There are 263 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by tommyncal:
information can be found supporting any side. You make a blanket statement that isn't true. here : "A hamstring injury is a strain or tear to the tendons or large muscles at the back of the thigh." And here: "A hamstring strain can be a pull, a partial tear, or a complete tear. "
Unless you have his medical report, you can't say it was a tear.
Either way, I hope they keep him out at least a couple of regular season games

You hope they keep him out?! I get it if the injury warrants it, but if he's available, then he should play.

just erring on the side of caution. Would like him in the line up at playoff time
Given how careful Kyle has been with injury this preseason people need to seriously chill. For all we know all of these injuries are things he would play through so would be a non issue. Unless he starts accumulating multiple injuries that cause him to miss meaningful games then there's really nothing to see here. They are being careful given that he's effectively had a season off which makes you prone to minor pulls/tweaks.
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
Given how careful Kyle has been with injury this preseason people need to seriously chill. For all we know all of these injuries are things he would play through so would be a non issue. Unless he starts accumulating multiple injuries that cause him to miss meaningful games then there's really nothing to see here. They are being careful given that he's effectively had a season off which makes you prone to minor pulls/tweaks.

Agreed, while I don't doubt he's dealing with a substantial ankle injury. I do think this staff is being very careful with any sort of injury.
Originally posted by DaBum:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by DaBum:
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
I think Shanahan doesn't want to see Bosa playing in the pre season so he has him faking an injury.

Shanny clearly doesn't believe in risking these guys in the pre season.

I have no proof, but I think this is a brilliant move. We just lost our back up tackle for no reason at all!

Shanahan does not need to have him fake an injury to sit him. He sat tons of players last night who aren't injured. He can sit whoever he wants.

He didn't sit too many rookies last night, did he?

They are the type that need the action. This is a really dumb take. If Shanahan didnt want to use him in preseason then he wouldnt. Not using a rookie is extremely dumb and unprecendented. He certainly wouldnt fake an injury and get an MRI for no reason. I'd drop this argument.

It is actually dumb to believe everything you read.

Did you see the lineman fall on his leg? Were you there for the MRI?

It's on the internet so it must be true...

That's a nice tin foil hat you got.

I trust Barrows, Maoicco and the others who saw it.

Bosa has made a miraculous recovery!

He's already out of the walking boot!!!!
For better understanding, see below.

Hopefully he's back by week one. But I'm starting to think there's something in the California water or something. Because the 49ers just can't seem to stay healthy.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Relax people. At DE, he needs that ankle to be 100% to anchor and bend. If that thing is weak and gives out again you're going to lose him for most of the season. Don't rush him back. Ford will be back in a week and Moore looks good against the run and pass so far. If we needs a couple more weeks, take it. Bye week is week 3.

Agree, need him for the Nov to Dec run, not week 1

Interesting that the video points out that a lot of Bosa's injury is on that right leg and right side. The side he achors on to pass rush. I wonder if there are excercies or braces that can agument or support his right anchoring ability. I know Watt wears a brace on his arm and that arm was free from injury for a couple of years now.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
For better understanding, see below.

Hopefully he's back by week one. But I'm starting to think there's something in the California water or something. Because the 49ers just can't seem to stay healthy.

Love hearing this from doctors. They don't mince words and know semantics matter. High ankle. Grade 1 = tear. Facts matter.
High ankle sprains sometimes don't heal well without surgery.
I had fixation surgery for mine but it was much more severe with ruptured ligaments.

Tightrope surgery is much quicker recovery.

Hoping that no surgery means the sprain is minor.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Interesting that the video points out that a lot of Bosa's injury is on that right leg and right side. The side he achors on to pass rush. I wonder if there are excercies or braces that can agument or support his right anchoring ability. I know Watt wears a brace on his arm and that arm was free from injury for a couple of years now.

I recall he continues to wear that brace so he grandma can easily spot him on tv lol
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Relax people. At DE, he needs that ankle to be 100% to anchor and bend. If that thing is weak and gives out again you're going to lose him for most of the season. Don't rush him back. Ford will be back in a week and Moore looks good against the run and pass so far. If we needs a couple more weeks, take it. Bye week is week 3.

Agree, need him for the Nov to Dec run, not week 1

Is that the same side where he tore his hamstring?

Can we just lock this thread? This thread has become ridiculous and border line troll. 347 pages of whining about he is injury prone. Give it a break. Getting extremely old
If people would stop defending "NOTHING",...it'd be about 147 pages. It is what it is.
[ Edited by random49er on Aug 15, 2019 at 8:15 PM ]
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by Curlin:
Originally posted by genus49:
He's a professional football player and you're calling him a snowflake...it's not your "knowledge of toughness" we're questioning. Although it seems like you're specially proficient in internet toughness.

And unless I checked Barkley a running back is very rarely going to be in a situation where he's engaged with a guy trying to block him as a 300 lb man falls on the back of his leg.

How many times does Barkley block in pass protection? How many of those infrequent snaps is he blocking where all the big bodies are? It's not a toughness situation. It's a luck situation.

Don't worry considering I have the #1 overall pick in my FF league and will be taking Barkley his luck will likely run out today...cuz that tends to happen with the first picks I have.

How many times is TACKLED by several 300 LB linemen. You are a joke.

Welcome back SteveYoung.

Second...do you understand the difference in being tackled when you're expecting contact vs being locked up with another player where your foot is planted on the ground and having someone huge fall on the bag of your leg? If that foot stays on the ground it's a serious injury 99% of the time considering if someone is pushing you backwards from the front and a huge man is falling on your leg from the other direction...there is not much room for error.

Snap crackle and pop...it's biology and physics. Running backs get tackled and most of the time there isn't another person pushing them in the complete opposite direction.

I should have quit when I saw you still played FF when real gambling is available across most of the the country. I didn't know I was dealing with a 12 year old.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I need some goddamn Bosa ankle news.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I need some goddamn Bosa ankle news.

His ankle is currently being sought after by thanos. After the last battle it's clearly the way to beat everything. Dr strange even said so in winter solider..
Share 49ersWebzone