LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 429 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
You cant really compare a normal person to an NFL player.....but I was not walking correctly for months after I had a High ankle injury, my was compounded with micro fractures....but I could not have dreamed of playing on it. Mine ended up degenerative and even today can lead to pain (20 years later). It was not however chronic. It's an old injury that hurts today, but I played 2 more years on it and had many pain free days in my youth.

I am no doctor, but I suspect if the 49ers put in him on the shelf (even against his own wishes) he can make a full recovery and this will not be something we hear about year in and year out.

If this was the playoffs, maybe you let him suffer though the pain of it knowing its do or die and he has a whole off season to recovery, but in week 1? Get the dude healed up. I am sure he can still learn and grow as a player with out high impact drills and game time.

Put ST in the game and let him fight for his job.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Bosa says he going to play - let's see if he can pull if off.

I can see another McKinnon type of season-ending injury if they push it too much.

Your going to jinx it, Giedi.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
You cant really compare a normal person to an NFL player.....but I was not walking correctly for months after I had a High ankle injury, my was compounded with micro fractures....but I could not have dreamed of playing on it. Mine ended up degenerative and even today can lead to pain (20 years later). It was not however chronic. It's an old injury that hurts today, but I played 2 more years on it and had many pain free days in my youth.

I am no doctor, but I suspect if the 49ers put in him on the shelf (even against his own wishes) he can make a full recovery and this will not be something we hear about year in and year out.

If this was the playoffs, maybe you let him suffer though the pain of it knowing its do or die and he has a whole off season to recovery, but in week 1? Get the dude healed up. I am sure he can still learn and grow as a player with out high impact drills and game time.

Put ST in the game and let him fight for his job.

ST? I think Blair goes in if Bosa is a no go. Thomas picks up some additional snaps, but the lions share is Ronnie. Dude is an ascending player for sure.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

I can see another McKinnon type of season-ending injury if they push it too much.

You started it! *No* news is sometimes - *good News*

McKinnon was coming back from a serious injury though, I think Bosa can play through a sore ankle if needed and be alright

Or his foot falls off and that may impact him a bit
[ Edited by RonMexico on Sep 12, 2019 at 12:19 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
Good point, and if he constantly re-tears it, I'm assuming scar tissue can build up and block arteries and veins and so on from delivering whatever is needed for the ankle and you can cut his career short? I dunno. I just don't like the fact that ShanaLynch is pushing it too much because we don't have any legit edge rushers other than Dee Ford and Bosa. Dee Ford already has tendinitis (or whatever) in his knee in addition to the Bosa ankle. I would have loved to see us get a UDFA like Demontre back on the team, but that's not an option anymore.

Nah, this likely won't be a chronic issue once healed. High ankles and knees are different beasts. Bosa just stands no chance of getting over it completely, without risk of reinjury, until he sits for a couple weeks.

• mayo49
  • Veteran

You started it! *No* news is sometimes - *good News*

Wow, it only took 1 game. To top that, it was the very first play of his first game. Ugh!
God you guys are friggin depressing.

Chill the f out. If he plays then he'll play. If we think it's better for him to sit and get closer to fully healed then that's what will happen.

The whole McKinnon thing...where you getting that from? The anti Bosa buffoons climbing up out of the shadows again because he came back before he was 100% and helped us win a game on the road but now sitting out practice...

We should be excited that we have a player who played that well on a bad ankle and look forward to what he can do for this team, especially when fully healthy.

Fact is this sport is brutal and guys get injured. Quinnen Williams was fully healthy and he hurt his ankle so the idea of Bosa re-aggrevating his already less than 100% ankle isn't shocking but unfortunate.

Whether he plays will be a joint decision between Bosa, the team doctors and the coaches. We'll see what happens in a few days.
Originally posted by 951NINER:
Wow, it only took 1 game. To top that, it was the very first play of his first game. Ugh!

Still leads the team in sacks

...example A.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RonMexico:

McKinnon was coming back from a serious injury though, I think Bosa can play through a sore ankle if needed and be alright

Or his foot falls off and that may impact him a bit

First play of the game he re-injures it. *That* is not a good sign that the tear is healed.

I think at some point if it doesn't heal - they amputate and he'll have to get a bionic leg.

Your best ability is your availability. So doesn't matter moving forward..

Your best ability is your availability. So doesn't matter moving forward..

Dude hasn't missed one meaningful game and your already crying a river.
Originally posted by genus49:
God you guys are friggin depressing.

Chill the f out. If he plays then he'll play. If we think it's better for him to sit and get closer to fully healed then that's what will happen.

The whole McKinnon thing...where you getting that from? The anti Bosa buffoons climbing up out of the shadows again because he came back before he was 100% and helped us win a game on the road but now sitting out practice...

We should be excited that we have a player who played that well on a bad ankle and look forward to what he can do for this team, especially when fully healthy.

Fact is this sport is brutal and guys get injured. Quinnen Williams was fully healthy and he hurt his ankle so the idea of Bosa re-aggrevating his already less than 100% ankle isn't shocking but unfortunate.

Whether he plays will be a joint decision between Bosa, the team doctors and the coaches. We'll see what happens in a few days.

Hear hear
Share 49ersWebzone