There are 270 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:
I'm still of the opinion Aldon Smith was average at best. It was apparent he benefited immensely from cowboy getting double teamed (and holding o linemen regularly). And became painfully obvious when cowboy was playing injured. Aldon's production fell off a cliff. Did he even record 1 sack with the Raiders? That is what has me absolutely jubilant about this years D line. No matter who is not doubled, I'm confident of them beating their man. Hell, even ST and AA should see a spike in their numbers.

Aldon was also hurt that year. He had labrum surgery right after the Superbowl. Not sure why people choose to ignore this.

Anyone thinking Aldon's production was inflated by Justin Smith needs to get their eyes checked or something because that's one of the silliest misconceptions I see 49er fans perpetuate. It's flat out dumb.

Imagine thinking the guy sending DAVID BAHKTIARI flying onto his ass with a beautiful power-to-hump move was only good because of Justin Smith lol. I've got a whole folder of Aldon demolishing some of the best tackles in the NFL, one-on-one, often times from the complete opposite side of the DL as Justin.

Speaking of Aldon, he was a master of Nick Bosa's favorite move: the jab-double swipe

[ Edited by Heroism on Jun 18, 2019 at 11:26 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
I'm still of the opinion Aldon Smith was average at best. It was apparent he benefited immensely from cowboy getting double teamed (and holding o linemen regularly). And became painfully obvious when cowboy was playing injured. Aldon's production fell off a cliff. Did he even record 1 sack with the Raiders? That is what has me absolutely jubilant about this years D line. No matter who is not doubled, I'm confident of them beating their man. Hell, even ST and AA should see a spike in their numbers.

Aldon was also hurt that year. He had labrum surgery right after the Superbowl. Not sure why people choose to ignore this.

Anyone thinking Aldon's production was inflated by Justin Smith needs to get their eyes checked or something because that's one of the silliest misconceptions I see 49ers' perpetuate. It's flat out dumb.

Imagine thinking the guy sending DAVID BAHKTIARI flying onto his ass with a beautiful power-to-hump move was only good because of Justin Smith lol. I've got a whole folder of Aldon demolishing some of the best tackles in the NFL, one-on-one, often times from the complete opposite side of the DL as Justin.

Speaking of Aldon, he was a master of Nick Bosa's favorite move: the jab-double swipe

Anyone thinking Aldon's production was inflated by Justin Smith needs to get their eyes checked or something because that's one of the silliest misconceptions I see 49er fans perpetuate. It's flat out dumb.

Aldon was a football stud, plain and simple....complete idiot and addict off the field. It's such a shame.

Bosa seems to have the skills, love of the game, and he's not gonna be getting 15 DWIs so that's a huge plus
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Aldon was a football stud, plain and simple....complete idiot and addict off the field. It's such a shame.

Bosa seems to have the skills, love of the game, and he's not gonna be getting 15 DWIs so that's a huge plus

Can't wait to see Bosa play in a real NFL game. I am not speculating on rookie stats between Bosa vs Alldrunk, but I fully do expect Bosa to make a huge impact. Between Bosa and Ford, we should see our nunbers at their positions go up, but just as importantly, and maybe more importantly, everyone else should look better. I am expecting a huge uptick in sacks, hits, and hurries. And I hope the midget gets absolutely flattened a few times both at Levi and in Seattle.
Even if he's just good that's a huge improvement. Heck anything above average is an improvement.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Rookie Aldon Smith - 14 sacks,

Nick Bosa? - I'm betting he'll get close to Aldon's record - but he won't beat Aldon's rookie sack record.

Ah yes... Heard this one a million times. It's incorrect. Aldon did benefit from Justin but he had plenty of sacks that he created himself. Aldon also had an injury at the same time Justin did, but played through it. People like yourself seem to forget that fact.

Of course this is all true. Group think runs rampant in sports fandom, but 49er fans regurgitate this nonstop and it pisses me off. It's a super-ignorant way to act like you know something abut football because you recognize one stunt. Basically, you know just enough to make yourself look stupid.

Aldon destroyed tackles when he had one-on-one match ups, and he humiliated RBs who tried to help out. Best combination of power, get off, length, plan, and lateral agility I've seen in a long time.

My favorite part of Aldon's game was his explosive acceleration to the QB once he cleared color. Once he won the rep, he closed on the QB like no other.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

My favorite part of Aldon's game was his explosive acceleration to the QB once he cleared color. Once he won the rep, he closed on the QB like no other.

Yep agreed. That's what set him apart from others imo. Then his length helped get hands on the QB sooner too, man I miss prime Aldon

Exactly. I chuckle at the cowboy made Aldon narrative. Smith was an incredibly special talent.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

Yeah that's completely ridiculous. Aldon was the complete package as a pass rusher.

That D was scary as hell in 2012. We whipped our dick out in Foxboro and slapped the Pats with it. That's the game where Kap looked all world.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
That D was scary as hell in 2012. We whipped our dick out in Foxboro and slapped the Pats with it. That's the game where Kap looked all world.

That was the game where we became contenders...
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:

That was the game where we became contenders...

That's the game Justin smith got hurt
Sucks

I wouldn't go as far as to say that Aldon's stats were inflated by Justin Smith, but with all do respect... to think he didn't benefit from Justin's presence is just ridiculous. Aldon's sack totals dropped considerably without Justin by his side. Injuries or not, Justin would take a lot of double teams. Look again at the middle video against the Patriots. Who is the second guy on top of Brady? Yep, that's Cowboy! If Aldon didn't get him, Justin would have. It was a great tandem and we shouldn't take away credit from either of them.
Peace!
[ Edited by vermonator on Jun 19, 2019 at 12:42 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vermonator:
I wouldn't go as far as to say that Aldon's stats were inflated by Justin Smith, but with all do respect... to think he didn't benefit from Justin's presence is just ridiculous. Aldon's sack totals dropped considerably without Justin by his side. Injuries or not, Justin would take a lot of double teams. Look again at the middle video against the Patriots. Who is the second guy on top of Brady? Yep, that's Cowboy!
Peace!

That's the key in the 4-3 under. That DT. If you have a dominant DT that can draw doubles, that LEO is going to have a banner year. In that clip, it looked like Cowboy and Aldon faked a stunt and did a straight rush and wrongfooted the Patriots OLine to take the wrong blocking angles.
Share 49ersWebzone