There are 220 users in the forums

Nick Bosa-DE-Ohio State is a Niner (no politics)

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
It's not trolling to have concerns about a player. You don't know any better than I do whether or not he'll start on the PUP list due to his hamstring injury. Just because he's been rehabbing and training with his brother doesn't mean he's a full-go for practice.

You claimed he had a torn hamstring, which was NEVER reported and you know this. It has also been mentioned in this thread that he has been working out with Joey, yet you claimed he likely would not be practicing at the start of TC even if signed.

You are just making things up as you go along. Not hard to see through your posts bruh.

Working out/rehabbing with his brother does not mean he's healthy enough to practice yet. We've seen videos of Kwon, Verrett, McKinnon, Ward, etc. working out. It doesn't mean they'll all be a full-go at the start of TC. Just because you're able to do some workouts doesn't mean you're ready for everything that football requires.

We don't know the nature of Bosa's workouts with his brother or the true severity of his injury. All we have is a few pictures. And there's no reason to rush him back to practice. I'd much rather we let him fully recover from the hamstring tear than push him back to practice and have him reinjure it.
[ Edited by KittleSkittle on Jul 21, 2019 at 10:51 AM ]
@ least Kittle understands the difference between running around or doing pushups vs. constantly colliding with 300 lb monsters trying to break u in half.

Bravo,...sir.

#WaitAndSee
[ Edited by random49er on Jul 21, 2019 at 11:12 AM ]
It's not trolling to have concerns about a player. You don't know any better than I do whether or not he'll start on the PUP list due to his hamstring injury. Just because he's been rehabbing and training with his brother doesn't mean he's a full-go for practice.

Dude it's a grade one hamstring pull...that's like a week maybe two long "rehab" also they're not gonna put him on PUP, at worst he doesn't take part in every single workout for the 1st week.
Originally posted by random49er:
@ least Kittle understands the difference between running around or doing pushups vs. constantly colliding with 300 lb monsters trying to break u in half.

Bravo,...sir.

#WaitAndSee

Does he understand the difference between an grade 1 hamstring strain and a grade 2/3 hamstring tear? I didn't see pics of him doing push-ups, I did see pics of him doing workouts consisting of having to use your lower body.

He doesn't have to be colliding with 300 lbs to NOT be put on PUP for the first week of camp.
  • evil
  • Veteran

You claimed he had a torn hamstring, which was NEVER reported and you know this. It has also been mentioned in this thread that he has been working out with Joey, yet you claimed he likely would not be practicing at the start of TC even if signed.

You are just making things up as you go along. Not hard to see through your posts bruh.

Working out/rehabbing with his brother does not mean he's healthy enough to practice yet. We've seen videos of Kwon, Verrett, McKinnon, Ward, etc. working out. It doesn't mean they'll all be a full-go at the start of TC. Just because you're able to do some workouts doesn't mean you're ready for everything that football requires.

We don't know the nature of Bosa's workouts with his brother or the true severity of his injury. All we have is a few pictures. And there's no reason to rush him back to practice. I'd much rather we let him fully recover from the hamstring tear than push him back to practice and have him reinjure it.

In one breath you claim we don't know the true severity of the injury and the next you claim it is a tear. Contradictory much?

Literally nobody claimed it to be torn, so why would you keep repeating that? Smells like trolling to me, and as evidenced by previous posts in the last couple of pages, I am not the only one.

In one breath you claim we don't know the true severity of the injury and the next you claim it is a tear. Contradictory much?

Literally nobody claimed it to be torn, so why would you keep repeating that? Smells like trolling to me, and as evidenced by previous posts in the last couple of pages, I am not the only one.

Almost every muscle strain is going to involve some tearing of the muscle, so it's common to use those words interchangeablely. Whether someone calls it a hamstring strain or a hamstring tear, it doesn't make a difference. We don't have any official word yet that he's healthy enough to practice, so it's reasonable to wonder if he'll start on the PUP list or sit out the first week or so of practice. The good news is that it doesn't matter that much if he's not signed by the first day of camp, especially if he wouldn't be practicing anyways.
  • evil
  • Veteran

Almost every muscle strain is going to involve some tearing of the muscle, so it's common to use those words interchangeablely. Whether someone calls it a hamstring strain or a hamstring tear, it doesn't make a difference. We don't have any official word yet that he's healthy enough to practice, so it's reasonable to wonder if he'll start on the PUP list or sit out the first week or so of practice. The good news is that it doesn't matter that much if he's not signed by the first day of camp, especially if he wouldn't be practicing anyways.

