LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 227 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
They changed Defenses and salary is why they (KC) got rid of Ford. Ford admittedly is for PR, not a great run defender. Just do like Fred Dean, use when passing down.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by goldensnake:
Bosa is the key to this game. If we pressure the hell out of Rudolph then we will destroy them.

Already feeling the pressure...

When she thinks she has to fart, something wet will come out the hole #Mason

I can't wait for the Bosa/Buckner tackle/end stunts to finally result in some serious defensive dominance. Ford is a luxury player and play him where we need more pass rush than what Blair can generate. I'd do everything we can to preserve Ford for the season and possibly beyond. No guarantee he'll be playing next year with that deteriorating knee of his.

Good news, he'll play...limited snaps (it seems). I bet he'll take advantage of all his time, record a sack and apply lots of pressure.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WildBill:
They changed Defenses and salary is why they (KC) got rid of Ford. Ford admittedly is for PR, not a great run defender. Just do like Fred Dean, use when passing down.

Yeah, If it wasn't for all the cash, I'm sure they'd be a lot better with him opposite side of Clark...
BOSA! BOSA !! BOSA!!!
Yeah, If it wasn't for all the cash, I'm sure they'd be a lot better with him opposite side of Clark...

you think seattle would trade us frank clark? lol
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

The stated reason was that KC couldn't afford Ford under the cap and the fact that they were moving from a 3-4 to a 4-3. However, KC signed frank clark for almost 60+ million guaranteed so what does that say about not being able to afford Dee Ford? Dee Ford signed for, I think, 30+ million guaranteed. Secondly, the defense 3-4 and 4-3 are similar to each other that, Spagnulo - from a scheme and personnel point of view, there aren't a lot of major differences and somebody as talented as Ford, I'm sure Spagnulo can fit at the Rush DE/Linebacker spot in a 4-3 in base or sub packages. So both arguments fail, and I think the *real* reason they didn't want to resign Dee Ford was his degenerative knee condition.

I think Ford is another stopgap player like Cassius, in that when they can afford to do it from a personnel or cap point of view, they will cut him in favor of another edge rusher draftee or another free agent pass rusher.
[ Edited by Giedi on Sep 21, 2019 at 1:34 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

you think seattle would trade us frank clark? lol

Lol no they wouldn't have

Bosa / Ford is cool...if they're both healthy when we play the Patsies in the SB
I completely agree, Giedi. Ford is a great player, but KC upgraded with a more talented and younger player(but POS human) in Frank Clark.

It sucks that Dee Ford is going to be 29 years old with a f**ked up knee after this season. His speed style is also not conducive to longevity. Including this season, I'd only expect the Niners to get three years max out of Ford. But that's why you have 21-year-old Nick Bosa.
[ Edited by Heroism on Sep 21, 2019 at 1:40 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

The stated reason was that KC couldn't afford Ford under the cap and the fact that they were moving from a 3-4 to a 4-3. However, KC signed frank clark for almost 60+ million guaranteed so what does that say about not being able to afford Dee Ford? Dee Ford signed for, I think, 30+ million guaranteed. Secondly, the defense 3-4 and 4-3 are similar to each other that, Spagnulo - from a scheme and personnel point of view, there aren't a lot of major differences and somebody as talented as Ford, I'm sure Spagnulo can fit at the Rush DE/Linebacker spot in a 4-3 in base or sub packages. So both arguments fail, and I think the *real* reason they didn't want to resign Dee Ford was his degenerative knee condition.

I think Ford is another stopgap player like Cassius, in that when they can afford to do it from a personnel or cap point of view, they will cut him in favor of another edge rusher draftee or another free agent pass rusher.

If that's the case, Bosa / Blair and snag a rookie in the 2nd rd. They wouldn't address dline in the 1st again or would they
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Looking forward to watching him kick ass tomorrow.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Bosa, go!
Guys!! We have BOSAAAAA!!!!!!

Now we just need to sign Bethea. He available?

If that's the case, Bosa / Blair and snag a rookie in the 2nd rd. They wouldn't address dline in the 1st again or would they

Said second round pick was traded for D. Ford.
SF traded the future 2nd for a pass rush upgrade, who will be upgraded in the future by the future 2nd.
Classic chicken and the egg paradox. (Then the FO slips in and drafts DL in the 1st anyway.)

[ Edited by zonkers on Sep 21, 2019 at 7:34 PM ]
I love Bosa! I wanted us to draft him but was honestly skeptical if he would meet expectations. I think he is better than I thought he would be:.. ALREADY!

Once our front 7 gets more games together - wow
The chemistry and play is going to be incredible! I think we have something special if we can get a solid safety
Needs to start finishing those almost sacks.
Share 49ersWebzone