Alert Follow us at @49erswz until Twitter fixes the issues with our official account.

There are 137 users in the forums

Nick Bosa-DE-Ohio State is a Niner (no politics)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NTeply49:
I miss Buckner. Without him demanding constant double teams, Bosa was double or tripple blocked on almost every play. We did not have the same push up the middle, and it shows. Hopefully Solomon Thomas and Kinlaw will step up their game.

I hope part of the lack of pass rush was more out of respect of Murray and rushing with discipline than it was a forecast of how the season will go.
I miss Buckner. Without him demanding constant double teams, Bosa was double or tripple blocked on almost every play. We did not have the same push up the middle, and it shows. Hopefully Solomon Thomas and Kinlaw will step up their game.

defensive line had trouble with QB's like Murray last year too
My son can't do it alone. Every week he's going to be the #1 focus for the opposing offense.

Originally posted by Heroism:
My son can't do it alone. Every week he's going to be the #1 focus for the opposing offense.

Yup, doesn't help that he gets held or blocked in the back while being held too. Disappointed that you let your son get done dirty like that and do nothing about it bro. Next time I expect one of those cardboard cut outs to be you and come to life charging the field!

Ford has got to get rolling....I think Ford will be able to do work vs George Fant
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Ford has got to get rolling....I think Ford will be able to do work vs George Fant

AA is too big and plodding from 9 in a game like this and Ford was too busy rushing 10 yards up field, out of the play and leaving massive run lanes open. When Bosa rushes, he rushes with a plan and rarely leaves a back door open WHILE he does it.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 16, 2020 at 1:37 PM ]
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

I hope part of the lack of pass rush was more out of respect of Murray and rushing with discipline than it was a forecast of how the season will go.

It definitely wasn't that (save for Bosa of course).
Any other week Bosa has at least 3 sacks

Originally posted by NCommand:
AA is too big and plodding from 9 in a game like this and Ford was too busy rushing 10 yards up field, out of the play and leaving massive run lanes open. When Bosa rushes, he rushes with a plan and rarely leaves a back door open WHILE he does it.

It was all one read and go stuff. Ford for the most part doesn't have problems beating his man. Saleh imo needed to not let those easy quick passes happen, negate that underneath s**t. I'd rather have him try and run for 5 yards 20+ times a game vs dunk and dunk all game.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SkyZer0:

defensive line had trouble with QB's like Murray last year too
Agree. Defense alone can't stop these kinds of players, gotta have the offensive side too. I thought the defense played Midget 2 pretty good, but the offense couldn't come up with a play to outscore Murray like last year. WR injuries had something to do with that. The defense just got tired in the 4th QTr without the offense to rest them.

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Any other week Bosa has at least 3 sacks

This is so crazy. He wins on a beeline towards to the QB without any wasted steps.
Bosa looks quicker and more explosive than last year.
[ Edited by 808niner4lyphe on Sep 17, 2020 at 10:18 AM ]
him and like 1 other guy on the dline seems to be the only one that is on this so called revenge tour
RIP :(
Unbelievable.
Share 49erswebzone