LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
100% agree. No way you move him for any type of compensation.

I mean that's kind of silly, especially for a dude coming off his second ACL tear. It's never f**king happening but I would trade him for Lawrence. Again, it's never happening but just saying, for a blue chip prospect at the most important position? Look at Seattle with Wilson or Brees, if you got an elite QB you are consistently contending year to year.
Originally posted by S41MAN:
I mean that's kind of silly, especially for a dude coming off his second ACL tear. It's never f**king happening but I would trade him for Lawrence. Again, it's never happening but just saying, for a blue chip prospect at the most important position? Look at Seattle with Wilson or Brees, if you got an elite QB you are consistently contending year to year.

Pretty much where I'm at
NEVER trade the Man!
We have some really dumb fans.
100% agree. No way you move him for any type of compensation.

Lawrence is no guarantee. It also says a lot to the locker room to trade away a leader and elite prospect just because a QB could be elite. Bosa is already elite. They'd lose the locker room immediately if they traded him.
Originally posted by Heroism:
We have some really dumb fans.

I knew this was coming
Lawrence is no guarantee. It also says a lot to the locker room to trade away a leader and elite prospect just because a QB could be elite. Bosa is already elite. They'd lose the locker room immediately if they traded him.

We just traded a captain and a guy that's been an iron man in Buckner for a f**king mid first round pick, that's a lame argument. Players know it's a business. Not to mention the difference of impact from an elite QB and pass rusher is huge, it's worth the low risk. No one is a guarantee, but there's a very low chance he's a bust. His pedigree is similar to that of Andrew Luck.

Again this conversation is silly anyways, the Jets would hang up immediately or ask for two first round picks on top lol.

We just traded a captain and a guy that's been an iron man in Buckner for a f**king mid first round pick, that's a lame argument. Players know it's a business. Not to mention the difference of impact from an elite QB and pass rusher is huge, it's worth the low risk. No one is a guarantee, but there's a very low chance he's a bust. His pedigree is similar to that of Andrew Luck.

Again this conversation is silly anyways, the Jets would hang up immediately or ask for two first round picks on top lol.

That's a lame argument
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
That's a lame argument

Okay. How? We were just in the Super Bowl, he was a captain, veteran, and our best defensive lineman. It didn't seem to affect the locker room dramatically that we traded him for cap space and a first round pick.
[ Edited by S41MAN on Nov 2, 2020 at 9:37 AM ]

I have no emotional skin in the game so I will bite. I wouldn't trade Bosa + filler for Lawrence. Lawrence looks like a solid QB but the bust rate is exceptionally high for a QB. Even though Bosa is injury prone, moving him for an asset that has many question marks will be foolish. We do know that when healthy, Bosa is an elite talent....key phrase: when healthy. Having tunnel vision on one player in the draft is extremely dangerous and it is what bad teams do. The 49ers need help in EVERY position so they need to focus on the roster without trading one of their best assets.

It would be wise for the 49ers to hold on to Bosa for a couple more years and see if he's worth extending or if the team would be better serve to trade him. In the meantime, the 49ers need to find ways to improve this team without spending a lot of money even though this salary cap thing is a myth. Luckily for the 49ers, they are excellent in finding late round gems in the draft and undrafted free agents who are nfl material. It's a tactic the 49ers should use more of and move away from making big free agent splashes and trades. (because the big name talent they do sign or trade for do not usually work out in their favor)

It's not all doom and gloom. The 49ers need to tweak their philosophy, as far as player acquisition and as well as how they play defense. My biggest gripe of Saleh is that he doesn't scheme up exotic blitzes. The Steelers are a master mind in this and have been for years. And look what happened when K Williams came on that slot blitz in the first quarter: Wilson got sacked. More of that and less prevent defense. The 49ers have a talented team but it's not their year. Last year, it wasn't the Steelers year, but this year, they are the best team in the league because everyone's healthy. If the niners had were as healthy as last year, they would be 6-2 and in the middle of the NFC west title chase. Regroup and recoup for 2021. It's the smart thing to do.
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Nov 2, 2020 at 9:46 AM ]

That's a lame argument

Okay. How? We were just in the Super Bowl, he was a captain, veteran, and our best defensive lineman. It didn't seem to affect the locker room dramatically that we traded him for cap space and a first round pick.

Cause the context of his trade is completely different than Bosa. We have Bosa for 3 more years on a cheap deal. Buckner was gonna be to expensive to keep so they netted a first round pick for someone they were gonna let go of after this year anyways.
Cause the context of his trade is completely different than Bosa. We have Bosa for 3 more years on a cheap deal. Buckner was gonna be to expensive to keep so they netted a first round pick for someone they were gonna let go of after this year anyways.

Or you know you pay him and move on from someone else (Armstead or Ford), the 49ers did not have to have to let him walk. They chose Buckner because he gave the best value, that's the main reason.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I have no emotional skin in the game so I will bite. I wouldn't trade Bosa + filler for Lawrence. Lawrence looks like a solid QB but the bust rate is exceptionally high for a QB. Even though Bosa is injury prone, moving him for an asset that has many question marks will be foolish. We do know that when healthy, Bosa is an elite talent....key phrase: when healthy. Having tunnel vision on one player in the draft is extremely dangerous and it is what bad teams do. The 49ers need help in EVERY position so they need to focus on the roster without trading one of their best assets.

It would be wise for the 49ers to hold on to Bosa for a couple more years and see if he's worth extending or if the team would be better serve to trade him. In the meantime, the 49ers need to find ways to improve this team without spending a lot of money even though this salary cap thing is a myth. Luckily for the 49ers, they are excellent in finding late round gems in the draft and undrafted free agents who are nfl material. It's a tactic the 49ers should use more of and move away from making big free agent splashes and trades. (because the big name talent they do sign or trade for do not usually work out in their favor)

It's not all doom and gloom. The 49ers need to tweak their philosophy, as far as player acquisition and as well as how they play defense. My biggest gripe of Saleh is that he doesn't scheme up exotic blitzes. The Steelers are a master mind in this and have been for years. And look what happened when K Williams came on that slot blitz in the first quarter: Wilson got sacked. More of that and less prevent defense. The 49ers have a talented team but it's not their year. Last year, it wasn't the Steelers year, but this year, they are the best team in the league because everyone's healthy. If the niners had were as healthy as last year, they would be 6-2 and in the middle of the NFC west title chase. Regroup and recoup for 2021. It's the smart thing to do.

I guess it just depends on how you feel on Lawrence. This isn't just some normal first round prospect to me like a Sam Darnold or Baker Mayfield, he's a blue chip similar to Bosa who we all knew was gonna be a beast. He's basically been the top pick as soon as he stepped onto the field in College.

The 49ers kind of did obsess over Bosa, and they acknowledged they wanted him badly.

It's not doom and gloom at all, and I'm not worried about the defense going forward or anything. Just commenting on Lawrence.

Or you know you pay him and move on from someone else (Armstead or Ford), the 49ers did not have to have to let him walk. They chose Buckner because he gave the best value, that's the main reason.

Sure hindsight is great. But Armstead (who was a project when he was drafted) just had a career year and seemed to have figured it out. Same with Ward. And they gambled on Ford being healthy and lost. When he is healthy he is a really good edge rusher. They also were able to extend Kittle and should be able to extend Warner. And got a young DT who shows promise.
I'm not gonna waste my time looking, but who in the hell suggested we trade Bosa?
Share 49ersWebzone