There is a difference actually, a strain is classified as a grade 1 injury whereas a tear is classified as a grade 2 or 3 injury.

All reports from local and national media were that it was a grade 1 injury.

A hamstring injury is a strain or tear to the tendons or large muscles at the back of the thigh.

It's a common injury in athletes and can occur in different severities. The 3 grades of hamstring injury are:

grade 1 – a mild muscle pull or strain
grade 2 – a partial muscle tear
grade 3 – a complete muscle tear
The length of time it takes to recover from a hamstring strain or tear will depend on how severe the injury is.

A minor muscle pull or strain (grade 1) may take a few days to heal, whereas it could take weeks or months to recover from a muscle tear (grade 2 or 3).

I'm going off of what was reported (grade one) if it's truly worse than that, then he might start camp on the PUP....but that would be completely disregarding what was reported and you'd basically be assuming off of nothing factual (what was given to us).
https://www.emedicinehealth.com/pulled_hamstring/article_em.htm#what_are_symptoms_and_signs_of_a_pulled_hamstring_hamstring_injury

A grade 1 strain describes fibers that are stretched but not torn.
A grade 2 strain occurs if there is a partial tear of some of the muscle or tendon fibers.
A grade 3 strain describes the rare situation where there is complete tear or rupture of the muscle or tendon.

Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for random49er.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Oh no QW fans

Unimportant fodder until camp is underway.

You missed the sarcasm my friend.

I was really talking about Bosa and repeating the same thing u've concluded about him: its unimportant until he starts missing camp time and beyond. This was your conclusion.

And I agree. I just dont get why we fill up the board defending stuff that doesnt need to be defended?

If you really believe its not important right now...why continue to add fuel to the fire with every little nugget of stuff you get your hands on, like QW??

It leads me to believe you're concerned yourself and just dont wanna admit it, lol.

If you are,...sop letting people bait you.

Just ignore the unimportant stuff and focus on the twitter pics and workouts. You know...the kinda-real news going on right now?

Some will continue to fuel nothing if they want and the others will have to weed thru it I guess,...JMO tho.
[ Edited by random49er on Jul 21, 2019 at 1:41 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Did BOSA sign yet?
You missed the sarcasm my friend.

I was really talking about Bosa and repeating the same thing u've concluded about him: its unimportant until he starts missing camp time and beyond. This was your conclusion.

And I agree. I just dont get why we fill up the board defending stuff that doesnt need to be defended?

If you really believe its not important right now...why continue to add fuel to the fire with every little nugget of stuff you get your hands on, like QW??

It leads me to believe you're concerned yourself and just dont wanna admit it, lol.

If you are,...sop letting people bait you.

Just ignore the unimportant stuff and focus on the twitter pics and workouts. You know...the kinda-real news going on right now?

Some will continue to fuel nothing if they want and the others will have to weed thru it I guess,...JMO tho.

You said it was unimportant until camp starts...well QW isn't showing up and their camp started.

It's not fueling anything, its proving a point...none of us truly know who these players are, most don't get how contracts work, ANYONE can get injured, and even dudes who seem genuinely humble like QW can hold out...it's not as simple as saying he's greedy (like people have with Bosa) or injury prone. There's plenty of context that can be applied to all of this stuff, yet some don't want to for certain reasons.
Originally posted by 9moon:
Did BOSA sign yet?

CAA just got Devin White (5th overall) signed a day before their camp started.

I'm assuming it will be something similar to that, crazy that Deebo hasn't signed yet either. Praag needs to get going here.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 21, 2019 at 2:24 PM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
You can like Bosa AND QW. It's okay. This doesn't need to be a thing.
Share 49erswebzone