LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
challenge accepted

Allen had a quality night, that whole DL did he's got a half sack more than a Bosa and also one more game and about 50 more pass rush snaps than Bosa has had thus far.
Alejandro Villanueva will be the best tackle Bosa has faced so far. It will be a good test for the rook.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Heroism:
Alejandro Villanueva will be the best tackle Bosa has faced so far. It will be a good test for the rook.

Can't want to see this matchup. Also DeFo vs DeCastro.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Alejandro is like 6'9" - will be a definite challenge getting by those long arms.
Without a doubt - this is the best DLine we have faced so far.
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I remember specifically having an argument with multiple people saying he was injury prone and I just looked back pages on the Josh Allen thread where people were using the hold out issue as a reason they might take Allen instead.

1) Well,...he is injury prone,...until he proves otherwise. 2 games doesnt get rid yourself of such a tag, but he's well on his ay.

2) Josh looks pretty good (see above). Without the injury and personal issues, Bosa was obviously the top choice,...but if "right now" is any indication, Josh aint chopped liver and we'll have to see how things shake out.

Hold out talk and all of that are mostly stuff people say out of being upset he isint here. I dont think that gives people (bears included) permission to call them out all year like it was the biggest deal in the world. It really wasnt and we kinda get carried away with the "he said, she said" exaggerations.

I mean,...unless you're holding someone specific accountable, what does it even matter?

We're all enjoying the record thus far,...but there's still a helluva lot of moving parts when it comes to all of these players and decisions.

1) Been over this before. Not getting into it again.

2) I have no issues with the bolded. Give me Bosa 10/10 times but someone preferring Allen because of injury concerns has always been a legit argument for me. What I had issue with was people only using only stats to say that Allen was the better pass rusher... that's it.

After those two points, the underlined part, I literally have no idea what you're talking about.
You brought up what you "wont get into" again, tho. Just keeping perspective.
[ Edited by random49er on Sep 20, 2019 at 12:58 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
We need Bosa healthy because he's got a little catchin up to do after last nite

challenge accepted

Just implement the Bosa-Buckner tackle/end stunt and Bosa should have some numbers to challenge Josh Allen.

False. KittleSkittle did.

Nice try though

Nice try though

What are you even talking about?

Originally posted by KittleSkittle:

Nice try though

Love how you act like you have no clue.
Keep running with it.
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:

Nice try though

Love how you act like you have no clue.
Keep running with it.

What are YOU even talking about? All I posted in this thread yesterday was about how Bosa's ankle is healing by week 5 like I had said it would. And then you decided to be a stalker and dredge up posts from months ago that weren't even critical of Bosa and had nothing to do with anything being discussed.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Best OLine we faced too...i would think that aspect is more fitting for this thread :)

Hopefully both of ours play better than theirs...much better.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Best OLine we faced too...i would think that aspect is more fitting for this thread :)

Hopefully both of ours play better than theirs...much better.

It should be a good test. Looking at the schedule, we play a lot of bad o-lines this year. This is probably one of the better ones we'll play.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Alejandro is like 6'9" - will be a definite challenge getting by those long arms.

Hmmm...the guy was undrafted and based on this has no arms. If Bosa can't get like 10 sacks against him then he's a bust.

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/alejandro-villanueva/
Share 49ersWebzone