There are 176 users in the forums

Nick Bosa-DE-Ohio State is a Niner(Politics-free)

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨
He's off to a great start!
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Key word is easing i think

Grade 1 Hamstring strain is basically tightness in the muscle. There is no tearing. You don't want to be out sprinting a few days after but jogging a week later isn't out of the question. Rest+ice+stretching=good to go.

The new training staff is behind the full injury reports. They're going ultra conservative and letting guys heal up fully before sending them back out there.

This is an excellent point and one i haven't seen nor thot of before. What one thing could past S & C teams have had in common...which could have explained in part, particularly great part...why they all failed?

Could it be that all of them were in such a rush to get the injured guys back out there that they let them go back to full practice and gametime, when in fact, they should ahve kept them inactive much, , much longer? Man , that could very well explain our 5 yrs of being injured more than any other team....just that one small...but major point....letting our injured guys retrurn too quickly.

I could understand it wth the coaching staff gigging them on to get so and so back out of the field. Wow, could that have been what has been going on all along? I could sure beieve it. True it may be something else entirely, but this one salient point could sure explain an awful lot of bad.

At the very least, this bears watching.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on May 26, 2019 at 4:45 PM ]
Certainly not gonna get upset over a minor bump in the road

But

He took the year off to heal and focus on his nfl career. Would hope that he was well conditioned at this point. Oh well. Maybe it doesn't matter anyways but the chicken littles won this round
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Would not hurt my feelings if he does not see the field until opening day. If he is as good as advertised he will be good to go, just like riding a bicycle he will not forget how to rush the QB.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Originally posted by Waterbear:

Cant wait to see this guy sack the s**t outta jameis winston!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
I'm wondering if Ben Peterson is going to put accelerometers on all the 49er players.

The early story of the 49ers' offseason program was the slew of injuries facing coach Kyle Shanahan and his revamped training staff, headlined by new head of player health and performance, Ben Peterson.
Read more here: https://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article230805904.html#storylink=cpy
I was curious how other teams are doing with injuries so I found a website (CBS) that lists all the players for each team that are questionable for training camp. Every team has a lot of guys that fall into this category. Some of them have nearly as many as the NIners with the average being around 10-12 per team. I'm sure most of this is just precautionary but at least it shows that we aren't the only ones going through this.

• HERN
  • Veteran

I can always count on you to give me lol's

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I was curious how other teams are doing with injuries so I found a website (CBS) that lists all the players for each team that are questionable for training camp. Every team has a lot of guys that fall into this category. Some of them have nearly as many as the NIners with the average being around 10-12 per team. I'm sure most of this is just precautionary but at least it shows that we aren't the only ones going through this.

we just have a fan base that uses them as excuses more than any other fan base in my opinion
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Well with regards to Ben Peterson, (our medicals guy) he's a big proponent of measuring objectively a player (what he calls) load and stress. He uses accelerometers among other things, to actually measure athletes during games. And I guess using those types of gadgets, accurately measure how much a players body is breaking down under stress and rest him accordingly.

In other words, he's not just going to rely on a players own opinions as to whether the player feels good to go or not. In Bosas case, I think that affected the decision to rest him for a lot longer than what the previous medical regime would have done.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Well with regards to Ben Peterson, (our medicals guy) he's a big proponent of measuring objectively a player (what he calls) load and stress. He uses accelerometers among other things, to actually measure athletes during games. And I guess using those types of gadgets, accurately measure how much a players body is breaking down under stress and rest him accordingly.

In other words, he's not just going to rely on a players own opinions as to whether the player feels good to go or not. In Bosas case, I think that affected the decision to rest him for a lot longer than what the previous medical regime would have done.

So how long this Ben Peterson dude wanted to rest our Bosa? One thing for sure, Bosa will be the starting DE come regular season game 1. No doubt about it.

I can't stop laughing at this. Nice work!
Share 49erswebzone