There are 167 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by Heroism:
jab-double swipe. Jab to freeze the tackle's feet and draw the punch; swipe to clear the hands.

Technician!! Interesting that they call it a side scissor at Ohio State. Wrath brought that to my attention. First time hearing that term for double swipe. Football is pretty annoying with its infinite synonymous terminology.

How about the arc footwork? Especially the inside foot. He gets that thing pointed immediately to the QB once he's got the corner. That affords him the shortest and tightest path to the QB.

I love the fact that he can stutter step and *still* explode to the QB. I really am excited about him teaming up with Buckner as his 3-tech DT. Those stutter steps will be deadly when combined with a stunt between Buckner and him on a nickel rush.
So once he does sign and goes through training camp are we going to only let him play in parts of the preaseason to avoid injury so he is ready for week 1 or do you think the team will let him play all of our preaseason games?
Originally posted by philgardis49:
So once he does sign and goes through training camp are we going to only let him play in parts of the preaseason to avoid injury so he is ready for week 1 or do you think the team will let him play all of our preaseason games?

They'll let him play all or at least first 3 games. 4th game most starters sit or get very limited snaps and I expect Nick to win the starting job.
Originally posted by genus49:
They'll let him play all or at least first 3 games. 4th game most starters sit or get very limited snaps and I expect Nick to win the starting job.

I want to see him play too, Im just a little nervous especially with his injury history and would rather put him in certain spots to see how he does and then let him go full bore week 1 instead of possibly letting him play too many snaps in preseason and then we dont see him at all.
I know we cant keep him in bubble wrap but we have to be smart to make sure we get the most out of him when it counts.
Maybe some good news this Monday
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by philgardis49:

Yes, I also agree that Nick Mullens will win the starting job.
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Oh no QW fans

It's not a big deal until his mom goes online like Bosa's mom did and says that he should have pulled an Eli Manning (during Joey's holdout).

Wait this actually happened?
Who are we currently blaming for him not being signed?
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Trump.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

It's about 75% short arms unable to reach the contract to sign it.
10% injury genetics causing him to be bed ridden and unable to sign the contract.
10% his brother held out and he does everything that his brother does.
5% he hates the 49ers and waiting for a trade to New England and he's taking Jimmy G with him.

Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

Yup lol, LA wanted to put off sets in his contract AND pay him his bonus a yr later than every single top 3 pick had gotten theirs the past 5 previous yrs.

Joey said he'd allow for off sets, if he got his bonus early (or when every other top 3 pick had gotten theirs) or get his bonus a yr later, if no off sets...most teams don't ask early picks to have either let alone both.

Imo they had a right to be pissed...LA was being cheap.
Oh no QW fans

It's not a big deal until his mom goes online like Bosa's mom did and says that he should have pulled an Eli Manning (during Joey's holdout).

Yea...

NFL.com article
[ Edited by KittleSkittle on Jul 19, 2019 at 7:37 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Oh no QW fans

Yea...

NFL.com article

That's an old article and from what I've read and heard on the radio is that the Chargers were trying to low-ball him.

IMO Bosa's mom had good reason for speaking her mind.
Who is QW's agent/agency? If it's the same as Nick Bosa then we're screwed.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Who is QW's agent/agency? If it's the same as Nick Bosa then we're screwed.

I think they have different agents.
Share 49ersWebzone