LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 386 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Breida had a "mid to high ankle sprain" and didn't sit out at all...Bosa will have had a month to recover.

And he went down in pain every week from it and had to leave every game until they shut him down for the season. THAT'S the example you want our new training staff to follow? They fired the old training staff for mishandling Breida's injury.

And Breida never had a month worth of recovery like Bosa will have.

THATS THE DIFFERENCE
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Aug 19, 2019 at 10:01 AM ]
Originally posted by thl408:
Wow this guy works for the Rams? Did not know that.

He was a doctor at one point...
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by thl408:
Who the heck is Ken Jung, can't find his twitter. Do we even know he's watched all the necessary youtube videos to make this type of assessment?

Is there a YouTube MD you can get, if you don't vaccinate your kids, watch over 2 hrs of unrelated tea-extract videos and purchase at least 5 "cleansing" crystals?

Ive been told if you rub some essential oils on the ankle (I'm assuming lavender) should be good to go in a couple days...that's what google says anyway.

Only when Jupiter is ascending... obviously

Well ya, common knowledge..I think if you do it on a full moon it helps as well

Even better we in California are currently having a harvest moon which even more powerful.
Originally posted by Izyniner:

Even better we in California are currently having a harvest moon which even more powerful.

Lol

Breida had a "mid to high ankle sprain" and didn't sit out at all...Bosa will have had a month to recover.

And he went down in pain every week from it and had to leave every game until they shut him down for the season. THAT'S the example you want our new training staff to follow? They fired the old training staff for mishandling Breida's injury.

THATS THE DIFFERENCE

And the medical staff is going to be extra cautious with the injury because they don't want to repeat the mistakes from last year.

I think Barrows hit the nail on the head in his article a few days ago:

Yes, Shanahan has said the "hope" is that Nick Bosa (ankle), Jerick McKinnon (knee), Jason Verrett (ankle), Weston Richburg (knee, quadricep), K'Waun Williams (knee) and Taylor (foot) are back before Week 1, but my experience is that you should always take the "over" when it comes to injury return dates. (And when a player tells you how many weeks he thinks he'll miss, multiply that number by three.)

When the 49ers went over their 2018 autopsy, one conclusion was that some players (Richburg? Matt Breida?) played despite injuries and had trouble performing at full throttle because of them. The approach this year is one of caution: Make sure the player is over the injury before sending him back onto the field. Which is another reason why Week 1 might be overly optimistic for many of the players listed above.

Yea, Bosa has a month to recover from that injury that usually takes 4-6 weeks to recover from for even elite athletes. That doesn't mean the team will rush him back, because to them it's more important to have him available weeks 5-17 than just week 1.

THATS THE DIFFERENCE

And the medical staff is going to be extra cautious with the injury because they don't want to repeat the mistakes from last year.

Yes, Shanahan has said the "hope" is that Nick Bosa (ankle), Jerick McKinnon (knee), Jason Verrett (ankle), Weston Richburg (knee, quadricep), K'Waun Williams (knee) and Taylor (foot) are back before Week 1, but my experience is that you should always take the "over" when it comes to injury return dates. (And when a player tells you how many weeks he thinks he'll miss, multiply that number by three.)

When the 49ers went over their 2018 autopsy, one conclusion was that some players (Richburg? Matt Breida?) played despite injuries and had trouble performing at full throttle because of them. The approach this year is one of caution: Make sure the player is over the injury before sending him back onto the field. Which is another reason why Week 1 might be overly optimistic for many of the players listed above.

Yea, Bosa has a month to recover from that injury that usually takes 4-6 weeks to recover from for even elite athletes. That doesn't mean the team will rush him back, because to them it's more important to have him available weeks 5-17 than just week 1.

Dude this is your problem though, you have no idea exactly what his injury is...I've already given you examples of players with a "high ankle sprain" diagnosis, who have played in a month (Garrett), Lane Jonhson misses zero weeks, Jamaal Charles missed one, OBJ missed like 3 1/2 weeks from what I remember etc...

A high ankle sprain isn't the same across the board for you to just assume it's 4-6+ weeks in recovery. In most cases with a full blown high ankle sprain you're are in a boot for 2+ weeks (according to my PT wife).
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Aug 19, 2019 at 10:29 AM ]

You got great players who are probably just if not more important than Bosa coming back in less than a month...The fact that he's shed his walking boot in less than a week doesn't help your 9 week timetable.
I think Bosa misses week 1, but I don't doubt he'll desperately be itching to play at Cincinnati -- you know, coming from Ohio State and all.
I'm still trying to figure out how you can see how someone isn't "rolling their ankle" when walking.

Because I seriously call BS on that.

THATS THE DIFFERENCE

Dude this is your problem though, you have no idea exactly what his injury is...I've already given you examples of players with a "high ankle sprain" diagnosis, who have played in a month (Garrett), Lane Jonhson misses zero weeks, Jamaal Charles missed one, OBJ missed like 3 1/2 weeks from what I remember etc...

A high ankle sprain isn't the same across the board for you to just assume it's 4-6+ weeks in recovery. In most cases with a full blown high ankle sprain you're are in a boot for 2+ weeks (according to my PT wife).

You don't know his medical diagnosis either. We're both just giving our opinions.

I think you're discounting the extra precaution our medical staff is going to take this year. If there is any doubt about whether or not Bosa is 100% recovered from his injury they're going to sit him.
You don't know his medical diagnosis either. We're both just giving our opinions.

I think you're discounting the extra precaution our medical staff is going to take this year. If there is any doubt about whether or not Bosa is 100% recovered from his injury they're going to sit him.

What we do know.....he's out of his walking boot a week after the injury. fact. There were no broken bones. fact. There was no surgery. fact

Yes our medical staff is being cautious...maybe he could actually be able to practice in a week, yet they're holding him out the full month?

your timetable of 9 weeks is about as likely as when you said he might not play week 1 because of a tight hammy in May OTAs.

we will agree to disagree there.
I can tell you on a personal stand point I have had multiple high ankle sprains in both ankles. At the time I was a full time baseball player so I wasn't just sitting around in my life at the time. I was very active and physically I was in great shape. The shortest amount of time for me to get back to playing was 2½ weeks with the longest being 2 months. and this was with me seeing a team physical therapist once a day for treatment. It all depends on the stage or grade of strain/sprain you have. Every one of them will vary. So time tables are just a guess, nobody can predict what it should take or how long.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

THATS THE DIFFERENCE

you should use better words to explain your point lol

a "full blown" high ankle sprain could mean a complete tear needing surgery
That's considered an unstable high ankle sprain

there's one main ligament in the upper ankle that attache the two leg bones
it's either strained, partial tear (most common) full tear

just like how you can injure a finger. is it bruised, broken or Ronnie Lotted?
lolz

What we do know.....he's out of his walking boot a week after the injury. fact. There were no broken bones. fact. There was no surgery. fact

Yes our medical staff is being cautious...maybe he could actually be able to practice in a week, yet they're holding him out the full month?

your timetable of 9 weeks is about as likely as when you said he might not play week 1 because of a tight hammy in May OTAs.

we will agree to disagree there.

It's not a 9 week recovery time though. Missing the first 3 games would still put him within the 4-6 week recovery range assuming he's fully recovered during the bye and a full-go for practice leading up to the Monday night game against the Browns.

The injury occurred 4 weeks before the opener, so the Steeler game is 6 weeks from the time of the injury.
[ Edited by KittleSkittle on Aug 19, 2019 at 10:59 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone