LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by JimmyWhy:
In order for Bosa to get the MVP award he'd have to have the best season for a pass rusher ever. Not only that, but it'd have to be a down year for QB play in the league. Bosa could have 24 sacks and still probably wouldn't win it if a QB throws for over 40 TDs.

The DPOTY has basically become the defensive MVP award. The actual MVP award is really just the best QB award now. OPOTY is the best non-QB offensive player.

This

Agreed. Its pretty sad. I had Ray Lewis as MVP the year Faulk won. I'm trying to think of other defensive players that should have won MVP but I'm drawing a blank. Im sure JJ Watt might have deserved in somewhere in the last 10 years. If not for Patrick Mahommes in 2018, maybe Khalil Mack.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Agreed. Its pretty sad. I had Ray Lewis as MVP the year Faulk won. I'm trying to think of other defensive players that should have won MVP but I'm drawing a blank. Im sure JJ Watt might have deserved in somewhere in the last 10 years. If not for Patrick Mahommes in 2018, maybe Khalil Mack.

Aaron Donald most every year lol

Charles Woodson has a rediculous year with the Packers. But that was in the Manning/Brady greatness era
Originally posted by illinois9er:

Aaron Donald most every year lol

Aaron Donald is god. Hardly do you pay Somone that much and is worth every penny. Him and Russell completely make west a slugfest. Throw in Hopkins the cards got at a garage sale
Offense always will get more attention. Many fans only see pass completions and TD passes. On defense sacks and INTs get attention but not like the offense. It's the reason all the rule changes favor the offense. I don't agree with this but it's the way it is. On defense you have 11 guys that can make a play. A tackle. cause a fumble, a sack or and INT. On offense it's pretty much the QB, one RB and the receivers. The O line just blocks so most people aren't even watching them. All this makes it easier to focus on 3 or 4 offensive players rather than all 11 defensive players.
Please no sophmore slump.
Bosa has a model of Jimmy's reconstructed knee on an altar.
Originally posted by 16to87:
How is it a misstep if you post what you truly feel?

Originally posted by 16to87:
Originally posted by RedGoldSquatch:
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
Definitely this

Can't understand why anyone would have a social media account knowing that one misstep could ruin their life. That's just normal every day folks, let alone professional athletes under the microscope. The media would call me by by nickname, "No comment"
How is it a misstep if you post what you truly feel?

Because others can determine what I feel isn't valid and have me cancelled. This is retroactive at times. Things that were perfectly fine 10 years ago are being dug up now and people are fired for them. Why take the risk? It's silly.

Even facts aren't immune to the backlash of a group that feels you have no right to work if you say or think certain things. Therefore I prefer to keep my views out of the public eye. I give almost no information about myself to co-workers for example. When I am at work I am a generic worker with no preferences or thoughts and allow no insight into the person I am at home. I am payed to do a job, and I do it well. I reserve me as a person for friends and family.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Offense always will get more attention. Many fans only see pass completions and TD passes. On defense sacks and INTs get attention but not like the offense. It's the reason all the rule changes favor the offense. I don't agree with this but it's the way it is. On defense you have 11 guys that can make a play. A tackle. cause a fumble, a sack or and INT. On offense it's pretty much the QB, one RB and the receivers. The O line just blocks so most people aren't even watching them. All this makes it easier to focus on 3 or 4 offensive players rather than all 11 defensive players.

This is what I think the case is for a player on defense winning the MVP. With the shift in rules and focus to almost exclusively offense (See Superbowl where they allowed Bosa to be held blatantly to allow the "Excitement" of the KC offense to keep it competitive) it is even more impressive to see ANY defensive player be able to dominate. It's like playing with half the pieces removed in a game of chess.
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Charles Woodson has a rediculous year with the Packers. But that was in the Manning/Brady greatness era

Prime Sherman. Redefined the position and the mold of a CB.

Originally posted by pdizo916:
Please no sophmore slump.

Please no sophomore injury.
The Webzone a year or so ago: "Oh, we should have traded for Khalil Mack". "Lynch doesn't know what it is doing, he should have traded for MacK". "The Bears Front office has a better understanding of how to rebuild a team than ours" ,"Once you get your franchise QB you need to go out and get guys like Mack because the Championship windows are so small these days"

Headline of article about PFF today: 49ers' Nick Bosa had higher PFF grade than Khalil Mack in rookie year. Not to mention that he won Defensive Rookie of the Year and is already in the conversation for Defensive Player of the Year for this season, but yeah, we should have definitely given up all of that draft capital and cap space to sign Mack.
[ Edited by 49ers81 on Jun 8, 2020 at 11:29 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ers81:
The Webzone a year or so ago: "Oh, we should have traded for Khalil Mack". "Lynch doesn't know what it is doing, he should have traded for MacK". "The Bears Front office has a better understanding of how to rebuild a team than ours" ,"Once you get your franchise QB you need to go out and get guys like Mack because the Championship windows are so small these days"

Headline of article about PFF today: 49ers' Nick Bosa had higher PFF grade than Khalil Mack in rookie year. Not to mention that he won Defensive Rookie of the Year and is already in the conversation for Defensive Player of the Year for this season, but yeah, we should have definitely given up all of that draft capital and cap space to sign Mack.

Tell me about it, I was among the few that was fine with the non Mack deal, it'd had cost us multiple players, including Bosa and probably Aiyuk.
I'll say 13.5 sacks this season
If ya'll think Kittle wants crazy money wait till 2023 when Bosa is in his 5th yr option what he'll want, more than Mack, more than Donald. $22M+
Share 49ersWebzone