LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by walker807:
Originally posted by 951NINER:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Wow, it only took 1 game. To top that, it was the very first play of his first game. Ugh!

Still leads the team in sacks

Your best ability is your availability. So doesn't matter moving forward..

Dude hasn't missed one meaningful game and your already crying a river.

It was his knock coming out of college. He's certainly not getting healthier..
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Wow, it only took 1 game. To top that, it was the very first play of his first game. Ugh!

Still leads the team in sacks

Your best ability is your availability. So doesn't matter moving forward..

Then how about you wait until he doesn't play before saying anything?

What happened after that very first play? He was our best pass rusher and played all the way through and was involved in the game sealing pick 6 play.

The fact that he played hurt should shut people up. Bosa can't win with some of you.

Bosa going to hold out like his brother - didn't hold out.
Bosa is going to miss all these games - hasn't missed a game yet
Bosa can't rush in the NFL - best pass rusher for us week 1 and one of the best despite playing on a bad ankle all game apparently.

You hitch yourself to that wagon and see how that turns out for you...
Originally posted by genus49:

Not looking good for him, no matter how much you defend him. We have to protect him from himself before he really messes that ankle up. We can't waste another top 5 pick

He's got to gut it out next two games, then take 15 days off. Looks like his sub-100% is still one of the best defensive ends in the league. I'll take it.
[ Edited by NinerBuff on Sep 12, 2019 at 12:31 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Not looking good for him, no matter how much you defend him. We have to protect him from himself before he really messes that ankle up. We can't waste another top 5 pick

Pretty much agree. And draft another edge rusher in the first round next year. I mean Ford's tendinitis isn't going to go away according to the WebZone doc's opinions here.

Yeah...
Originally posted by Giedi:

Pretty much agree. And draft another edge rusher in the first round next year. I mean Ford's tendinitis isn't going to go away according to the WebZone doc's opinions here.

Lynch is in a tough spot but there's a reason Deforest is a captain this year. He needs to step up and gets some pressure up the middle these next 2 games if Bosa has to miss some time or is limited. Between Buckner and Ford I think we can still get pressure on QB's. I mean we're going up against Andy Dalton and Roethisberger.
dude will play, he gonna tape it up real good and shovel down a handful of advil
  • evil
  • Veteran

Do you honestly believe he was 100% going into the Bucs game?

huh? they are protecting him BY NOT having him run around in practice.

I mean what do you think is gonna happen? His ankle is gonna fall off lol?

you do realize he doesn't have to practice to play, right? He knows what he has to do and didn't need a basically a whole off season to learn it either. Kid is clearly gonna be in load management mode until he get's his ankle right (which might not be at all this yr). Get use too him not practicing much, especially at the beginning on the yr.
Originally posted by evil:

Bosa legit can't win with some people here.

He plays at less than 100% and ankle is somehow not better for it and he's injury prone.
He doesn't play because the ankle is still not 100% and he's another Bosa who only plays when they're 100%.

Pick a narrative people.

Personally I love that Nick was out there week 1 and it actually makes me feel better than he re-aggravated the ankle EARLY in that game that he finished and finished strong. He was way better in the 2nd half.

It tells me this kid loves football and wants to play and he can play very well. If this was his bad ankle game...imagine how well he plays once he's fully healthy?

If he ends up missing this Bengals game it will suck but hopefully between Nick, training staff/doctors and the coaches we do what's best for the team and Nick long term. No question having Nick out there makes our pass rush WAY better than it is without him but IF the decision was to play him vs Cinci or Pittsburgh I'm saying hold him out til Pittsburgh.

End of the day I hope he's good enough to play Sunday and against Pittsburgh as well and the bye week helps.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
breaking news 95.7 the game
bosa may not play sunday
Originally posted by evil:

right? so dumb.

I'll keep saying it....... load. management. There is zero point to having him run around in practice on a ankle sprain. Let him rest up as long as possible between games.
Originally posted by dmax:
breaking news 95.7 the game
bosa may not play sunday

Breaking news genus49 the now

Bosa may play Sunday.

We'll see on Sunday.
Share 49ersWebzone