There are 280 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by HawkBearPig:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
This may be a game where we see Saleh blitz a little more to get quick pressure on Mahomes. His real strength is throwing deep bombs to those speedy receivers but he isn't as accurate in the short game as Jimmy is. Make him get rid of the ball before his receivers can get downfield. If the front 4 can't do it then start blitzing. He doesn't have the experience or patience to find the open guy underneath like Brady or Brees do, so I wouldn't be as concerned about him finding the guy that's left alone when you blitz. Just enough times to put doubt in his mind because if he's confident and not being hit then it will be a long day.

Absolutely.
Absolutely not. Mahomes was one of the (if not the) best quarterbacks in the league against the blitz. Not saying we don't throw an occasional curve ball every once in a while, but this game will be won or lost by our 4 down d-linemen.

I fully expect the 49ers to play their normal defense to start, and adjust from there. Saw a stat the other day saying the 49ers blitz less than any team in the NFL ... around 20%. I would expect the same to continue, with some occasional trickery thrown in (zone blitz stuff like Bosa or Ford dropping into coverage, etc).
Originally posted by Giedi:
I'd love for the defense to be built around him and what he does. The way defenses in the past were built around Charles Haley and Fred Dean. He's not quite a rookie anymore and he's not quite a veteran yet, but once he has 100% of the defensive scheme down -- I'd love a defensive design where the entire defense revolves around our star player. We're probably at least a year or two away from this kind of defensive design, but I'm so looking forward to it.

First step in designing a defense for Bosa is getting a bit more depth at Edge Rusher, so that if Bosa is dinged up for a week or two, your defense doesn't have to change much because your primary player is missing for a couple of games.

Sounds like a recipe for disaster when that guy gets injured. The beauty of those Seattle defenses from a few years ago is that they didn't overly depend on any one player. It was about the unit as a whole and having players that could execute at a high level from front to back.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Sounds like a recipe for disaster when that guy gets injured. The beauty of those Seattle defenses from a few years ago is that they didn't overly depend on any one player. It was about the unit as a whole and having players that could execute at a high level from front to back.

I was literally typing this up.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Giedi:
I'd love for the defense to be built around him and what he does. The way defenses in the past were built around Charles Haley and Fred Dean. He's not quite a rookie anymore and he's not quite a veteran yet, but once he has 100% of the defensive scheme down -- I'd love a defensive design where the entire defense revolves around our star player. We're probably at least a year or two away from this kind of defensive design, but I'm so looking forward to it.

First step in designing a defense for Bosa is getting a bit more depth at Edge Rusher, so that if Bosa is dinged up for a week or two, your defense doesn't have to change much because your primary player is missing for a couple of games.

Kiffen and Seiferts defense had key players move around the field and trigger certain coverages and defensive schemes based on position, on the fly, no need for audibles. Sieferts key was the Elephant, Kiffen's (Dungy's) defenses were keyed by the Free Safety. Very hard for offenses to deal with because it's all silent and QB can't tell whether there has been defensive changes or not.

I remember Fred moving from one end of the DLine to the other, and screwing up the pass protection calls doing that, and the defense radically changes their rush schemes based on where Fred was. It, I thought, was a brilliant way to change up the defense and screw up offenses.
How has Joey Bosa faired against the Chiefs tackles?

Good question.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/news/238259/joey-bosa-gets-shut-down-loss-to-chiefs.php

Bosa was a point of focus by the Chiefs offense, limiting him to one of his worst statistical games of the year. In doing so, it at least freed up teammate Melvin Ingram to have a good game. Bosa will have a chance to redeem himself against the Broncos after the Chargers' bye week.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/news/245195/joey-bosa-neutralized-by-chiefs.php

Joey Bosa could not break his personal best in sacks on Sunday, registering two solo tackles, one assisted tackle, and two QB hits, as the Chargers fell to the Chiefs, 31-21.

Looks like they made it a point to slow down Bosa. Could be a big day for Ford, Buck, or Arik.
Originally posted by John_Candy:

Good question.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/news/238259/joey-bosa-gets-shut-down-loss-to-chiefs.php

Bosa was a point of focus by the Chiefs offense, limiting him to one of his worst statistical games of the year. In doing so, it at least freed up teammate Melvin Ingram to have a good game. Bosa will have a chance to redeem himself against the Broncos after the Chargers' bye week.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/news/245195/joey-bosa-neutralized-by-chiefs.php

Joey Bosa could not break his personal best in sacks on Sunday, registering two solo tackles, one assisted tackle, and two QB hits, as the Chargers fell to the Chiefs, 31-21.

Looks like they made it a point to slow down Bosa. Could be a big day for Ford, Buck, or Arik.

Yup big difference is SF has a s**t ton of elite DL that can lineup inside/outside. I expect them to attack the interior OL like they did vs Minn/GB.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Yup big difference is SF has a s**t ton of elite DL that can lineup inside/outside. I expect them to attack the interior OL like they did vs Minn/GB.

49ers DLine destroyed Minnesota and the Packers, and I dont think those OLines were bottom feeders. I think they were good OLines.

Dee Ford is the one that really freaks out offenses because they cant slide the protections one way or the other because you open up the middle.

Nobody in the NFL has managed to slow down the 49ers rushing attack and additionally, thier pass rush (when healthy).

At least from my eyes this season.
  • Kyzen
I'm sure it's been pointed out but, Bryant Young won a super bowl his rookie year while wearing #97 and now Bosa has the same chance.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by Mayor:
Don't let that distract you from the fact that he's injury prone, will never make a full NFL season and Q Williams should be the guy drafted.

Exactamundo. Couldn't of said it better myself

And he was only at the top of the draft board Because of his last name, can't forget that one

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kyzen:
I'm sure it's been pointed out but, Bryant Young won a super bowl his rookie year while wearing #97 and now Bosa has the same chance.

Bosa has the speed of a Charles haley and the power of a Bryant Young. I think he can be better than both of them.
Bosa giving health tips to corona virus people lol what a guy!
anyone got a pic of the babysitter that came to interview nick?? For research purposes of course.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Bosa has to ball on Sunday and bring that trophy back to the bay.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Bosa has to ball on Sunday and bring that trophy back to the bay.

Agree, but I think the X factor is Dee Ford.
Share 49ersWebzone