insta live. Looks fine.

Not sure what you think he's dealing with, but it sounds like nothing more than a tight hammy from not working out then going full out.

There's nothing to clear up, I stated all this previously you just decided to jump in and make some negative comment because that's your thing with me, especially with this subject.

wth. There's a team dog?

Edit:
nah he's gonna be good for training camp...he's working out with his brother in FL for a month. IF he was truly hurt he wouldn't be "working out"
Dude is fine.

???

Unless you have some recent "film" of his workouts,....we don't know dude is fine, as injuries can be nagging. We just hope so and we'll find out.

I will agree we won't know 100% until we see him on the field...check it out I CAN agree with you.

My point was you'd have to think if it was a serious hamstring issue he wouldn't be working out over this month he'd be recovering. That doesn't seem to be the case based off that article.
Originally posted by thl408:
wth. There's a team dog?

Sure is lol

• thl408
It's a pug? Should be something tough like a tyrannosaurus.
Cool story..,, he sign yet
Share 49ersWebzone